i guess this would be a beginner ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Joesmoke420, May 29, 2012.

1. I have 15 plants and only 2 of them are seedlings the rest are clones...all the plants are very tall and I've been running the 24 hour cycle....now my ? Is if one of my seedlings were to be a male would it polinate my females BEFORE I switched to the 12/12 cycle?

2. I prefer 18/6. It seems to grow faster

And no, you usually figure out the sex of a plant during the beginning of the flowering stage (12/12)

3. Ok so there's no way if I had a male it would f up the rest of my crop before I switch to 12..12?? I'm planning on flowering the seedlings seperate anyways I'm just worried while they are in with the rest?

4. not that I know unless they are autoflower, of course. And you shouldn't have to worry, just check everyday. I'm gonna flower my 3 babies at the same time, i just hopes it nots all 3 males

5. Wtf is autoflower?

6. I'm not certain, but i think it might be a plant that just starts to bud after a certain age?

e.g. Automatically flowers at ______ months old?

idk something like that maybe :D

7. When a plant automatically flowers without you changing the cycle.

8. [quote name='"pure1"']

When a plant automatically flowers without you changing the cycle.[/quote]

You got it they stay on the same cycle and usually start to flower after 3 or so weeks. Fast growing and early finishing...

9. i was doing the 24 hour cycle for only a week. soon as i switched to 19/5 they just blew up! and ya you will see signs of sex about 3-7 days AFTER they receive their first 12/12

10. [quote name='"HispanicPanic"']i was doing the 24 hour cycle for only a week. soon as i switched to 19/5 they just blew up! and ya you will see signs of sex about 3-7 days AFTER they receive their first 12/12[/quote]

Don't put an auto in to 12/12 unless it doesn't start to flower it will only result in a lower yield...

11. Oh no no... didnt have any preflowering before switched the light cycle..as a matter of fact it took about 5 days to fully see signs of sex AFTER they got their first 12/12

12. [quote name='"HispanicPanic"']

Oh no no... didnt have any preflowering before switched the light cycle..as a matter of fact it took about 5 days to fully see signs of sex AFTER they got their first 12/12[/quote]

On a standard strain yes but no need for it with an auto flower dude...

13. oh i see what your saying now

14. Males very often show their sex before females, however they take a bit to mature and open up to do some pollinating. You'll have plenty of time to get rid of them.

Many strains preflower, which is when plants show that they're mature enough to flower, but they won't actually go in to full blown budding until you switch to 12/12. I highly doubt your seedlings are autos.

15. [quote name='"HispanicPanic"']oh i see what your saying now[/quote]

Right on brother I'm on my first grow with autos an so far there the nuts. Check out my grow if ye get chance it's in my sig...