I hate my job.

Discussion in 'General' started by MariaJuana92, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Really, I do. It drains the life out of me. I am so miserable.
    I wish I had the courage to fuck it, buck it, and live wild and free.
    Or at the very least, I wish that there were more places hiring in my area.
    I cannot stress how stressful it is, or how unhappy I am with it.
    I just wanna get out of this place, and onto something better.

why it sucks? i can't even begin to explain. and sorry if this pisses the unemployed people off, but really, you can HAVE my job if you want it. you wouldn't.

I'm a glorified ass wiper. I break my back to help people do what their bodies no longer let them. And that's not a big deal. I love helping people, that's why I got into this field in the first place. But my boss and my coworkers do not respect me. I am constantly fighting to keep my free time, because times are tough, staff is short, and I am never-ending harassed about working extra hours. Then shamed if I say no. And there's much more. but I am too tired to even get started about how they violated my confidentiality and shit. I've just had it. so many times I want to just quit.

9.65 an hour to do the work that people who make more than me REFUSE to do...yeah, fuck that. fuck being disrespected, unappreciated, and violated.

My apartment looks like a terrible bachelor pad. And I'll admit, I am a messy unorganized person. However, I would never let it get this bad if it weren't for the fact that I am working crazy hours, and sleeping when able. And nothing else. I have my life outside my job except a few lucky hours on the internet. FUCK THIS....
    /rant for real

2. Sounds like you're a CNA.

3. Wat exactly do u do?

4. The thing is, you don't have a choice. I got angry at my job, and blamed other stuff, but who can YOU really blame. I'm not trying to be a dick or hate on you, that's not it. I've just been there.

5. my mom has two jobs and does the same thing for 15 years, and she's foreign so I don't know how she gets along with her co-workers I guess she just ignores peoples bullshit and does what she has to do.

6. well work isnt fun, its called work for a reason. If u hate ur job go hand out resumes or go to collage. u gotta change it for yourself no one else is gunna make a difference

7. You've got to keep your thoughts more constructive, I understand a good rant to get it out and just vent, but honestly there is no reason as to why this is making you unhappy with your entire life. It's just a job, it's not you. Yes, it controls the constraints in your life, but it's your mindset on you, and how you take care of yourself, and how you accept the current moment for what it is and just know that years from now this will all be some random distant memory of a past.

8. what job do you do?

9. #9 8ight, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2013
    You complained about your job here at least once before... noone wants to hear you bitch about it. Sorry, but work isn't always fun. Suck it up or do something about it.

I've worked countless 12 hour shifts. I work in a hazardous environment (I literally get paid more because the working conditions are unhealthy). I can't count how many times I've done my job as well as several other peoples' jobs (and I don't get paid more for that). I also spend 2 hours a day just driving to/from work. I've got burn marks all over my arms from my job. I've even had sulfuric acid splashed in my face...

Yet I don't complain (that^ was just for the sake of comparison). This is the field I want to work in, and I started from the bottom. I've spend years here and have slowly moved into better positions. I also go to school part time (which helps in moving up the "ladder"). So like I said, either do something about it... or suck it up. Work's work.

10. I love this fucking place. GC you warm my heart.

11. Try being a shop bitch as a first year apprentice in an cnc shop I get piled with work I have the opportunity to work 7 days a week but they don't ride me if I refuse extra time

12. I wash dishes clean toilettes and any other bitch work they need me to do, my coworkers always leave me with there work to do and I only get $8.00 an hour, if im lucky the cooks will make me do there job and prep work. and even then its still someone elses work

13. #14 The3amJunkie, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2013
    I manage a place like where you work at and it can for sure be rough, places that I know of are usually tough to work at around here. Strict corporate rules, I have 3 other full time employees that I schedule. Try and find another place there are tons of them out there and not all of them have dick staff.

I make $14/hour and I get to sleep all night and I don't even have a CNA or anything like that. Pretty lucky to have this job.This job also lets me have another almost full time job as a network admin at a pretty decent size company.

I am sure there are better ones around, just don't quit until you know you have another job then give your two weeks. Try not to burn bridge either because usually you get paid more if you have experience, you want to put this job on your app/resume.

14. OP makes more threads than a sweatshop.

15. be happy you have a job... :/

16. Just don't focus on the negative and use your anger as fuel to change the game around to your advantage. That's it.
    Even bad lessons are good lessons. Make it your goal to get to the next rung in the ladder as fast as you can, so you can implement change within your CURRENT job and boost the morals of those that step into your old job...that's how you make a difference and gather the pieces of respect that you come upon in the process.

17. yeah i totally need to remember that it can get better

18. I was in this position when I was younger. Actually, I believe a lot of people feel disrespected and abused of at an entry level position.

I never complained; I would swallow my pride and march on. I owned a home and was married so I felt as though quitting was not an option. One day I woke up and I literally just took the leap. I didn't go into work and I began my new life. I burned that bridge because i wasn't going to accept failure and I never wanted to return to the same position; at this point there was no going back. I rented out my home and packed up my wife. I spoke to my father (we don't get along very much) and told him I didn't care if he didn't want me there I was going to live there while I attended school. I don't know if he saw the determination in my eyes or if my bold actions moved him, but he simply said "OK"

I attend school for four years and graduated with my bachelors. It was tough and kind of weird living with my wife and my dad at the same time, yet I prevailed.

You must take the leap if you wish to improve your life. Good luck my friend.

19. You can take positives out of any situation in life my friend. You're working hard and need a break, that's a fact. I feel ya. But negative thinking in any situation isn't helping in the least. Quite the opposite.

Your wiping asses right now? You know, being unemployed at the moment, I'd fucking LOVE that job. I'd take that in a second right now. You got something millions of Americans are dying to get, a job.

Also never EVER let someone make you feel ashamed because of what you want to do, in your case, them being ashamed of you not taking extra hours. You're busting your ass. You need a damn rest. Never let them make you feel bad about that.

And I have nothing but respect for you after that post. Because you said you want to help people in life. That's all I want to do too. Little by little you are making the world better. As am I. As well as others. Mad respect.

I live by happiness=success. So if I can be happy, help people AND make others happy, that's triple the success right there.

Keep ya head up. Other jobs will come as well. It's just a matter of time. Respect.

'Too blessed to be stressed'