I hate Nickelback

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by stoner79, Nov 6, 2006.

1. ARG.....
    I was at work yesterday and somehow me and my fellow workers starting talking about music. I mentioned that Nickelback sucks becasue of their lack of musical talent, repetitiveness, simple lyrics, how you hear them every 15 minutes on the radio, etc. They went off on me, they were like "Nickelback and Hinder kick ass man, you are a moron". I told them if they want to hear real canadian music, listen to some Rush.
    "What the fuck is Rush, man?". "They play Nickelback on the radio all the time cuz they're awesome". Seriously, they went off on me. Then they tried telling me half of all Tool's songs sound the same.

Some people have no taste in Music whatsoever, if it is on the radio, they like it.

2. Rush are living legends in canada, they actually said... whos rush..? anyway Rush and tool are shitting on nickelback, and all that crap IMO. :D i do not like nickleback.

haha your signature is so funny

3. I personally don't like them, but they are musicians and they do have talent. If you don't like the radio, switch the station mate. People like them still, so it's a matter of opinion.
    Then again, they do suck, but, that's my opinion.

4. man im from texas and i know who rush is, fuck yeah... and fuck nickelback and FUCK hinder.... amen brothaaaaa

5. There is no comparison. its like comparing Oranges(rush) to rasins(nickleback).

im sorry, but rush is amazing. and i can name songs i like from rush, but i dont know 1 song by nickleback. at all.

oooh that brought back memories let me tell you. Guitar teacher, telling me how canada was before be dipped out and moved to canada. said, "rush are living legends in canada man, there like canadas led zeppelin" he was a cool ass guy.:smoking: anyway

my main point is who cares what music they argue and fight for, just let them man.

to each is own. or whatev. :) peace man

6. I know the exact frustration you feel.

Hinder, Cold, Nickelback, Three Days Grace, Crossfade.

They might as well all be the exact same band and they might as well all die in a plane crash.

YAYYYYYYY 420TH POST.

7. I saw Crossfade live with Seether and Dark New Day... The Seether show was cool, but Crossfades singer was pathetically tanked... it was so funny to watch.

Mweh, I'm done judging music, all I'll ever say anymore is; "Simple things amuse simple minds."

Oh, and Rush kicks ass... but I wouldn't call them Canada's Led Zeppelin. I don't mean it in a negative way, just that bands of that calibur (well particularly Zeppelin) shouldn't be bound by where they're from, they're for the world to enjoy. I don't like thinking about them coming from any one place (Aside from Black Sabbath. You take the Birmingham out of Sabbath... and you aint got shit) because the music that influenced them is from all around the world, ya know?

8. I bilieve you took what i said wrong, i basically mean that rush are living legends in canada. :) and i agree with what you said about influences! :)

9. Nah man I got what ya said, I realized half way through what I was writing was kind of bonk, but I just couldn't get out what I wanted to say in words really o_O

I've been to Canada. I've met Rush fans.... in Canada. I know what ya mean ;)

10. did you ever check out Finger Eleven???

11. nickelback?! are you F'in kiddin' me..........

them and creed both suck rectum..... my friend listens to tasteless rap...(talk about unoriginal and cliche...rap music, pfft ) he happens to like creed for some reason

id choose either of those bands over rap music anyday....rap is basically a broken record now.....

nickelback though......damn.....everysong is the same damn thing....gets old....same with creed.....they both lack any amount of creativeness whatsoever. i wouldnt take their entire collection for free....(well honestly i have it already i think.....but thats only because im a CD buff)

rush is great...not the best and by far not = to led but great..... have all/most of their albums too and i can say they are used a bit more than creed is. (id guess i havent even unwrapped them yet)

lips of an angel WAS a good song till i heard it 5097097970 times.

crossfade has a few good songs i dont mind (but borderline boring) they were in town 4 nites or so ago. i dont know the band "cold" i thought i was a crossfade song...

12. ooh god, i hate nickelback.

^^^above post
    but i hate, even more, when people generalize a genre of music. don't hate on rap, there's some good rap out there, and there's some shitty rap. like any other type of music.

floydian couldn't have said it better, simple things amuse simple minds.

someone comparing rush to nickelback is like comparing flame dank from the med club to the bricks the feds found in the mexican tunnels.

and i'll close with a quote from the great nickelback

screaming no aint never gonna quit aint nothing wrong with it, just acting like we're animals ANIMALS NO no matter where we go cuz everybody knows were just a couple animals ANIMALS

wow, i just vomited

13. Creeds guitarist is a lot better than what the confines of Creed allowed him.

14. nickelback is funny. I like the guys. not so much the music. in an interview, Chad Kroger said "Nickleback does not suck. Nickleback has sold 4 million records. We do not suck. You may not like us, but Nickelback does not suck."

haha i thought that was pretty funny. Hoping to follow in their footsteps pretty soon. The band should have a demo recorded by new years.

15. Good luck with yer demo mate :p

I love how artists think 4 million records is a lot now.

*Cough DSotM cough...* *Cough 40 million copies of one single album cough... cough...*

Man, this weed should have been cured better...

16. that is true, Tremonti is good on the axe, but as we all agree, the band can eat fuck.

17. Well yeah,Nickelback sucks.
    Rush is one of the greatest bands to ever grace this earth,period.

18. Sure, their music isnt the greatest. But they are some major pit heads man. And, if I remember correctly they contribute a lot to pro-pot organizations.

19. i think plenty of people will tell you that they dont like specific genres of music.......not just me.....i hear constantly people saying they hate country or what have you....so yeah.....what?.....you know what that means? it means they dont like the damn country guitar and the way everyone makes their voice sound the same.....maybe they dont like fiddle players or who knows.....maybe they say they hate country/rap/blues/rock because they dont care for the certain things that each style incorporates into their music.......make sense? yes...it does.. so to tell someone that they are simple minded because they hate or dont prefer an entire genre of music simple minded itself.....thats like you saying you hate ALL polka music because you dont like the beats or the accordian in it.....all polka music shares similarities....if you dont like em' your not simple minded your just not a polka fan.......

rap is no good to me for the most part.....and thousands upon thousands will agree......

yeah there is SOME good rap from 10 years ago.....anything else i personally think is a copy of the songs before it.

do you really want to listen to 101 different ways someone can talk about: syzrp,gettin hos,gang fights,collectin my paper's yall.....nah...atleast not me.....gets old after awhile..

if you really feel strong about it take up a poll i think youd be suprised how it turns out

anyways, im off to smoke....time to get high....everyone else should do the same!!!!!

20. hope you don't let it get to you. the mere fact that they don't know who rush is shows that they don't actually have any interest in music, and instead swallow all the shit they are force fed. also, this doesn't ever end.

this can be debated, but i cannot call someone a musician simply because they can master basic music skills, nor can i call that talent. i have heard too much incredible music to acknowledge such bands as nickelback as having any redeeming musical qualities.