I hate my fucking job !

Discussion in 'General' started by Smokey_McPott, Apr 25, 2007.

1. To start this off, I work at the Xbox 360 call center.

Today starts off pretty good wake up, do my thing Blaze listen to some System and some Beastie Boys before work. I get to work, Sit at my desk and I cannot sign into my phone, I talk to a supervisor and he says that I have not been trained on how to use the computer and the phones, But I did that three days previous. Anyways I sign onto the phones after alittle bit of an argument with the boss and they put Me in the Universal Que (that means Taking Xbox live calls, Billing calls, Connection calls and everything else) I am only trained in hardware and they throw me into this bullshit que. I am talking to people trying to help them take down firewall ports in routers make sure there internet connection is Valid, Mac Spoofs everything , Then theres the billing calls and thats fucking credit card shit, I don't want to be responsible if I make a mistake What the FUCk. Anyways I got and talk to my supervisor and he wont change me back. There is nothing that they can do.

To make it a little worse my boss came up to me to days before and says bring down your call times or there will be disciplinary actions.

What do I do ?

Sorry for the long read, and the venting.

2. I think I am just going to sign a Sick sheet for "stress" I really hate my boss and want to piss him off. This is my Friday too, I get Wed and Thurs off. (we are really busy too lol)

3. dude, if your serious about keeping this job then DO NOT CALL OUT! Employers HATE that. Expecialy for something like stress. If your not bleeding, puking, or shitting, then your fine to work.

My advise would be to go to your boss and dont wine or anything like that. Just say " Im really not trained on this subject and i dont want to make a mistake and cause the company harm. What can you do for me? Or what can i do for myself?"

Or you could just find a new job lol I just did and im LOVING my new job. Its like 100 times better than my old one and it wasnt even that hard to find. Just apply yourself and things will work out.

Good luck,

-Geo

4. I can't get fired for going home sick, And Dude I have tried everything I have went up to them and said almost exactly what you have typed and they said "try your best"

5. Yeah they can fire you for going home early lol They can fire you for Anything they want too. Sure you CAN take legal action or some shit like that, but really do you have the time/ money to afford that?

And if they say "Try your best" then try your best. Thats like a get outta jail free card for fuckin up. If you mess something up, just say " I wasnt trained in this and they told me just to 'try my best' so i did." Nothing they can do about that.

6. Totally Understand what your saying, You kinda made my dad go alittle better now by putting it that way. But we have 10 sick days a year we can use, If they want to fire me for going home sick i could shut this place down. They have 4 Employee's that are under the age of 18 handling credit card numbers. and thats illegal.

7. I used to work at Verizon doing the call center crap your doing, it would have been one of the best jobs I ever had but my supervisor was a cunt, I was making great cash for being 18 I was making 13 an hour.

In the end I think the job wasn't worth it because of the stress, if a jobs to stressful quit, or if you don't care about your resume slack off all day till they get rid of ya.

You get alot of angry people calling? I loved going into Verizon high and putting my mic on mute listening to people rant at me over something ridiculous that 50% of the time ended up being them doing something stupid.

I hate my current job too can't wait to quit.

Good luck man.

8. when ever im training for a new job I always mess up a little bit on purpose to see how far I can push the boss. Its good to know your limits.

9. hey 360 service guy, where do i send my xbox when i get the three rings of death? it's under warranty i think.

10. Get a new one Bro. Late

11. You mean when the green ring blinks red? How does that happen?

12. you get it when you have hardware issues. i left mine untouched for a few months and when i booted it up i got the rings of death.. :p