I hate living in the city

Discussion in 'General' started by stevegrass2, May 10, 2012.

1. #1 stevegrass2, May 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2012
    You know what sucks? Living in the suburbs for 19 years and then suddenly being yanked into a city environment. You know what sucks even more? Being yanked into that city environment because you're still living with your parents and they decided to move.

Here's my story: I graduated from high school with shitty grades so I had no choice but go to my local community college. Of course, like so many suburban kids, I ended up falling into the trap of fucking up my first semester, but luckily I had friends, weed, and my confidence to keep me from stressing over my fuck up too much. Unfortunately, thanks to my shitty communication with my parents, I completely forgot to take note of the fact that they were at retiring age and wanted to move out of the suburbs as soon as possible. So when I start getting serious about college again, they dropped the moving bombshell on me. Of course, they had every perfectly good reason to want to move (they needed to retire at some point), but now I'm in a deep depression from the relocation. Yes, I am only a hour or two from my suburban community, but it sticks. I hate the city environment and the new comm college I have to attend is horrible (not to sound racist, but it is filled with urban black youth. I am already socially awkward enough and only have a suburban mentality so I know I will be eaten alive if I attend this new comm college)

Well, life sucks. I could of had better communication with my parents and convinced them to give me more time or actually done something to get out of their house, but now I'm in this situation. Life is unfair, but I never really do anything until its too late to prevent these shitty situations for myself. Sorry, just had to vent. How do you guys feel about living in the city?

2. I never lived in the city. I live in the suburbs of Cincinnati. But I would actually like to live downtown at some point in my life. I do know friends that live down there say its kind of a pain though. They get their cars broken into every once in awhile I guess. But I would def like to experience it old for a couple years or something.

3. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQM00K24qG8]"I Love Livin' In The City" - Fear - YouTube[/ame]

4. I live in a suburb by LA and i would love to be in the city, suburbs get boring

5. /\/\/\/\/\ Nice!

6. Shut up, get a job, stop smoking weed, fucks friends, stop grasscity. Then when u are succesful come back to grasscity and tell us how successful you are. /thread

7. I agree the suburbs are boring as shit, but my life was still there...ok not anymore since I moved. Meh.

Plus I love a suburban home over a city townhouse. Having a yard and all that is great.

8. I used to live in rural/suburban Montgomery County in MD and moved to Baltimore for college. For 4 years I've been living off of my parent's $$ in an apartment with my bf right outside the city. It's not too bad since I'm not really inside the city, but being an hour away from old friends does suck.

If you're getting serious about college again, ask your parents to foot the bill for a place at your old school. If they don't have the money because they're retiring, get a loan. Then you'll have to be serious about college..

9. Oh boy. I was waiting for the stereotypical internet asshole to come in here and start bitching about the fact I was venting about a problem in my life. Trust me dude, I've been on the internet long enough to not be fazed by your internet asshole antics. STFU and stay out of the thread.

10. [quote name='"DEA"']Shut up, get a job, stop smoking weed, fucks friends, stop grasscity. Then when u are succesful come back to grasscity and tell us how successful you are. /thread[/quote]

Yeah if you are failing school and not doing well you just need to focus on getting your shit together and then when u are succesful you can kick back with a tall cup of lemonade and a bong hit to the face (although you dont have to stop going to the city, no harm in that)

11. I guess to each their own...but weed generally made my grades improve. If I needed to go to lecture and didn't want to, I would smoke a bowl and drag my ass to the car. If I needed to study I would toke up and hit the books. Perfect strategy.

12. I live in the middle of nowhere and love it.

And why would your parents want to retire and move to the city?! Not the ideal retirement location imo.

13. Thank you for not being an asshole about it. And yes, I know I need to get my shit straight. While I am depressed about the relocation, this relocation is a great motivator to get me serious about college.

I feel you there. A few months back when I was still living in the suburbs (completely ignorant of the move too), I was taking two classes at the comm college. Yeah, its nothing, but I had a great routine of blazing up before class and then showing up high and motivated.

14. My thoughts. My parent's wanted to move from the country to even further in the country when they retired, lol.

15. I was asking the same thing. It was one of the reasons it made this move so hard for me to come to terms with since I was so used to seeing people retire to either A) the suburbs or B) the country. Plus there are so many people in my neighborhood who are at retiring age, but show no intention of ever moving out.

But at the same time, I do know why my dad (I say my dad since this move was pretty much his idea) moved to the city. At different times of his childhood, he lived in the city and also every single of my relatives either live in A) the city or B) bumfuck, nowhere. If anything my family was odd because we were the only ones living a suburban lifestyle.

16. Why would you hate the city man? cities represent life itself, you got everything you need, theres TONS of women, probably cheaper and better weed, etc.
    I have always lived in a BIG city, and now moved to a town, and it SUCKS, it is outside London, i wish i could move to London tho, man....nothin like livin in the city, trust me.

17. What city is it? chances are there will be good times to be had there just dont act like such a pussy. Like when you said you were going to be "eaten alive" at your new school. With that attitude you will be eaten alive. You just have to stand up for yourself around these new people

18. I knew 100% someone'd get the FEAR song on before me.:p

19. Hmmm...living with Ma and Pa, getting shitty grades, smoking weed and feeling unhappy life hasn't handed you exactly what you want. Tragic, man, just tragic. You need to hang around here more, stay blazed, and just wait for things to get better.

20. hahahaha "urban black youth"