Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I gotta take a break but keep smoking

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by illogical, Aug 22, 2011.

1. I know weed isn't addictive but I keep smokin. I wanna take a break just to know I can stop but every day I tell myself " meh I'll start tomorrow" as I pack another bowl ._. I also wanna take a break cuz my tolerance is a complete tank and I only get high for like an hour. Any advice to help me start this thing and stop pushing it off?

2. most people smoke weed cause they bored....keep busy and it doesnt bother you....but when your bored you wanna smoke cause bieng high makes it ok to be bored ...when you aint high you get frustrated cause u got nothin to do lol

3. Im starting a semester long break tomorrow, so know that youre not alone in this... I guess that sorta helps...

Take an extra class if youre in school, or just keep busy in some way... I personally enjoy running, whenever I want to smoke a bowl, I run a mile.
    In a way, I still get high, because of the endorphins my brain produces. so its win win.

4. #5 Blazing 420, Aug 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Absolute same for me!!! Omg

5. #6 illogical, Aug 22, 2011
    Yeah. It seems to be like that. I smoke when I'm home cuz it makes video games fun and that's all I do right now till school starts. I gotta stop for a bit.

6. Yeah i was in the same situation as you. Over the summer i smoked a shit load of weed and as i believe that weed is not addicting it became a habit or me. If i was bored i would smoke a j and things wouldnt be so boring haha. I realized that i should take a break just to make sure i could and i just kept puting it off. It wasnt untill a few days ago when i went on a family vacation that i couldnt take any bud on that i finally stopped. Ive been clean for a few weeks and it feels great. I figured out that there are so many fun things to do besides smoke weed. Dont get me wrong im still in love with mary jane and when i get back home ill have a big bag of pot waiting for me but it is truely amazing to take a break. What i suggest is to find something that really intrests you and do it alot. I went horseback riding, whitewater rafting, hiking, running, swimming and a lot more! Now obviously not every one has the opportunities to do all these fun things but find something else that you enjoy. The first thing you want to do it smoke all your weed haha invite a few friends over and have a nice sesh. Now that you have no more weed put all your money away somewhere in your house tht your not gonna be tempted to take some and buy more weed. Then when you start craving the herb go out and find something to do. It also helps if someone else takes a break with you.

7. #8 illogical, Aug 22, 2011
    That's pretty damn motivating XD

8. Stop buying weed?

9. Had the same problem until I went on a family vacation so I couldn't smoke anyway. Just smoke the rest of your stash, then every time you want to smoke put $5 in a cup, after 1-3 days you'll have shown yourself you can stop AND you'll have enough to buy at least an 1/8 :hello:

10. #11 illogical, Aug 22, 2011
    Would that make it worse? I'd fill the cup in a day And spend It the second it's full xD

11. #12 illogical, Aug 22, 2011
    Not as easy as it sounds apparently XD

12. I was the same way, Just know that the longer you wait to smoke the higher your gonna get due to your tolerance.

13. Man up and stop. You act like its such a big deal....just stop smoking.

14. #15 illogical, Aug 22, 2011
    Kinda difficult in my life. I haven't stop smoke 3+ bowls a day for an entire summer. I've been saying I'll stop for like a month.

15. get rid of all your bud, huge sesh then its easy
    unless you got like an oz then its counterproductive i guess

16. I was going to say find something you really enjoy, but it's on here about 15 times...and i had the same problem when i went on a family camping trip, except i ended up smoking with my stepdad...doesnt help your case much but i thought that was pretty cool XD

17. Smoke all of it right now
    And don't buy any tomorrow

Thats the only way to do it

18. i'm on a forced break but just get a job and get a boat load of hours and you'll be fine. i gotta stop til Novemeber but i figue with work and skool and stuff it'll be a piece of cake to stay clean

19. I used to smoke 3-4 blunts a day for months. Got addicted to the nicotine as well and stopped. Don't make excuses when you're not actually trying.