Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

i have a few question about kief

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by travo420, Jan 17, 2009.

1. 1.what is it exactly
    2.how do you collect it
    3.can u get it from mids or just good weed

2. 1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kief
    2. Wiki discusses it.. but FYI they make these things called space cases which have the screen at the bottom that allows the trichomes to come through..
    3. All weed has THC obviously, so all weed will produce kief... the more "crystalized" the nugs, the more kief you'll collect... Some (including myself) believe that the more kief you have, the worse smoke you're generally experiencing... meaning, you're losing most of it into the case, and not actually smoking it... of course it could be argued that you'll eventually smoke it, but all the more I'd rather smoke it first :) unless you're on a shortage.. then it's good to have...

3. k thanx +rep

4. 1. It is collected trichromes and THC from buds, the crystals you see on good weed is essentially kief
    2. It can be collected in a few different methods, but one way is to use a grinder with a collector, or buy a kief colllecter (wooden box with screen in it)
    3. From my understanding, you can collect kief from mids, however you would yield more kief by using really good weed, because the trichromes are more visible.