I hate people.

Discussion in 'General' started by iSPARK, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Some kid hung himself in the woods near the back of my house today and everyone is freaking out in my town. All of a sudden everyone was his best friend and he was so loved in the community. I hate people. Everyone just wants to feel sorry for themselves and act as if they were the ones that were hurt in the loss of another human being when they, in reality barely knew the kid.

And I feel like this happens every time someone dies, I've seen it happen like 2 other times too. Shit's annoying. Everyone's always subconsciously thinking about how something effects them and never takes a step back to feel for the people that really were impacted.

/rant

2. This is always what happens when somebody dies.

People take a heartbreaking story and make it about themselves. Fucking pigs.

3. Shit.

Exactly how it was with Luke/WTS

Before he decided to hang himself, he was viewed by the majority of our peers as a stoner, with a weird 'hop' to his step, anti-social, but very smart. Very few real friends.

Then, this happens and the whole school is in tears, and all the kids that talked shit about him behind his back show up at his memorial. Stupid bitch I used to like calls me on the phone, wailing, screaming: I heard you did it too, don't do anything stupid Mark! I was pissed about the whole situation... my mom was like "People are worried about you since you're so close to Luke"...

FUCK WORRYING ABOUT ME; guy's just gone and killed himself not because of drugs, but because of all of you, and the facade y'all hide behind. Extreme loneliness on an existential level with no hope for a brighter future.

As much as I miss him, his suicide changed me. Dare I say, for the better? A major life lesson, learned the hardest way.

I hope this guy rests well, OP. Was it close enough to your house that people were going there and crowding around and shit?

4. who is luke/wts? was it a GC member?

5. what pisses me off about that shit is if they showed that love before it probably never would have happened.

6. Wish I could rep you... That was the deepest thing I've ever read on here.

7. Aye, he was a good man indeed. It pains my hart.

8. I've witnessed this phenomenon a few times as well. I agree, it fucking sucks. :(

Bitches are such whores.

9. Though it would seem disrespectful I would call these people out on their manufactured emotions

10. “I wish I loved the human Race, I wish I loved its silly face, and when I'm introduced to one, I wish I thought "what jolly fun"!”
    ― Walter Raleigh

11. it's like suicide is a celebration or something..

12. I had a close friend take his life January 6, 2012. My wifes sister is the kind of person who makes everything about her, like she knew him, posting all kinds of stuff on Facebook about his memory and it just rubbed the wrong way. but that is also because i deal with stuff my own way and having my personal life on the web was wrong imo.

I learned though pple deal with stuff different and some pple think their action in the PC thing to do. just everyone thinks and acts different.

13. damn man, i remember chattin with him on occasion way back when..hes a cool cat for real. thats what trips me out about this place, is you can get to know people better here, than some of the people in real life..

but word theres a difference between showing respect for the person who passed, and just trying to make people feel sorry for you instead. people be fucked.

14. I envy people that do that...Get all emotional over someone they hardly knew.

Death is just a grey zone for me, regardless of how close I was to them...I just don't have the right emotional response and feel out of place, nothing but a grey zone for me. Sucks, to be honest.

15. I don't know exactly where it happened but I think it was, they had the main entrance into the woods taped off so no one would go in but there were people standing outside the tape trying to figure out what happened. Mainly so they can go back home and tell everyone on facebook how they know what happened blah blah blah. People always trying to be the first to know something.