I Have a Concern and May Need a Mod's Help

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by pearl75, Aug 1, 2012.

1. When non-members browse these forums, can they see pictures and access links we post? The reason I ask is because I've noticed that other, similar sites don't allow you to view links and pics unless you join their site. If non-members can see our pics, I have one I want deleted ASAP.

2. Just log out and try and view the picture yourself lol. You'll get your answer.

3. Tried that, but I'm logged in automatically by just clicking on GC.

4. Use a different browser? Come on now you don't need help to figure this out.

5. I'm not a computer wizard like some other people. If you don't want to help me, just go away. :rolleyes:

6. Had I been on a comp I would have, but you don't need to be a computer wizard to use a different browser.

7. Pearl - you actually have to sign out completely - clear your cookies and cache and then try to check it out. Honestly I have no idea what can and can't be viewed by guests.

8. I think everything can be viewed by guests right?

Because I thought I've seen posts where people talk about how they've been guests/lurkers for a long time, checking out peoples pics and whta not.

9. im pretty sure the site is 100% open to view

ya, if its a concern at all its probably best deleted bow anyways

10. Thank you, Will, ILLOGIK, and THCandroid, when I logged out, and cleared everything out, I got to see for myself. All I could see were links, and not the pics. I still think I should delete one of my pictures. I'll need a mod's assistance with this because the post is too old for me to edit.

Does this pose a concern with anyone, though? ILLOGIK, you brought up the point that guests have posted in the past that they've been lurking for a long time, looking at pics and reading posts. I recall seeing those types of posts, too. Maybe it's a bad idea to allow non-members to view some things, particularly in the grow sections. And, perhaps, not allowing guests to see some things may entice them to join instead of lurk.

Thanks again, GC. :wave:

11. I don't have a problem with it, it doesn't worry me.

But I donly post pics of my stash, or joints, small shit like that. Maybe if I was posting pics of my grow or something like that I'd be more worried.

personally, I looked around the site and lurked for a little before I joined. I think the fact that guests can look at threads is good for the site. It allows people to see what the site is about... you'll commonly read where people say they lurked for awhile reading the site before they decided to make an account.

12. That's a good point, too.

13. Report the post and ask that it be deleted that way. :)

14. Thanks, RMJL, I'll do that. I'm having other picture issues, too. I haven't been able to upload pics for a few days now. I keep getting an error message that says 'security token missing'. I have no clue what that means. =/ It gave me the option to send you a message, but when I tried I got an error message for that, too.

15. yeah, I agree that guests shouldn't be allowed to view pictures and certain information.

I'm not really sure what it is, but something about guests being able to see literally everything kinda irks me.

16. Yeah, should really have to be a member to view the grow threads....not that it makes any difference, anybody can join. A small fee to join would help, imo....

17. FB has more privacy. Don't get me wrong, I love this place. Just sayin'. ;)

18. I can upload pics again. Thank you to whomever fixed the issue for me. I appreciate it. :smoke:

19. you know what .. I've got memberships to pretty much every damn Cannabis site out there.

Then about a year ago . I quit joining canna sites cause they all require joining to see pics now.

While I get the paranoia, I am no longer willing to add to the membership count of sites I am only hitting cause Google search led to that particular thread.

really pisses me off to be searching growing/breeding problems and get a wall of links that need "privileges to view", nullifying the great wall of text I just read .