I hate being in a hospital

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Headhunterpipes, Mar 9, 2019.

1. My complaints .
    Ya if not getting creamer for my coffee is the worst thing I have to worry about then I am doing great ...
    I can get up and use the rest room so I dont have to worry about getting my pee bottle rinsed out..

My blood sugars are running hi
    I am still trying get my dosages bumped up 2 more units .
    Acute care is tons better then the long term care unit (CLC ) .
    I talked with my surgeon , we seem to have no issues with making logical decisions and future plans .
    I will be released next Monday . That gives me 4 more days of iv antibiotics .

2. The ability to get up for the bathroom is under-rated. Using a bedpan to shit in is an experience, eh? I had a patient take a shit in an emesis basin, that's that kidney shaped little pan meant to catch puke. I couldn't believe my eyes when I walked into the room and saw that on his bedside table. Speaking of IV antibiotics, tell your doc you need some Thundermycin and Gogzillacillin. That'll fix you right up.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. If you have ever been unable to take care of your own body functions like taking a dump, without assistance.... the discomfort, frustration, pain and humiliation is hard to explain.. of course no one really wants to help...who would. Only someone with great compassion and patience. So glad you are improving ... hoping the best for you!

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. So far I have been able to use the toilet.
    But that statement is easier said then done
    Straight up I am a little on spoiled side

• Like Like x 2
  5. I like that you call yourself spoiled... lol...shows that you have perspective....That’s pretty amazing!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. I understand. I had both knees replaced at the same time and had some mild complications, enough so that I did have to shit in a bedpan one time. When I had to wipe with my left hand was when I had my right shoulder replaced. What a time in which to live, eh? 50 years ago I'd be in a wheelchair but I get around normally and without pain. Thank goodness for artificial joints. Who knows, in another 50 years our ability to implant artificial joints may be lost. I picked the perfect time in history to live my life comfortably.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. So far I have been able to use the toilet.
    But that statement is easier said then done
    Straight up I am a little on spoiled side.
    Hospital food
    Order out food
    Spoiled
    I had friends down visiting me .
    I think this puts me in the category of spoiled. 20190331_145008.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. Wooooooo.. steak and lobster? Now I’m jealous. Enjoy, you deserve it !

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Here is one for you all
    I have a.male nurse from Trinidad,
    He is black and he is 6 ft. 8 Inches tall and about as nice as nice e can be.
    My friend brought me steak and lobster today .
    Hey I have never had steak and lobster before in a hospital before so I took a photo of my plate before I ate it .
    So I am telling this nurse what I had for supper
    But some how this nurse thought the steak and lobster came from the hospital kitchen .
    And he said wow the hospital food is getting better .
    I told him fuck no that's not hospital food
    But he actually thought that food came the hospital kitchen
    It was funnier then hell.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Omg when I was in the hospital one time I had a nurse that i i thought was hot. So I'd have to help me with a lot of stuff. But when she found out I was a lesbian she knew what I was doing. So she told me that I was very intelligent but I was passive aggressive and rude assuming she didn't do this often. Her name was Nancy. She was about 5'5, red haired and has these deep dark blue almost purple eyes. I found out her birthday was April 11, so that made her an Aries. I also had her take a Myer Briggs and she was a ISTP.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I can see how an ISTP would make a good nurse. How did she find out you were lesbian? I'd guess you're fairly obvious.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. I'm obvious and my mother called and asked to speak to her lesbian daughter Anni.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. #73 Robinthecook, Apr 1, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    Wierd nursing stories...I spent 2 months in rehab with a spiral fractured femur. My assigned day nurse was from Haiti and something about her did not seem “right” immediately. Anyone who knows me well would say that I am a sensitive ... I have a nose for both positive and negative energies. I sometimes feel other people’s pain. Okay I’m weird, but this is an inheritance..lol.

So first night out of the hospital and in the rehab, I had strange and frightening dreams. Well, new environment, lots of changes.. I wrote it off. So now the nightmares are progressing, In the dreams I was being pursued by demons. So I called my son in law one evening (an associate minister) to come and bless my room. He came armed with holy water, salt and anointing oil. Blessed and cleared my room and anointed me. Did this all quietly without telling anyone. Now I am not especially religious, but this was what needed doing. That night... I had quiet refreshing sleep and no nightmare creatures.

The next morning my nurse comes to the door, but does not come into my room. I had the feeling that she couldn’t come in and says she is going to get me a new nurse. I later found out that she was active in a questionable “church” that was labeled by some as voodoo.

So, a wierd tale with the reminder to never forget how vulnerable we are when our bodies are weak, important to remain spiritually and emotionally strong. So glad you have the support of friends. Have a laugh at my expense...

• Like Like x 4
  14. SKIP?

15. I also spiral fractured my leg. Spun my foot 180*, good times. Better times were trying to shit AND keep the fracture above heart level or it would fucking pound / throb. Like crapper gymnastics. Oh, i was awake when they set it. Fuck. Me.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Wow, I can relate. I wanted to give up eating. The food was so bad, hardly seemed worth it .. lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Well I am out of the hospital again , this time on antibiotics , free from the chains of the VA hospitals federal rules and regs .
    What a great feeling , smoking my own grow amnesia haze. sitting in my own home .
    Hopefully I will not get another infection , I am scared of that ……….
    Anyway I am watching all my blood sugar levels closely and my vitals .

Overall I had super great support from my friends , humbling speaking even from a few who I would never thought friends / people who really cared .
    Had more then one friends who really stepped up to the plate and helped me out like you never seen before least not in my life time.
    Had a couple of nurses who went beyond what one would expect.
    I am so happy that this time I was up and walking with in minutes of the surgery .
    it doesn't hurt like it looks,which who can complain about that,, I am self concise of the cut marks in my lower body , but I do have my legs ,
    Not really out to impress the girls either , at my age its kind of like I am just happy to be alive and still kicking .
    But you never shut off the chance in life to meeting someone special .

I miss my doggie something terrible and wont be getting my new doggie for a month yet .
    I still wish to travel this next summer , hopefully my health will hold up .
    Hopefully I will not have to chime into this thread from a hospital bed anymore .

18. We need a celebration! So glad you’re home!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. I agree, make the celebration on west coast , I will be there .
    I plan on traveling this summer ,

20. Back in hospital for infection in
    My leg

• Like Like x 1