Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I got Ripped off 1 gram from a "friend"

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mcoogle, Feb 9, 2010.

1. #1 Mcoogle, Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2010
    I was looking to buy an 1/8th (3.5g) of some dank (I'll upload pictures later), for $45. I usually buy from my friend who deals, he usually hooks me up pretty good. He's usually a friend who weighs it out in front of me etc.

Today I called him up and he said he didn't have his car, and that if I wanted an eighth, we would have to meet somewhere in the neighborhood. I accepted his offer then started walking to the meeting spot. When I arrived, he was nowhere to be seen. I called him back to find out that he hadn't left the house because his scale's not working... He called me back 20 minutes later saying he got it "figured out" and that he would meet me in 5 minutes. I was getting a little impatient so I called another friend to drive me closer to my dealer. I called back my dealer friend and told him I was on my way towards him. When we finally met up, He pulled out a plastic bag with supposedly and eighth. I asked him "How much do I owe you", he usually asks for $45, but this time he told me that it's going to cost me $55 for an eighth because he's trying to make some money off of the "delivery". I told him "I only have $50 on me" then he said "Don't worry about it, you practically drove to me" and took the $50. I didn't mind giving him an extra $5.

After I got home I went over to ANOTHER friends house to smoke, I brought the weed I had just bought, weighed it on my friends scale, and it said 2.6g. I was pissed because it didn't appear to be 3.5 to me when I bought it, but I didn't want to say anything. I was a little uncomfortable to call back my dealer about it so I texted him. Here is the conversation unedited:
    Code:

Me: It doesn't look like 3.5

"Friend": Its is dude I weighed it out

Me: I weighed it out 2.6

"Friend": Damn dude what the fuck. What did you weigh it on?

Me: Connors brother deals I weighed it on his

"Friend": Well I barrowed that scale cause mine was dead. But ill trust you dog when I get batteries ill get you that.

Me: Alright thanks.

I want to believe him but I honestly don't-- I know him and I know he is kind of a messed up, he has skimped people before, also I don't trust him that much because we aren't really friends anymore, I just call him to smoke or buy, the only time we hangout is when we are hanging out as a group of (5-10) friends. I'll see him in person tomorrow and I don't know how I should confront him about it. I just wanna get my .9 and find a better friend and a dealer.

Sorry if the story is confusing I didn't want to reveal names.

EDIT:: I did smoke some, it is really nice weed

2. Seems like he made an honet mistake man. The reason his scale broke may be the reason he messed up. Maybe his friend's scale is shit? who knows. theres a few excuses.

3. It depends how long hes been your dealer, if he usually weighs it in front of you it shouldn't be a problem but maybe now that he knows you weigh it yourself he won't try anything funny again. Good luck with it man.

4. Dude.. Same happened to me once. Paid wayy too much for a quarter and was shorted a full gram on top of that. Told him about it and he said something like "sorry man. i didnt weigh it. its what my guy gave me for you... " blah blah. I told myself Id never buy from him again, but he literally has the greatest stuff I've ever smoked--- better than shit I smoked in Amsterdam to put it in perspective.

5. No use breaking up a friendship over a gram of weed just make sure it dont happen again and bring a scale everytime be4 u buy thats what i do

6. Dat shit dont fly im my hood ******. Rep philly yo. I'd straight fuck a brother up if I was yous. :smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::confused::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking:

7. wow you paid 50 for 2.5 that must suck ass. but realy man its not worth losing a friend over not even a g. he probably gave a few people to much and you got the short end of the stick. if he hasnt riped you off in the past and he normally drives to ur house its definetly not a dealer worth losing. and if he is a friend ask him to seesh with his weed since he cut you short a lil im sure he wont mind.

but man dont buy off friends it gets fucked up. i lost a friend because i wouldnt spot him(i needed the money) so he figured i was being a dick blah blah blah and dont talk to him ever.

8. Here's a pic of a nug of the eighth I bought:

It got a little smashed in my pocket on the way ... I forgot my pill bottle :p

EDIT: shit I'm so high I forgot to add the pictures, my bad. here: they are

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. ^ I agree with these two. if it's some of the dankest you've smoked, comes at a decent price, and the guy isn't shady to buy from, then it sounds like a situation you don't want to lose. it sounds to me like the guy just screwed up once, it's not a big deal. it seems unlikely that he was trying to short you. it just wouldn't be a good idea for him to do in the first place; a consistent customer>1 gram. and on the off chance that it was, you caught it and called him on it and it's unlikely to happen again. my advice: give him the benefit of the doubt.

10. #10 Acid Raindrops, Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2010
    I wouldn't make a big deal out of it dude, that looks like some good bud and he seems chill if he usually weighs it out in front of you and hooks you up.

He didn't try to deny it when you txted him, he said he'll hook you up so wait it out and see if he hooks you up, buy another 1/8th from him and mention how the last time you were shorted, the scale he used he prob didn't calibrate correctly.

And $50 for 2.5 grams for dank in my state still technically isn't gettin ripped off (depends on the area I know) but in a lot of places in the U.S. you pay $20 a gram for dank id pay like $50 for what you got from him in my town.

alot of people are insecure and worship respect so they'd be offended if u said you scaled it but its pretty dumb not to, and a lot of even sketchier people would try to be like b.s. that was 3.6g i weighed it out u tryin to rip me off? just chill and smoke another bowl for now bro, see what happens. manana sera otro dia (tomorrow is another day) :smoking:

11. yeah man i would stick with this guy unless your sure you can get bud that decent looking. even if it is way overpriced. not many dealers will even give you a half ass product, at least that shit is in a dense nug form. it could be shake! or brick bud idk it seems like the guy made an honest mistake cause he was probably pretty baked. cut him some slack geeze. doing deals takes effort! on both parts!

12. You don't understand, this guy doesn't even smoke because of his job, it's straight business to him.:bongin::smoking:

13. wow from the pics it looks like you got ripped of pretty bad :/
    but i it weighs out 2.6 then have him smome you out a blunt that should cover it....... unless youre tryna go hood rat on dat ***** and beat his ass

14. being ripped off a g does suck...but the bomb looks pretty good so i would just chalk it up a loss...

15. Get yourself a small digital, or ask them to wiegh it infront of you. Plus someone less sketchy.

16. The guy is automatically an idiot for padding the charge.

55 for a HQ is just too much.

He may not have purposely tried to jack you on the weed tho.. His scale could actually be giving him a wrong reading or he tried to eyeball it..

17. I say whoopie.

But its just a gram. Not much you can do. Danks danks. Just try to space it out a little longer.

Good thing you called him out on it. Maybe next time he wont eye ball it.

18. Always call people out on their BS.

not enough people do.

19. oh sweet, the fresh prince is on grasscity!

20. if you had been shorted a gram on any other circumstances then it might be passable but this guy made you go almost entirely to his place AND give him 5 extra dollars (after being unable to get 10) ? that is probably more like greed than a simple mistake.

You paid for an 8th, he cant just yoink almost a THIRD of your weed and keep it to himself. But if he keeps his word and gives you what he owes or throws in a little extra on your next pickup then there shouldn't be much of an issue. I just wouldn't let him get away with it though. Because if he pulls this bullshit once and you let him slide then what is to stop him from trying it again until it just becomes a regular thing?