I hate being in a hospital

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Headhunterpipes, Mar 9, 2019.

1. I lost the first half of 2011 to 3 rounds of major surgery. Cut from hip bone to hip bone and up to my Navel in an upside down T. Took my guts out and played mumbly peg with them and left several key parts out. (missing most of my Colon)(large intestine)
    The last one was to hook all the bits back up and it mostly all works after a fashion but it still hurts after all this time. Thankfully staying well stoned keeps Mr. Pain way the fuck over there ------------------------------->

Been there and done that more then I care to remember. Keep your spirits up and it'll all be past you soon enough. I know how bad the depression can get trust me.

BNW

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Doing any better today Mate?
    I pray the pain is not to bad and someone is bringing you some Canna products

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. That's an interesting hole in your leg. I was a critical care nurse working in a large coronary care unit and had a post heart transplant patient with a hole in her chest over her heart like the one in your leg. Twice a day we'd pour a bleach solution (Dakin's) around her heart and let it slosh around as her heart beat then we'd sit her up and let it drain out. It was a strange experience seeing her heart beat like that. It eventually healed well enough she went home.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Best wishes and prayers to you. You've had a lot of pain dumped on you. Hope your friend can help you save your crop, but in the big picture that's nothing compared to regaining your health. Hang in there and keep us posted.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. I don’t like hospitals either as I spent an inordinate amount of time in one as a child. That being said, we’re lucky to have them and the care they provide.

All the best.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hope you can get out soon. Mr thoughts and prayers are with you. Please keep us informed.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Doing any better today Mate?
    Have they started any PT yet, the 1st steps hurt the most
    Good Luck,

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Hi everyone thank you so much for the support.

I feel
    Hi yes I am healing up , so far so good.
    Had some real issues, but enough negative stuff

So I walked today without my Walker for the first time
    Walked 300 yards and felt fine
    I dont want to over fo it and hurt my leg even more then hurts now .
    Still have hole in leg and wound vac hooked to the hole in my leg.
    But 300 yards is not a bad start
    I haven't walked 300 yards straight for 6 months to a year
    Hopefully I my legs will hold out for a while longer .
    I plan on traveling this summer, I will be also adapting a new doggie
    One doggie had some head issues like was abused or PTSD
    And the va will ok getting a German shepherd service dog

• Like Like x 3
  9. Im so happy you're doing better. I love you dude.

Congratulations

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. Well I need my leg to heel , nothing less..
    The nothing less is less of a leg .
    Because Infection sets In my leg is getting cut off.
    Straight up I dont want to be like these guys in here missing legs toes fingers and have to hand fed.
    Cant handle that ........

11. Shit I'm sorry, I'd freak out. I have epileptic seizures as I have epilepsy and I have to always be around someone, just in case I have one. I feel for you bro.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Get the nursing supervisor and the head of dietary involved. Tell them you want them to visit you in your room because you’re having problems.
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease, squeak all you can..!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nobody wants to be in the hospital, for me I have spent years in hospitals and it never gets better.
    Anymore everytime I go in its life and death
    I got a very rude awakening , I had no idea what CLC means ( Long Term Care ).
    No idea I was being put in this unit because I am single and because the machine I had tethered to me wasn't aloud off the hospital grounds .
    plus my surgeon wanted to keep a eye on me.
    had no idea they where plan on keeping me for 2 months .
    Bottom line I found a surgical team that does vac wound dressing in my home town plus got the VA to get me a portable freedom vac wound vac.
    I am sitting home right here in my living room .
    Straight up , The CLC unit is the worst medical care I have ever received .
    the next to the last day a nurse chewed out a 85 year old Korean vet, telling him after he said thank you for the pain med and politely asked the nurse to help turn him over in bed .
    She treated him like shit , I figured I was next , figured it was just a matter of time before a nurse would get stupid with me .
    Not all the nurses are bad , just 1 out of 5 and it was nothing less then patient abuse .
    I rather die then ever have to go back into the CLC unit Reno NV

14. Hospitals like so many things in this country are broken. The food is not healing. The air is stagnant. The lights are too bright. The strangers coming in and out are unsettling. They don't wheel you out to get fresh air and sunshine. Everything sucks about hospitals. You need to get on Full Extract Cannabis Oil. Next time you post, get on the medical thread so you can talk to people who have been there and done it. And take the time to listed to each one of these podcast about people who have taken cannabis
    oil for their diabetes. I have a feeling you will learn a lot and get some great help from them. diabetes | Cannabis Health Radio

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hope you get out soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I spent a fuck ton of time in military hospital. Ill never forget that astrigent chemicle smell of the ICU. Nothing like waking up with a breathing tube after surgery not knowing whats going on, except for its removal.

I did a ton of reading. I read everything i could get my hands on. I also got moving as soon as i was able. Good luck dude and keep your chin up an all that!

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. I am out .
    Long story .will explain but I have doctors appointments this morning .
    Main point is I am healthy and have peace off mind.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Glad to hear it.
    Just back from the local VA hospital. Sorry we don't find you listed for a blood draw today.
    SON of a ... Somebody screwed up again.
    Back home called my Doc. OOpsie. Pffffft. Overall the care is better then I expected but a step below what I had under the wife's company medical coverage.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  19. I am back in Reno va
    I got out of surgery again , they had to cut my leg back open because of Infection .
    Same bs got my Insulin shot but no lunch for 2 hours later
    Asked for some milk for creamer for coffee but never got it .
    I am ready to go home regardless if the fucking doctors like it or not
    Same shit , they dont rinse out my piss bottle with

20. By your complaints it sounds like you're doing pretty good.

• Winner Winner x 1