I hate texting, especially on iPhones

Discussion in 'General' started by Thejourney318, Jan 25, 2014.

1. #1 Thejourney318, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
    I used to be a big fan, but I'm realizing now that in some ways I hate texting, and everything that goes along with it. I most especially despite the iMessage system on the iPhone's. I just don't like the idea that someone can just decide that they want something or want you to respond about something, and then you just have to. Idk, sometimes I honestly just don't feel like fucking talking to anyone or doing anything. I don't feel like thinking up something to say, or some reason why I can't do something.

With the way technology is, it's kinda like interact with them or else have it seem like you're ignoring them. And in many cases I have basically ignored people, but it's not anything personal. I honestly just sometimes like to be in solitude and not have to deal with people. iMessaging is the worst, where it actually says when a text message has been read, so the person will really know you're ignoring them. I just found out you can shut that setting off, but I think I may have just fucked myself over with it right before. A text about going out and doing something, and I just don't feel like it, and I don't feel like coming up with a reason/excuse. That's just how I am sometimes, and the way technology is often makes it seem like some kinda personal thing that you're ignoring them and whatever goes along with that. Anyone with me?

I mean, I obviously like the technology itself, and it can be incredibly useful. It's moreso...what I describe in the thread...a more general problem with our communication technologies and attitudes I guess.

you just dont have enough #swag to say fuck u to your friends

grow some balls

3. Be happy people want to hang out with you?

Sent from my LG-P659 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #4 Thejourney318, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
    I'm a person who has a sort of need for aloneness. I like people too, and interacting with them, but I just have this need to be alone sometimes. Which actually I have had an over-abundance of that for quite a while, for the most part, since moving across the country after high school. Nonetheless, there are just sometimes where I do not feel like interacting with people.

5. [quote name="Thejourney318" post="19402456" timestamp="1390626900"]I used to be a big fan, but I'm realizing now that in some ways I hate texting, and everything that goes along with it. I most especially despite the iMessage system on the iPhone's. I just don't like the idea that someone can just decide that they want something or want you to respond about something, and then you just have to. Idk, sometimes I honestly just don't feel like fucking talking to anyone or doing anything. I don't feel like thinking up something to say, or some reason why I can't do something.With the way technology is, it's kinda like interact with them or else have it seem like you're ignoring them. And in many cases I have basically ignored people, but it's not anything personal. I honestly just sometimes like to be in solitude and not have to deal with people. iMessaging is the worst, where it actually says when a text message has been read, so the person will really know you're ignoring them. I just found out you can shut that setting off, but I think I may have just fucked myself over with it right before. A text about going out and doing something, and I just don't feel like it, and I don't feel like coming up with a reason/excuse. That's just how I am sometimes, and the way technology is often makes it seem like some kinda personal thing that you're ignoring them and whatever goes along with that. Anyone with me? I mean, I obviously like the technology itself, and it can be incredibly useful. It's moreso...what I describe in the thread...a more general problem with our communication technologies and attitudes I guess.[/quote]Settings - iMessage - Read reciepts OFFsent from underneath my balls

6. Yeah that features gotta suck, I sometimes wait a while to respond back. Not to be an ass or anything, it's mostly either because I'm in the middle of something or it's not super important and doesn't need to be responded to immediatelySent from my SGH-T889 using Grasscity Forum mobile app