I Hate This Billshit

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by MrSmokebigbuds, Feb 2, 2003.

1. AKA: pot, dope, grass, weed, Mary Jane, chronic, reefer, ganja, kaya, doobie

What is it?
    Marijuana is a green or gray mixture of dried, shredded flowers and leaves of the hemp plant Cannabis sativa. It can be eaten in certain foods or smoked. It is an illegal drug.

What does it do?
    The effects vary from person to person depending on how strong the marijuana is, how it's taken and whether other drugs or alcohol are involved. At first, pot can make people feel relaxed, in a good mood and even silly. Users will likely experience dry mouth, rapid heartbeat, some loss of coordination and poor sense of balance, and slower reaction times, along with intoxication. Blood vessels in the eye will expand causing the red-eye effect. NIDA
    Smoking marijuana may impair short-term memory while people are using the drug. This happens because all forms of marijuana contain THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol), the main active chemical in marijuana, which alters the way the brain works. After a few minutes, paranoia or anxiousness may set in, then intense hunger (a.k.a. the munchies). Finally, sleepiness. NCADI For some people, marijuana raises blood pressure slightly and can double the normal heart rate. This effect can be greater when other drugs are mixed with marijuana.

How have you seen marijuana affect people? Share here.

Who uses it?
    Marijuana is the most widely used illegal drug in the United States. Fewer than one in four high school seniors say they are current users. And fewer than one in five eight-graders report using the drug in the past year. Monitoring the Future, 1975-1999 What would you do if someone offered you pot? Take a trial run through our scenarios so you'll be prepared. Click here. Marijuana affects memory, judgment and perception even in the short-term, as was found in a study conducted by Pope and Yurgelun-Todd published in the Journal of the American Medical Association. It can mess you up in school, in sports or clubs, or with your friends. Several studies, including one reported a few years ago in the American Journal of Public Health, indicate that if you're high on marijuana, you are more likely to do things that could embarrass or even hurt you-such as driving under the influence or engaging in risky sexual behaviors. For athletes, THC's effect on timing, coordination, and movement-which can last for up to 24 hours-can seriously hurt performance. NCADI

Over the long term, smoking pot can cause you to lose interest in how you look and how you're getting along at school or work. NCADI It can also be much worse for your respiratory health than smoking cigarettes; the amount of tar, carbon monoxide, and cancer-causing chemicals inhaled in marijuana smoke are three to five times greater than that inhaled from the same amount of tobacco smoke. (NIDA Infofax)

It's important also to remember that marijuana is an addictive drug, responsible for about 60% of all the teenagers who seek admission to drug treatment centers in the U.S. It affects the same pleasure centers in the brain that are activated by cocaine, heroin, and alcohol (Di Chiara's study-in NIDA information?). Research at the University of Columbia demonstrates that people who regularly smoke marijuana experience withdrawal symptoms after they stop using it. (NIDA notes:)

source:http://www.freevibe.com/mj/lowdown.shtml

2. It was an accurate document till the last couple of paragraphs. It went to shit then..

3. ummmmm......yuuup!

4. Since I work construction, I care more about being comfortable while working than my looks!

I do love my work. So they are wrong again.

As being addicted, some people get addicted to sugar, caffene and other not ever talked about substances!

I smoke when I want and only when I want!

5. i know me to...well i dont work in construction but u get what iam saying

6. how is there tar in marijuana? that article was so stupid, I felt some of my brain cells die

7. yea go to that site and u can tell them what u think about it i replyed to and and it was a very long and covered about every lie that they told i copyed it but i lost it sorry

8. this piss's me off more

wantintoknow -- If you smoked weed for a long period of time, what affect is there going to be? and if you really wanted to quit is there a easy way?
    If you quit, and no it won't be easy, the long term effects you

may experience are memory loss and impairment of learning skills (should subside after a while, but may not), chronic cough, bronchitis, and/or emphysema, and susceptibility to cancers of the head, neck, and lungs. If you'd like help in quitting you can call 1-800-729-6686 for a referral to a treatment center near you. Freevibe

9. that 60% of rehab people don't seek help, they are forced into it by parents, cops, etc. and probably start smoking dubers anew the day they get out

10. yeah, rehab centers are treating an arrest, not an addiction

11. People who go to rehab usually just do it to satisfy some one elses wishes!

12. heres is my other thing that i smited to freevibe

well....i would first off like to say that i am really dissapoid in that u did not put up my last entry...and 2ed i really dont like the way that u are going about lieing to kids on how weed can inpard ur jugmet sooooo much that u would a let some one have sex wiht u.. b hit some one on a bike...c pont a gun at some one and pull the triger. i think and that all weed gos to terrost. i think that u shuld stop lieing to the kids and just tell them that weed is harmliss but it does have some side effecs with ur lungs and such....and there are +'s to smokeing weed if..if it was soooo bad then why would some Doctors give it to patiest..if u can tell me y its soo harm full but still safe enuff for dortors to give it to some patiest or even conster it as a form of med....and yet agane i do think that u will not put this up cuz u are scard...scard that the real truth will get out there to stop ppl from voteing to make it ligel...peaceing that i smited to the free vibe ppl

13. Were you lit when you wrote that?

14. Yea, you should always be very proper when talking to the establishment about it's wrong doings.. Otherwise they blow you off as evidence to their cause.

15. may be just a little bit....

16. haha, its always good to have some fun.

17. i say fuck them up their fucking asses

18. too bad.......................only sativa gets you high..........

guess I'll have to throw this old indica crap out.:(

19. throw it my way;)

20. i haven't cared how i look for as long as i can remember, which spans a good decade and a half although the earliest five years are a little tricky and i only get bits and peices, but shit, i was four. i guess it might have a slight effect on balance, but i manage to walk pretty straight unless i am so far gone i shouldn't be doing anything, and i have to mix it w/ alcohol to do that. i have been walking over logs that have fallen over a river get nice and toasty and have to go back the way i came, kinda risky in the snow but oh well. i am about to tell you my withdrawl symptoms:
    my head clears a little bit,
    my breathing clears a little,
    thats it.