I hate weed snobs

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Royksopp, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Yesterday I picked up 1.3 grams of legit Sour Diesel for $20. Me, happy as hell that I managed to get some of the Sour D floating around South Florida, take pictures and send it to a few friends. Most of the feedback was positive and of course there is always that one person that tries to ruin it for you. My cousin texts me back saying "Oh, sour D is overrated." And I go "How is it overrated..? Yes, it's popular but I mean this is really great stuff. It's legit, I smoked half a bowl and I was ripped." and she replies back saying "Yeah well my regular crippy (SoFL slang for really good/dank weed) weed gets me higher than sour D ever has." and I go "whatever _______" and ended it there. Was I showing off? Yes, because I was happy about picking up some sour D. But why do people try to ruin the happiness? Like, I was so excited and then she has to be the Debbie Downer and bring me down. I mean whatever, I know it's great weed, and yes the weed she gets is good, but it definitely isn't like sour D. I'm sure you guys know some people like this.

2. Sounds like one of those "one-upper" type people. They always have to rain on your parade..

3. she was probably just jealous. and thats cool that you like send pics of weed to ur friends when you pick up haha like a weed chain.

4. those are the exact types of people that piss me off. Usually just cocky, not as much weed snobs. I know peole who do that but about eveything, always gotta top it.

5. My friends and I usually send each other pic msgs of our weed :) lol kinda like how people post pictures of their pick up's in the stash jar subforum.

6. I dislike those kinds of people.

I don't understand why you had to show off. Whenever I pick up I never brag about to my friends or people that I know. I would find that annoying if someone was saying that to me, but that's just me I guess.

7. i don't send pictures to show off as much as show them the good bud that i had recently happened across. like when you find $20 in the street or something...you don't brag, but it's lucky that it happened so you show it off.

8. #9 Brahski, Feb 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2010
    damn, my bad, what the fuck was I doin'.. :rolleyes:

9. Weed snobs are definetly annoying. I notice it a lot on this site to. The people that talk down to others in threads about how "I would never smoke brick, you should buy dank because you can find dank everywhere blah bah blah" are especially annoying because they don't seem to take into account that there are god knows how many little towns in the middle of nowhere, hours and hours away from big cities, that no, you won't find anything other than mexican brick.

Take the rare offchance in my town for example that someone does move in and start trying to sell quality. It doesn't last because it's been going on for so many years that the people here have been buying and smoking crap, they bitch and refuse to pay a little extra for the good stuff, so the guy selling eventually goes the same route as every other dealer and starts selling the same old brick everyone else has.

10. Unless that certain guy who moved in grew the dank himself.;)

11. What kinda dumbass thinks a certain strain "gets them higher" than another? :rolleyes: Tell your cousin she's a windowlicker :p I can grow some no-name bagseed better than some can grow legit SourD genetics if they don't know what they're doin. A name is simply a name, and is not ever indicative of dankness :cool:

Yeah, just you. My smoking friends send me pics of pickups and vice versa. It's not necessarily "showing off," it's sharing. Maybe it's just a difference of attitude :wave:

12. Hmm Sour D floating around your area... I got to see it cause about 85% of the dealers in Miami invent a strain name just to get people to buy it especially dime baggers.

I'm not doubtitng the quality which is probably good but I want to see it, smell it and toke it cause if it is realy sour D i wouldnt mind getting a half O and smoking a joint or 2 wit you Rose :D

13. #14 SuperMonkey26, Feb 4, 2010

Now, that really does happen. Don't get me wrong, I have smoked some great stuff since I lived here, but rarely. The people that grow keep to themselves, and every once and awhile I can get a bud off of a friend of a friend of a friend, you get the point. My main guy, who once again sells the same shit, decided to try his hand at growing this past season. He grew bagseed from the usually brick, but it came out damn good for his first grow. It was the exact same as the usual stuff. He told me next season he is ordering seeds from somewhere online and growing it. God I hope he comes through with this.

Edit: All the Sour D talk, I have smoked it once. One of my friends friends went down to California for some reason or another and brought some back with him. If you mention Sour D (or any other strain other than your stereotypical ones you see on movies and whatever) noone has a fucking clue as to what you are talking about. It's sad.

14. Yeah man, I feel for you not being able to pick up the quality, but to me a smoke is a smoke.
    whatever does the job.

That would be sick if your dude came through with seeds from a seedbank.
    Its always who you know.

15. #16 JuicyGoose, Feb 4, 2010
    She was a.) jealous or b.) pretending like she actually knew anything about pot.

Maybe a bit of both.

Idk, i don't send pictures of anything i get. I barely take pictures of illegal activites. No trails.

And I'm rather foggy, wouldn't the weed snob in this situation be you since it has a "name" and you obviously assume it's better than no name shit. I always thought a weed snob was someone who wouldn't smoke anything unless it had a strain name and never never never smoke mids.

I'm not saying you're a weed snob, cuz i'm pretty sure you're not.

16. Not sure if thats an Aphex Twin reference or just a term used in some other countries, but anyways, that is the song I toke to hahaha

17. I guess I just see it differently than others :p.

18. yea man. when my friends and stuff tell me shit like killer deals they got or how high they got off a tiny bit of bud, i usually just say thats cool. I mean i dont rain on their parade but really i dont give a shit

19. People fighting over the strength/quality of the stuff they get from dealers is hilarious, almost as funny as watching people fight over the made-up terms they use for the stuff.

I'm not a pot-snob, even though I've been an MMJ patient for almost 5 years and I've had some of the BEST Marijuana that's ever come from California. That said, if you offer me some mexican dirt weed, I'm probably going to pass, I don't need a headache.