I had an epiphany

Discussion in 'General' started by Mustard, Aug 27, 2004.

1. In my free time I enjoy designing stuff. It is one of the few things that actually keeps my mind occupied and happy. Whether it's thinking of how I could make a grow room, or a grow box. I love thinking about what all I can cram into a space to get maximum efficiency. I just plain love problem solving.

So I was in the middle of drawing out plans for a 6'x5'x3' (HWD) grow box. Then I thought about all the different grows I have read up on; large scale and small scale. I realized it is such a tragic idea to put people like you and me behind bars for growing. People put so much thought, intelligence and time into their grows. Design and problem solving stuff that a lot of people would just be like... "uhhh I don't know what to do..." The people on this board, other grow boards and the growers we don't know about are HIGHLY intelligent people. But they could be put behind bars so quick. What a potential waste of such great minds. Young adults and old adults exchanging ideas in order to come up with a great relationship between engineering and botany. Which at it's core is one of the more perfect ideas. The essence of mans ingenuity combined with nature to create a relationship between to two. Almost in a symbiotic way. People without degrees designing and building complicated grow rooms and boxes. It just doesn't make sense to jail people like this. They have so much more potential than pressing numbers onto license plates.

2. that is soo true
    it almost hurts

3. You are right. It's so wastefull of their potential, to lock someone up, especially for having a plant. :smoking:

4. Word, I'm going to start a grow op next month, I'm scared as hell I'm going to get caught, but mary jane and I have been going steady for some time now, and I think it's time we finally moved in together.

5. just dont let anyone know. Not even girlfriends.

6. yeah, I'm not growing to sell, I'm going to grow, then shut it down till I run out. I'm really paranoid, but it seems like such a waste to keep buying weed from people who could be doing god knows what with it. I was talking to some dude on xbox live who's dealer/friend sprayed raid and hairspray on his weed. that really insighted me to start my own.

7. i was going to start growing outdoors. i live in south florida and i have a shit load of woods behind my house, i was gonna plant some seeds and see what happened, but i decided not to cause it would be too hard to keep from my parents, they would probly find out and i'd be in major shit. plus i had heard that theres some way they can fly over in a helicopter and see where plants are in the middle of the night. but yea, everything you said , i totally agree with you man, but that's how our society works

8. Don't put the plants all in one area. spread them out several feet. 15 would be good, but more if possible. It's when marijuana plants are bundled up in large areas that they give of a recognizable heat signature.

9. yea, i've know all about the laws here, they are harsh. but it doesn't look like i'm gonna be growing until i move out and when i do, i'll probly grow indoors, AND i've also heard that when growing indoors, they can fly over in , once again, helicopters, and they can see where a lot of grow lights are, because they give off a lot of heat. so i'm thinkin about it, but if i did grow, that would benefit me greatly

10. Use fluros. they cut down on the heat signature.

11. Seems like if you had the know how, you could make somthing like that from a refridgerator..maybe. I can't believe it's legal for the police to scan for heat signatures like that..isn't that invasion of privacy?

12. As far as I know it's not entirely legal. Maybe in hawaii. There have been on going debate over it's legality. I havnt heard anything new lately though. You can make a grow box, or room that has a minimal heat signature.. Which I have thought about using the idea. http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/1305

That helps with surrounding walls of a room. But with a grow box you can apply it to the top as well.

As far as exhaust cooling I was thinking for a bit... We could take a hint from out good ol buddy, Bong. What if, you place some PVC at a downward 45degree angle then have a water resuvoir. At the top of the resuvoir have a upward 90 degree pvc pipe with a small computer fan in it. If you do it properly you shouldnt need the fan at the end, but it could help. I dunno, it's just hypothetical. You could take meassures to make sure it produces air that is around room temp or cooler. You could add ice, or wrap it with a gel ice pack.

basically like this.

[​IMG]

13. thats exactly what i was thinking because like although its cold in a refridgerator it feels room temperature on the outside cuz of the insulation, i think that'd definitely work.

14. which is why stoners find out how to calculate how to break free from prison and bend the laws.. *******weeeeeeee..

ok that's not entirely true but you do learn the coolest stuff from stoners..