i have a few questions about my first indoor grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by harrygohr, Oct 20, 2009.

1. hello i am planning on cultivating two maybe three plants
    my most concern is with lighting..... i plan on using florecent lights and i was wondering for two or three plants whats a good number of lights or total number of watts of light to use??
    i will post more questions as i need them answered .... and i will have more questions ... trust me

2. I have read (on this forum through search and sticky) that you need roughly 50-100 (actual) watts per plant. although as seedling that decreases as you dont want to have those youngins on the face of the sun so to speak. as they get bigger though then up the ante.

3. the more light the better, depending on how long you want them to veg you should run 3-4 Cfl's per plant. i personally run 2 6500k 23w, and 1 2700k 23w for veg, when its time to flower i'll swap out the 6500k's to 2700ks and probably add at least 1-2 more lamps. most of the people on here will be more than willing to answer any question you might think up.

4. thank you for your answers as it turns out i am actualy working on my grow box right now i will be making a list of lights and other matterials i will need for the operation and either today or tomorrow take a shopping trip to pick up everything im going to need

5. if you're wanting to grow for cheap, go w/ cfl's, you can get 8" clamp reflectors for about $7 a piece, the cfl bulbs themselves are like $10 for a 4 pack, soilless potting soil is like $5-10 a bag, pots can range in price but plastic 10" pots are around $2 a piece. a themometer/humidity is like $7, if you're planning on going hydro or aero your setup will be a little more expensive but you can still get out fairly cheap. nutes and a ph tester will be the most expensive investments but will pay for themselves in the end w/ fat sticky nugs.

6. thank you samiel very helpfull and yea im keepin it simple no hydro for me

7. no problem, im currently in week 2 of my first indoor grow myself. although i have experience growing outdoors, this is a whole different ball game. the last 2 outdoor grows i had were basically plant it and forget it. remember, keep your grow room clean, the cleaner the room the easier life will be..