Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I got legal today, but I'm a bit confused on a few things...

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by MileHighChick, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Woohoo! I did it! I'm finally legally medicating myself!

Couple questions for those of you more experienced in the MMJ area.

1) My boyfriend got legal with me today. We checked out an amazing dispensary downtown that offers free chiro and massage sessions, growing classes, and a chill place to hang out, watch movies and TV, or play pool. We were THOROUGHLY impressed by their happy and helpful demeanor. BUT! My boyfriend picked up a gram of sour diesel, and when he came home and weighed it, it was only .8. Is this common for dispensaries to round up like this? Would he be justified in calling or mentioning something next time he's in? We're not too educated on dispensary etiquette yet.

2) I picked up a gram of "lime" from the same dispensary. I've spent the last 25 minutes scouring the internet trying to find some (ANY) information on this strain, and have yet to discover anyone else ever having smoked, grown, or sold this strain at their dispensary. I've known shady street dealers to make up or glorify names, but would my dispensary do the same thing? Could it possibly be a hybrid specific to their growers?

Any and all information greatly appreciated. Have an amazing night! :)

MileHighChick

2. Depends, is it a street dispensary or what?

3. nope, it's a very legitimate, high class dispensary in downtown denver.

i'm going back tomorrow to pick up some paperwork, i'll probably ask them then.

4. Well, the "lime" is probably their own strain, or local. I dunno what to tell you, I wouldn't really worry about it, if I were you. I'd toke. But the .8 things a little messed up. I'm not medically medicating, but shit.. lol.

5. Deffinitely bring it up, I'd say. That's theft right there, that is.

Lime is probably a local strain, I could grow lettuce sprinkle it with THC and call it cabbage.

6. Well i have no personal experience on the subject, but i am assuming they dont grow it all themselves, and if they didnt weigh it right then and it was pre-bagged or something maybe it dried a bit? who knows, it happens!

7. It is common for dispensaries to get kind of custom strains grown by local growers that you may not find searching on the internet. This is usually just hybrids the grower makes and names I think.

There is strains ive found at the dispensaries I go to that I haven't seen on the internet. I have had the unknown strain consistently over the last years and it has always tasted the same, looked similar, similar smell, always very chronic. So that leads me to believe they don't lie. At least my dispensary. Who knows about denver? I'm not sure.

8. i dont know if going in there to complain about your gram being .8 will accomplish much but you can aways try, if their constantly short though yea i'd be pissed, and like its been said the lime is most likely a hybrid

9. Cabbage and lettuce are two different vegetables tho.

10. No, it's not cool for a club to short you like that. In fact, they should weigh it out in front of you is you request it. Invest in a small pocket digital scale and you can weigh it too. Clubs shouldn't be "rounding up" like that.

Just as there are shady street dealers, there are shady clubs. I know for a FACT that some clubs in California will slap whatever name they can think of on a strain, or will have five different "name strains" and they're all the same thing. You need to be careful with your clubs.

Sounds to me like this club has to PAY for all those nice amenities, and how they do that is to rip off customers. Personally I'd rather go into a club with bare bones, but has smart budtenders who know their stuff, than one with all that extra crap. Someone's gotta pay for that extra crap, who do you think that's going to be?

11. Definitely Illegal for them to short you. It is a legitimate business just like Best Buy. If you bought a TV(.8) that said cables(.2) included and you didn't get the cables you would complain and get those cables (.2). Give us an update!

12. This is hitting the nail on the head. Of course they've got nice stuff they're peddling their meds for $60 an 1/8. People really need to look for private caregivers. Someone who's not trying to pay the salary of an office full of workers, and for ads in the back of the Westword (local weekly). Oh yeah, and if you sign them up as your official caregivers you get like 10% off. WOW sign me up, that's a deal.

People are forgetting that this SHOULD be a patients market. 3 plants can yield 20x more than you're ever going to pay for - at 55 or 60 an eighth. A proper caregiver agreement should be like 1 free Oz a month, and like $225 an Oz after that. Remember people, they're growing YOUR PLANTS.

