Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I have a card, can my roommate get in trouble?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by RegularWeed, Feb 8, 2008.

1. So I have a medical card for my sleeping problems. I have been going to clubs for my supply but it has really started to take a toll on my pocket book. I have decided that growing is the smart and fun choice for me. However I live with a roommate in an apt. He is cool with my habit and everything and I would disclose everything to him. However if anything were to happen, can he get in trouble. Im going to be growing for personal use. I just want to make sure he isn't going to get in trouble for something I do legally. not that I really anticipate any problems. I doubt the chances of getting caught for only 3-4 plants are very big. So does anyone know the law around this?

2. Anyone know?

3. your roommate is fine.
    what i would recommend tho is to keep a copy of your card/prescription with your plants.

4. as long as you stay within your states limits he`s fine, your fine, its all good, if your following your mmj laws theres nothing against the law being done :)

5. Allright guys. Good to hear. Thanks for the answers.

6. The only problem with this is that the Federal Government can still raid med patients even if it is legal in that state. Not that chances are large by any means especially if its small. But, IF it did go down then yes he could get into trouble.

7. i would worry about the feds cracking down on despenceies and large op`s first just my 02

8. feds aint gonna bust ya for 4 plants. they got WAY more important things to worry about, like that one guy with 1500 plants down the street from u.

9. no they wont.

im saying they would start with dispenceries and larger grow operations.

10. So it illegal to grow even if you have a card?

11. federally yes. marijuana is a DANGEROUS DANGEROUS DRUG MANG !!!!111one.

but state law enforcement cannot touch u.

12. the problem is that state law says it's legal. but federal(national) law says it's not. so they can still bust you.

13. I'm extremely positive that you are fine. 4 plants is not enough to even set up an investigation to raid someone. Besides, the Feds have much more and greater things to worry about. Some guy growing 4 plants to them is nothing; they worry about dispensaries and big time dealers. Don't even trip. Have a fun time growing :smoke:

14. Put your documentation by your plants and you are fine.

You might even want to sign your roommate up to be a caregiver or get him to get a card too.

To clarify, the local and state authorities will follow your recommendation, the DEA/federal authorities will not.