I had an epiphany

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by Carni, Feb 4, 2019.

1. #1 Carni, Feb 4, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    Deleted

• Like Like x 2
  2. Through evolution; the universe found a way to ponder it’s own existence

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  3. Amazing thought. Now I'll trip on that it beats boobs, butt and bud.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 Carni, Feb 4, 2019
    Deleted

5. I used to think that ... read here.
    but after practicing enough yoga, I am aware that drugs cannot get you there (sorry psychonauts).

The five precepts of Buddhists are 1) non violence, 2) no stealing, 3) sexual misconduct, 4) no lying (similar to #2), and 5) no intoxicants.

6. #6 Carni, Feb 4, 2019
    Deleted

7. I'm not a Buddhist, more I follow the Perennial philosophy. I am a Muslim Christian Buddhist Sikh Jew yet at the same time I am none.

How's that for rules ;)

8. #8 Carni, Feb 4, 2019
    Deleted

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. The title of the thread was "I Had An Epiphany" but so far no one has actually posted about such an experience. Am I the only one?

10. What do you mean?

11. #11 trojangrower, Feb 4, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    I don't want to sound like a dbag know-it-all, but this statement isn't correct. Buddhism and Taoism (ie. middle way) is not the same thing, and there are no (strict) Buddhists that is going to condone cannabis usage, even in the Mahayana. The Theravada vessel is very strict about the interpretation of Buddha's scriptures, and Zen isn't a lofty dreamy discipline; it is a very rigid system.
    As far as Good or Bad, many other religions believe in dualistic natures including Abrahamanic sects and Zoroastrianism. Again, I am closer to know nothing than everything, and make mistakes each and every day... I understand what you are trying to say regarding the middle way, but I think you are confusing some.
    Also, I stated that I am a perrenial philosophist; that's probably close, but its only because I do not have the discipline to be a real Buddhist, Christian, Muslim, or any other thing. Maybe one day I will get rid of my bs ego. In other words... I am far from being worthy of such a title.

Have you read the Bhagavad gita Carni? Oh I forgot... I'm also an aspiring Hindu :D

12. #12 cigarjack, Feb 4, 2019
    May, 1976, I set out from Iowa to Delaware for a summer job. My VW Beetle was slow but the national speed limit on the interstate was only 55 so it was going to be a long slow trip anyway. The only tunes I had was a cassette player and a box of overplayed tapes. No radio to break up the boredom, catch ball games or local broadcasts. In 3 days there wasn’t even a hitch hiker to talk to. On the third morning I was sick of the same old songs, turned off the tape deck and let my mind wander.

The constant hum of the road and wind put me in a trance. Up ahead I was mesmerized by large, billowy dark clouds. For hours I drove not conscious of speed, time or even where I was. Across Ohio and Pennsylvania the only thing I remember was the clouds.

I was young and my life was going nowhere. I had done poorly in college, more interested in women and weed than getting an education. The trip to Delaware was an escape from my crappy home town that held little opportunity.

Somewhere in my trance, knowledge came to me. The facts seemed vague at the time but were actually very specific. It was my future laid out in front of me. I didn’t question the events that were supposed to occur in the future because I knew them to be true as sure as if I’d already lived them. It was a strange combination of fact and faith as if knowledge of this sort was normal. There was no surprise or awe, just a matter of fact glimpse into what was to come. Among the things I learned was:

I was about to meet my soul mate. She would be beautiful from the inside out , but not overtly hot like most of the women I dated. She wouldn’t want children. Her parents would be divorced. I would work labor type blue collar jobs for 2 years before working white collar jobs. I would be middle management and never want for money. Not rich or poor, just financially secure. We would move to a warmer climate and live a long and healthy life together.

In Delaware I heard an ad for a bar called the “Stone Balloon” that had live music, and again it was a matter of fact conclusion that I had to go there. That’s where I met my soul mate, she took me home and we’ve been together ever since. Everything in the epiphany happened exactly as predicted.

I feel very lucky.

• Like Like x 3
  13. When I read your first comment, I thought you were trolling. I also knew my wife was my wife when I first met her... so weird.

14. I'm having a bad trip.