I gots me a Question :)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MjFrost, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Hello, I was wondering if there was a way to increase the THC in weed? If so plz tell me how I can.

Thank You

2. Most people say there is little that can be done to increase THC, as it's genetically predetermined. If you treat her right, and give her the right light (UVB radiation is said to increase THC production) you can at least try to reach her maximum potential. If you do throw a reptile light in there for UVB, be careful with it, as it is harmful to us and I'm pretty sure our beloved plants if left on for too long.

3. What about humidty. I've heard from a few respectible growers that lowering your humidity to the 30-40% range increases the THC. The theory behind it is that the plant is trying to stop transpiration which is evaporation of water from the plant. The plant does this to protect the seed from drying out, whether it has produced one or not. This is something that I haven't seen mentioned in a while.

4. yeah thats true I read it somewhere but I always give out this example when your sleeping at night and its too humid you sweat right and when you sweat your uncomfortable and you wake up but if you wasnt sweating you would spend all your energy sleeping and charging your energy for the next day right so there you go heres a link for a cheap dehumidifyer www.airandwater.com everygrower needs one of these

5. so do i need a D-humidifier or a normal humidfier for the plant?? r u saying have it sweat in the day time but not at night to save its energy?

6. yes thats what im trying to say only use your dehumidifier a night right before the lights goes off place it in there

7. Ok thanks for the help:wave:

8. You can affect the amount of THC. The genetics determine if the plant is going to produce a little or a lot, but within the range of a given plant you can boost it to its own maximum with lighting, humidity, nutest, etc. Just like genetics might make one person prone to be fat and another athletic, but that person prone to be fat could still be thin if he diets a lot and that person prone to be athletic can vary how strong he is if he goes to the gym or not.

To lower humidity during flower I use a Damp-Rid bucket, about 3 bucks for the tub and another 3 bucks for a big carton of replacement crystals. It uses crystals to soak the moisture out of the air.