I got robbed 150 by grasscity, help me

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by mrgibblet, Jan 17, 2014.

1. I've seen lots of people lately complaining about grasscity not shipping their items, I'm in the same boat.

I spent $150 on a piece on Dec. 19th. almost 1 month later, my package is still not here, so I'm just going to assume that grasscity is a scam site.
    I'm contacting my credit union today to do a fraud chargeback, hopefully this helps everything.

Has anyone else had this problem with grasscity? And have you had success with a chargeback?

This is plain-fucking ridiculous. How do you expect to run a business and not deliver your products?

2. don't know how to help you but why buy from a website that's known for shitting on people?

• Like Like x 1
    My dumb ass didn't read reviews before I placed the order. Exactly why I'm going to file a chargeback. I was ignorant of their fraudulent behavior

4. Lol id like to hear this call to your bank

5. I already discussed it with customer support.
    They didn't ask details about the website or anything, if they do I can just tell them it's a tobacco pipe store.

I'm pretty positive the dispute department just needs my order number / transaction ID to give me my money back

6. I hear they ship it by boat or some shit, and it regularly takes over a month. Ive never ordered from the shop, though, for exactly that reason.

7. Ship it by boat? Why ship it by boat when they have a US warehouse?

Well, the order form says it typically takes 10 business days, so if it's been a month since I ordered, that's reasonable suspicion for a chargeback I'd say.

8. I would file that report just note I've seen a few orders take over 3 months.

9. Are you sure customs didn't get ahold if it? That's what happened to my last Grasscity order. Never got it, I was pissed off, 3 months later get a letter in the mail saying it got seized and destroyed.Also Grasscity tends to take longer than a month to ship. All my other orders took like a month and a half.

Jesus. Yeah screw waiting that long... Getting my money back sounds like a great idea

11. #11 mrgibblet, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
    I got the email saying my order was shipped, it shipped around 6 days after I ordered it on the 19th.

I just don't know if I should give it another week or two, or just get my money back now and go buy a piece from a headshop

12. [quote name="mrgibblet" post="19359377" timestamp="1389992831"]Ship it by boat? Why ship it by boat when they have a US warehouse?Well, the order form says it typically takes 10 business days, so if it's been a month since I ordered, that's reasonable suspicion for a chargeback I'd say.[/quote]Did you make sure the product you were ordering was a US made product? They clearly state which items were made and are distributed from the US warehouse in Oregon.I made sure the piece I ordered was American made and ships from the US.Was here in 3 days..Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. [quote name="mrgibblet" post="19359492" timestamp="1389994207"]I got the email saying my order was shipped, it shipped around 6 days after I ordered it on the 19th.I just don't know if I should give it another week or two, or just get my money back now and go buy a piece from a headshop[/quote]Remember they don't ship on weekends. But they should have shipped it out on the 20th considering it was a Friday. Maybe they were so backed ordered from Christmas demand.Personally I wouldn't file a dispute, seems like a lot of work when it could arrive in the next few days. I'd give it a couple more weeks.

14. I might say Glasscity is shit but they arent frauds. They are half ass with stuff and its not right. They make it worst by not providing a tracking #. Contact them and im sure youll have it by feb (depending on your whereabouts) as bad as that sounds

15. I know they don't ship on weekends. But yeah I guess that's true.. I was going to give it another week or so.

If it's not here by February I'll most likely do a chargeback though. 

16. Don't worry man it took about that long maybe longer when I ordered something off of the store. I got it, but they left out am item .... Which I still never got. It was 2 glass screens

17. Dude its sent. Its slow. Wait.

18. fuck grasscity shop
    will never use it
    shipping is HORRENDOUS

19. I remember a bunch of people in threads before saying customs tok their gc order. Never bought from them rather go to a headshop & have it as soon as I pay for it. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. What did you order?