i gots a question

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Raisedondairy, Feb 1, 2012.

1. #1 Raisedondairy, Feb 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2012
    Ok so I have been working out for 3 years, now I am currently doing a 5-day split geared to gain muscle mass. I lift weights from1-2 hours each night, and i like to practice my kickboxing on a bag for about 30 mins each night. I am pretty light, weight 135 lbs and am 5'8. However I am much stronger than anybody my weight, and am stronger than most of my friends who have 20 or more pounds on me. I also look a lot bigger than 135. My question is: Should I

A) lift wieghts, do cardio and kickboxing work for 30 mins, then take protein shake (60g)?
    B)do cardio/kickboxing first, then lift weights, then take protein shake?
    C) lift weights, take protein shake, then cardio?

Basically I am trying to gain weight in the form of muscle and dont want my cardio/kickboxing to negate the effects of what I just did in the gym, and am not sure when the best time to take the protein shake is.

Any help would be much appreciated!

2. Do C, unless that gives you an upset stomach.

You're going to have to eat a LOT to gain weight while doing all that. GOMAD might be in order.

3. I think you should do your weight training and kick boxing on seperate nights and that will benefit you much more because your body will have more energy for both and therefore increase the intensity of effort. And take the protein shake after every workout whether it be weights or kickboxing.

4. ok thanks for the help guys!

5. i suggest gomad to get the cals in.

Its not as bad as you think, altough it is a veritable fuckload of milk.

6. but i wouldnt take protein shake (maybe like twice a week?)...how about eating more meats? rice? i know theres people in this forum that know the answer..... good luck

7. I put on a bunch of muscle weight during my junior year of college. I was 135 and got to 170 of solid muscle by the end of the year. I was running 3 miles, 3 times a week, lifting 2 days a week, and eating double cheeseburgers from mcdonalds as often as I could. Although, I worked there, so that was easy.

It sounds like you're active enough, just pack in the cals any way you can (aside from eating sugar packets).