I Got Some Questions.....PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dsmor180, Apr 27, 2007.

1. oright well so far i germinated about three seeds with one more on its way and possibly more idk. anyway, i know that i have to put it into a cup and what not and put a plastic bag over it but here are my quesitons:

1. how should i handle watering the plant when its in the cups?
    2. how long should it be in the cups?
    3. when i take it out and move it to a pot, should i just take everything out of the cops and plant it in a pot with the same soil
    4. btw i will be growing outdoors
    5. also, you know how there are different times for certain stages like 24/0, 18/6, and 12/12, how does this work with growing it outdoors?
    6. i know that i have to check the plant when its in the cup and the pot for whether the soil is dry or not and add water accordingly, but whats the deal with fertilizer and isnt there something else you have to give the platn like nutes or something? is there anything else?
    6. with #6, could you thoroughly explain how each work and when they are needed and what are good ones.
    8. if i didnt mention this already because im really high, whats a good soil to buy for growing outdoors because i need to buy soil tonight with my friend,

thanks in advanvce for everythig guys i appreciate your help a lot!

2. Hey I'm a noob, but I've learned alot by reading the stickys. I would suggest putting ur seeds directly into the pot you plan to grow in and put plastic wrap over the pot. this way you dont have to worry about transpanting.

if you do want to start with cups follow the same guidlines for watering: wait until the soil is dry about a half inch down before watering.

With reguard to fertilizers, DO NOT add ferts untill you have 3 sets of leaves. the seedlings have everything they need for about 20 days.

Also make sure your soil doesn't have any ferts in it. Miracle-Gro is notorious for this, dont use it.

I would check the general outdoor growing forum for lighting answers. I am an indoor grower so I don't know about that.

I can explain the difference between 24/0, 18/6, and 12/12. the first number refers to the number of hours the light needs to be on, the second refers to hours of darkness. People have different opinions on which is better 24/0 or18/6. I personally have mine under 24/0. these cycles are used for veging. when you are ready to flower, switch to 12/12.

Hope that helps! Good Luck!!

3. thanks for the advice, is there any specific brand of soil you would reccomend? also, with my seeds in my pots and plastic bags over them do i just put hte pots out in sunlight with the plastic baggies on

4. Any organic soil will work. Just make sure it doesn't have fertilizers in it. They won't need sunlight until they the soil. keep the bags on the pots until the seedlings have their first set of leaves, or they're about an inch tall.

Like I said, I'm an indoor grower so I would definately recomend the outdoor grow forum. Everyone here is very helpful, I'm sure any questions you have about lighting they will be better able to answer.

oh, I'm in the same climate zone so until about mid may I would make sure the temperature stays above 75. the ideal range is 78-85. When they are still small, low temperatures and frost can kill your girls before they get started.
    Good Luck!!