i HATE living in the city.

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by nolastnamex, Feb 21, 2012.

1. i can't stand it. i grew up in a some what small town... if you wanted to get away from the problems of the city just drive 30 minutes east and you'll be in a super laid back, hardly developed part of the state. it was awesome.

there was scenery, the beach, everything was cool. but now i live in another state and living in the city is horrid. nothing but the sound of the subway, people yelling, cars honking etc.... EVERY WHERE I LOOK ITS RUN DOWN CEMENT. Also, we all know you can't do anything for fun in the city unless you have money which i don't have. this is seriously depressing as fuck since i cant do anything in the city, but i can't leave and find a beautiful area of scenery away from everything.

any suggestions on what i can do? I'm desperate. what do you guys do?

2. I'm in the same boat my man. Grew up in the heart of woodland suburbia and now go to school in Philadelphia. I miss hikes and longboarding to main street more than anything. My suggestions are buy a bike and just ride or take up parkour / exploring.

This may sound dumb but scale some buildings and find some beautiful views. I went over to city hall and found a building with those fire escape ladders all the way up. climbed to the roof and found the most amazing view in the center of the city. just explore like you would in the wilderness. concrete jungle my friend.

3. concrete jungle indeed....^^

4. I couldn't bear to be surrounded by all that synthetic stone either, man.

Don't get me wrong, the city has a lot to offer. However, I'd much rather live out in the country semi close to a big(ish) city. You can't beat the freedom and peace.

5. Create &/or find a retreat. When I first moved into my house I bought a huge amount of plants and speakers and arranged them all over my attic. My house's roof is made up of iron and glass... kind of like a greenhouse. It's now my bedroom. I honestly forget that I live in a crude city when I'm in my bedroom now.

6. I thought you lived in like new York or some shit but then I saw your location says northern California, your not tryin hard enough man.

7. Or did you just leave California? If so I'm sorry man that blows