Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

i hate when people

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Zapata, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Ok people keep pissing me off when they say weed is addicting I always explain but they never listen or when they think just cuz u do it ur a bad person
    I was in skool n my friend said this I was bout to punch him for being so ignorant
    how u guys feel?

2. Just like anything else, you can be addicted to marijuana.

EDIT: Massive mindfuck, OP I'm in Odessa.

3. Just not physically.

4. Indifferent. It really doesn't matter what they think. No need for punches though. Haha.

5. Well he says its addicting and I kno its not atleast for me like I havnt smoked n a week cuz im dry well besides today but It didn't really effect me for being dry

Oh shit I have family in odessa and go there sometimes

6. You can still get addicted to it just like how people get addicted to video games, fast food, etc.

7. Well im not addicted to it and I kno its not addicting itself but still like I havnt smoked n a week n he was prettt much saying im addicted to it like bitch I should slap u for thinking that but idk

Oh shit havnt meet someone near me on GC I have family in odessa and go there sometimes. Even bought my bong from odessa at county line hahaha

8. you are lying to yourself if you are not mentally "addicted" i perfer the word attached.
    you cannot be physically addicted but mentally attached yes.

you know you thought about smoking during that week, if you think about it more than once you are attached somewhat.

9. You can get addicted to basically anything. Why do you think some every day smokers smoke every day? Most simply enjoy the cannabis but a few are addicted.

10. its not addicting to the point where your body will start to shut down if it doesnt have it....its not like where your gonna go through severe withdrawls and shake nd shit untill you can smoke...its only addicting in the sense that its an amazing plant and you jus rlly wanna smoke agian

11. i wouldn't say that its addicted but its something that is fun to do like plaing video games so you just think about going home and smoking just like you would with other things you like.

12. not physically but psychologically, but you can be psychologically addicted to anything, say you like swimming, you want to go swimming again, you like eating steak, you want more steak.. you like being high, you want to get high again, wouldn't even consider it an addiction, more just a hobby?

13. Anything that brings the mind pleasure IS, in fact, addicting. period.

14. People are always going to try to argue that marijuana creates a physical addiction, when really it's all a psychological addiction that some people fall under. It's not as debilitating as say, being addicted to heroin, but the desire to constantly smoke it can sometimes lead to addict-like behavior. My buddy went through an addiction/withdrawal from marijuana two years ago when he had to quit for his girlfriend (she smoke with him now, so it's all kosher). It wasn't anything major, but he did seem like he was getting over an addiction. Did it harm him? Not substantially, but it did change his behavior and habits because he got mentally addicted. So there is some truth to the addiction situation, but it holds very little water in my boat.

By the way, to both gentlemen I've quoted - Another mindfuck: I'm in the Midland/Odessa area, as well!

15. #15 Dogmaiempihsrow, Nov 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2010
    Weed is not physically addicting. You CAN be psychologically addicted to it. (you can be psychologically addicted to absolutely anything). However, this discussion really doesn't matter because a physical addiction is surprising easy to break. This can be shown through Vietnam veterans. A surprising number of soldiers in Vietnam used heroin to cope with the situation. However, upon return to the country, 90% of them stopped cold turkey, with absolutely no help. This is because they were not psychologically dependent on the drug. It is the psychological addiction that you have to watch out for. I hate all these threads saying "weed is not addicting", because some people that do in fact have a psychological dependency on weed read this say "oh, I'm fine lol" when in fact they should seek help. Please do not play down the seriousness of a psychological addiction. If heroin/crack/meth addicts were not psychologically addicted to the drug as well as physically addicted, then they would have a MUCH easier time quitting. Psychological addiction is serious, and it can ruin a persons life. period. Don't get me wrong though, EVERYTHING you do carries the risk of you becoming psychologically addicted. I am not trying to demonize my beloved herb at all.

16. anything you do that becomes habitual, you are considered addicted to, whether its chewing on a pencil, or smoking a bowl.... The speed of addiction is what differs these things from physically addicting shit... you become addicted by habit, not by chemical structure