13. the budtender who shorted me was a very weird dude.

they had 2 pharmacies there and we got called into the second room to get our meds, the first room with the other budtender seemed much more friendly and i honestly wish i would have gotten called to taht room instead!

the over all atmosphere of the place is what will keep me coming back. tons of books to read while you wait. free amenities, such as the chiro and masseuse. ya just gotta tip them : ) which is still most likely cheaper than going to a reg doc.

the best part is, its like 5 minutes from where i work, so its super convenient for me to be able to stop by after making some tips at work! hah

i also really like that they do their best to give back to the community, they help homeless, with food and shelter programs, and a couple other things around the city.

i will probably be going back today, hopefully to get an eighth, but if not ill be getting a gram of their afgooey(looked amazing) and if i get the same budtender i will most definitely bring it up. it was weighed in front of us. but he never showed the scale, next time i will definitely ask to see it weighed. cause 20 for . 8 aint gonna fly in my books

14. Patients Choice?

That place is awful.

I stopped going there after I got shorted on more than one occasion and got tired of everything being overpriced.

Also, they do a bunch of advertising but they never actually have medecine at the prices that they advertise.

And for $20 a gram the stuff better be some of the best mj I've ever seen... and it wasn't. Other dispensaries have much higher quality stuff for cheaper.

-The Budmaster

15. I like Patient's Choice, but most of that is because I'm really into that they are trying to build a community. They have free massages, and they are going to have free cooking classes for cooking with THC (they are putting a kitchen in their facility), free classes on how to grow your own plants, stuff like that. I dig the vibe.

However, being shorted is NOT okay and you should definitely watch that shit being weighed out from now on! They bring in so much bank, shorting is very very uncool. Totally sucky that that happened!

16. We didn't go to patient's choice.
    We went to a place on arapahoe about four blocks from rockies stadium.

WW, thanks for the insight on all the "free" amenities. that makes perfect sense. i'll leave it up to my boy to discuss details about his shorted gram, though i'm SURE he already vaped/smoked most of it so it may be a lost cause already. :p

i may also ask who grew my lime, and if it is a denver- or dispensary- specific strain. or if it's just pure bull shit.

Thanks for all the responses, everyone! Really, really do appreciate it! :)

17. THey most likely won't bother telling you the provenance of a strain, they probably don't even know themselves.

If they don't make good on a shorted gram, you should find somewhere else to go...you shouldn't have to deal with shitty clubs like that.

18. Is your scale accurate?

did you weigh it as soon as you returned to your crib?

it's only .2, but you could bring it up next time you head in if you're absolutely certain you were straight shorted.

it would be your call

if i were you i'd check your scale first
    and go over all other variables that might lead to a difference between the weights at the two different locations (or lack thereof, implying a dispensiary conspiracy!)

19. woah, wild will,
    i just noticed that we joined at the same time and have almost the exact same number of posts. weird. haha.

edit: his scale is not off. it's always been very accurate, and i find it difficult to believe it malfunctioned the day we finally got legal.

20. I dont weigh what I get from the dispensary, but I see them weigh it out. Sometimes they short me a tiny bit, but most of the time they just break up a nug to make up for the weight. The next time you go in, I would say something politely, like "The last time we came here I got home and noticed my purchase was .2 short." A dispensary is a business and they should give you what you're paying for. You don't order a pizza and say it's ok if it's missing a piece, you know?

As for the strains at the dispensary, I've encountered a ton of strains that I can find little to know information on, sometimes I just figure it's something the grower breed themselves and don't really worry about it. If you're wondering about the genetics of a strain, you can ask them at the dispensary what it is.

At one of the dispensaries I go to, their top shelf marijuana rarely has a name and they can't tell me the genetics, it makes me insane. I know certain strains make me paranoid, or help with pain, so how can I make an educated and informed decision without knowing what it is? If they can't tell me the genetics, or even a strain name, I'm not buying it. It's typically as simple as that.

Glad you're legal now. :)