Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I got them vaporiser blues...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by visualerror, May 1, 2009.

1. [Repost - originally in Apprentice forum]

I recently bought a vaporizer, a conduction model: Fuzion Vaporizer - BVR 300. I know there are (much) better ones out there, but I didn't want to dive in at the deep end without knowing the score.

Anyway, I fired the sucker up for the first time. I waited until the herb had started to crisp up brown before inhaling through the whip, as I'd heard that others had had problems with not waiting a sufficient amount of time. I'd filled the bowl about a quarter-inch full, roughly ground. Puff puff. Definitely tasty, so the aromatics were burning fine at least. Puff puff.

But nothing - no 'rushy' feeling, no giggles, no effect I could really tally at all. I've tried again at hotter temps, left until the entire bowl contents was crisped, but still no joy. I can tell the vape's working - there's a fine mist when I exhale, and the glass bowl is already developing a golden-brown tinge. I've used a bong before, and was expecting an effect of that nature...

What the hell am I doing wrong? I would seriously love some help on this folks - even if it's just to say 'Whoa man, you ballsed this one up completely - the vape you got's total, utter shite.' I'm fairly certain that isn't't the case for the above-mentioned reasons, but what the hell, I'd be willing to hear it...

2. you waited till it was brown? ur supposed to inhale when the vape is fully heated then you attach the whip and you inhale.

3. I dont really know much about vapes but i talked to a guy at a headshop once b/c im buying one this summer and he said there is a timer system, It will go from a green light to a red light or something, like that when its ready Im not sure if yours has that though.

4. THIS is your problem. DON'T wait till the herb is crisp and brown because if you do, than the herb has already been vaped before you took your first hit.

5. woops, looks like you have a separate bowl from the whip. This is what you do:

1. Turn on the vape, have the dial around 11-1 o'clock (your going to have to play with the dial to get the ideal temperature)

2. Wait 3-4 minutes till the vape heats up, then parck the bowl (grind the weed very well so you have more surface area to vape)

3. Start inhaling, take a long hit, followed with a short hit, and keep repeating till your weed is BROWN.

6. the problem is u spent only 54 euros on it expecting it was gonna fuck u up u should of spent a lil more on a good quality vape u wouldnt even be on grasscity right now bichin if u did i got the vaporbros vaporizer and that was only 150 dollars that thing gets u straight retarded try to sell that and get ur money back

7. Wrong. You can spend LESS than that and get a good vape, or spend more than that and get a lousy vape. He just didn't get himself a good vape. Price had nothing to do with it.

8. Whattttt? I haven't seen any good vapes under $100, what vapes were you talking about?

9. #9 lwien, May 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2009
    VaporGenie
    Vapostar

10. not a big fan of the pipes, but ya I guess you can settle with that. Why not just spend a little more on a Vaporbro's/Vapor-Tower heating unit?

11. Because they're not portable, and because they DO cost more. The VG was my first vape. I didn't know if I would like vaporizing weed, so I wanted to get something cheap that would allow me to get my feet wet to see if I really liked vaping. The VG served that purpose, and still does when I'm out and about. I can get HUGE vapor clouds out of it and it will get me just as high as a 700 'Cano. It doesn't quite taste as good as my Purple Days, and it isn't quite as efficient, but it's close.

I do have a Buddha on order though for those super-rich, great tasting bong like lung rippers when the mood strikes. ;)

12. haha nice man. Yeah the portable thing is kinda a bitch, but the only place I'd want a portable vape is prob the movie theater haha. I'm thinking about purchasing iInhale, which I've heard is amazing!

13. Yeah, most of the THC was vaped out before you took your hit. After you put in the wand you should start inhaling slowly and you'll see the vapor drawing through the tube. The weed should brown as you take your hit, not before.

14. It is, but I so rarely have the need to vape on the go, I just couldn't see myself spending that much money on a portable.

15. My vape was 50 bucks on ebay and its still working like a champ a year later.
    vapor_double_B_01.jpg

16. Vapes dont get me high, maybe they dont get you high either :cool:

17. If smoking weed gets you high, and a vape doesn't, then you're doing something wrong.

18. Yes, smoking weed gets me high, no, vaporizing dosent... neither do edibles, unless i smoke and vape or smoke and eat. *shrugs* :smoking:

19. Also those soldering iron type vapes don't usually heat up quite enough to be fully efficient....

20. you don't get high off vaporizers? are you superman? :rolleyes: