i grow my own tobaccoo.. and save massive $$$$$

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by chicken, Aug 20, 2016.

1. it quiet simple really. all you need is some space to grow it in. and a area to dry it in...

i mean figure it up.. 6 bucks a pack in some places. a pack a day x 365 days a year. thats a savings of over $2.000..00 and all it takes is a little time,

to learn about it you can visit the best website on the web that has tons of info. and a great forum discussing everything to do with it, from seeds, // start to finish

FAIR TRADE TOBACCOO . COM

tell em chicken sent you.

...ill answer any questions you may have here...if you may be intrested in doing it next year,

....................................................................................................................................................

i start my seeds. around january inside under c.f.l. grow lights. and usually place them in the ground around april 1'st. depending on the last frost. but i am in florida so our summer starts kinda early.

theres a special way to start the seeds. they are very small about the size of a sand granule... how such a small seed makes such a big plant is amazing,

heres a look at my current grow. and maybe some past grows,

here they are in my greenhouse. just about ready to go in the ground

.. IMG_20160504_201046374.jpg IMG_20160504_201054374.jpg IMG_20160521_183057152.jpg IMG_20150717_172332128.jpg IMG_20160724_192325072.jpg

once i pick it. i use 4' stakes and run wire. tied to nails in the stake and string it up to dry,

.. IMG_20160806_142251055.jpg IMG_20160806_142302740.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  2. Nice, this is the first tobacco tutorial I've ever seen. Never thought I'd find it on a cannabis forum haha.
    Unfortunately I don't have any farmer time to spend, otherwise I'd try it. Tobacco would be highly useful in the apocalypse.

How's your chickens doing?

3. Good lookin', I've been thinking about growing a plot of tobacco. Lots of people around me smoke and it would be really cool if I got that money too:devilish:. Any tips for germinating those tiny seeds? Hows your soil?

4. right now i dont have any chickens... a new neighbours dog killed them all.... we wont say what happened to that dog. but he's no longer on this planet,

• Like Like x 1

5. the only way you can legally sell the tobaccoo without paying taxes. is by selling what they call '' whole leaf '' which means you cure and dry it. and sell the whole leaf. it's up to the buyer to shred it... once you shred a leaf the government says you got to pay taxes on it,

the way i start my seeds. is ill put potting soil in my pot... then a 1'' layer of vermiculite on top of that...use a q-tip moistoned to pick up the seeds. and sprinkle them over the vermiculite. '' DONT COVER THEM UP '' just let them rest on top. and mist them daily and before you know it you'll have little green dots everywhere, and when they get a little big. thin them out and put them in your container till they get as big as the one i pictured of me holding.

heres how i do it. i use the q-tip to get about 10 seeds on. then i tap that q-tip to a ink-pen thus knocking and scattering them over the vermiculite. '' do not just use potting soil.'' if the seed falls in a crevice it wont germinate. you must use vermiculite,

.. IMG_20160217_211237190 (1).jpg IMG_20160217_210712621.jpg IMG_20160217_211703226 (1).jpg

6. heres last years grow... i framed up a extra bedroom to hang it in...and used a propane heater to heat the room up to 120 degrees, to cure it..theres a lot of baccy in there,

.. IMG_20150725_204215687.jpg IMG_20150721_175212031.jpg IMG_20150721_175142391.jpg IMG_20150721_175245147.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. IMG_20150726_225409318.jpg IMG_20150726_225319999.jpg IMG_20150726_225409318.jpg IMG_20150726_225319999.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  8. wow, you Sir are quite inginuitive +rep

9. Thats great, i wonder if you can do this in the uk.

10. that website i mentioned,,,,, we do have members that live in the u.k. and ireland that grow,

• Like Like x 2
  11. Jeez it's not that time already is it?

J

12. Chicken, pretty cool. Approximately how much area do you use outside and how much were you able to harvest? Do you figure you'll be supplied until next seasons harvest?

J

13. my area is about 75' lomg and 60' wide... i can get 400 plants in there,,,,and no i did a little expermenting this year with some unkown strains that ive never grew before, and the plants about 120 of them grew such small leaf i didnt even waste my time picking them,

allthough i did harvest about 12 lbs of bacca this year. which is a small haul... that will save me some money,,,

next year i aint fucking around with expermenting [ which i do each year with disappointing results ] next year im growing my 5 strains which are tried and proven to be massive producers,

ive actually never grew enough to last from one season to the other, but if i filled my spot up. i think i could but i also got 5 people smokin my shit... and it goes quick,

but im gettin ready to kick my woman to the curve and her 2 kids so maybe next year i will have enough to last from one grow to the other,,,

• Like Like x 1
  14. That's cool that you grow your own tobacco. :Love-Plant:

15. That's cool to see. I started to grow some tobacco this spring but something ate the tops before they really got going and then I got too busy to start some more. How long do you cure them before you start to use a harvest?

I was also thinking of rolling up some cigars full of weed and letting them cure all rolled up together. Do you think that'd work well enough?

16. Do you have to do anything extra to them during or after drying? Surely you can't just grow it and smoke it?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. you proablly had hornworms... they will eat all your leaf if left unattended... they make a poision you spray on the leaf that kills this caterpillar. i spray weeklly for them..

i cure my leaf just long enough to where the main stem is dry enough to break when bent....aged bacca is better. but fresh bacca is smokable,

i dont know a lot about making blunts. i hate the things.... the bacca wrapper makes me cough too bad,

18. actually i do nothing to my leaf. once it's totally dried.. i shred it and smoke it.. some people like to do whats called '' casing it '' which is misting it with a flavoured solution i.e. ;; vanilla extract,, cherry juice,,almond extract e,t,c,