I got illegally searched

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ThePhantom, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Was it worth it? For him maybe it was, maybe it showed him that he was no longer going to just sit there and take all the bullshit from authorities and from other people as well. Who can say what's "worth it" because whats worth it to one isn't always worth it to another? There's no grand formula which you can plug in and say, ok I guess it is indeed worth it. I can go ahead and do it now.

I guess we just have a different perspective other what is worth it, but to me every thing that you do which coincides with your values, even when it seems like so much work for so little return (actually especially this) makes it that worth it to me.

What more can I say? "worth it" isn't universal.

2. "Worth it" is universal.

Some people just don't know what is and what isn't.

3. haha I guess we can just agree to disagree there man

4. Very true. I'm glad you weren't uptight as everyone else. :smoking:

5. Yeah, but if they don't find anything it's pretty obvious that they were lying about it. Fuckin cops should get the shit charged out of them for illegal searches.

6. As people who engage in illegal activities (posession of cannabis) it is a good idea for us to know the law. However, it is an even better idea for us to understand reality, and that is that certain cops (not all of them) believe that they are above the law and will do anything to "catch" you doing something illegal.

Cops are not hard to outsmart, you succeeded this time by having nothing illegal in your vehicle. Next time, you may succeed by simply avoiding any cops you see. Continue to make smart moves like this and the cops will never bust you.

Dumb moves such as driving by cops and looking out the window are how cannabis users get caught. If you are going to break the law, be smart about it.

7. #147 pnut420, Aug 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2010
    After reading this whole thread, it would be criminal if i didnt get my one cent in. (rough economy, saving the other one cent).

I only agree with the op on the fact that they basically profiled you and that is why you were pulled over. But imo you guys pretty much asked for it. Who drives to the ghetto to see what you guys were going to see? Far be it for me to say what is interesting or not, but who in the hell thinks bail bondsman shops and broken down buildings are interesting? Only people who want to laugh at other peoples misfortunes....thats who. I mean....your in the fuckin ghetto....its pretty self explanitory whats happening down there.

Im not trying to question weather or not this was right or wrong. What the police did was wrong, lying about the tail light was wrong, but what happened to you was NOT out of the ordinary. Like MadKronic, i also have LEO's in my family and profiling is a big part of who and why people are being pulled over. I mean if it looks like shit, and smells like shit, then it is usually shit.

I feel that your lack of judgement and your COMPLETE 100% lack of COMMON sense about the ghetto and its surroundings led to this whole unfortunate incident. Best of luck to you in the future.

And in that future might i just give you a little tip? Treat all police like your Morpheus in the matrix and the police are all Mr. Smith. Just go the other way. Dont confront them, dont fight them, dont try to get all pretty with them, cause in the end, if they want to, they will fuck your world up. Ive seen it happen. Not pretty.

The funniest part to me is the whole month of time you've spent on this....While those police officers forgot about you the second you pulled away from the curb.

8. UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!

After a little over six months, I finally spoke to the supervising police officer about the issue! Me and Sir Tokes Alot went to the district today and talked to someone, it was really fun. Plus I think there is a realistic chance something may come of this, because our stories went really well and the officer was interested. I still think the odds are against us, but this certainly isn't impossible now. Thanks to everyone who told me not to give up, and all the haters can suck a lemon.

9. Subpoena for sure. If anything you need to make your rights an issue at a legal level.

10. It all depends on the outcome of the officer's investigation.

11. Damn I've had this linked up on my bookmarks bar for the longest time. I kept telling myself to pm you for an update but I kept putting it off and figured you just forgot about it. Guess not! Good luck and stick it to the man!

12. Thanks for the support IA, that's pretty awesome how you were interested in this. I appreciate it. And this experience shows that you should never give up, because even if a lot of time passes or you fail once or twice, if you try again you will eventually succeed. The first time I set up an appointment and tried to get to the station I got lost, and that almost ended it for me. But luckily there's no statute of limitations here so it all worked out.

13. Blade, you have more support out here than you realize. :hello:

(Guess, we oughta post after reading to let you know that, :eek: Stoners ;):smoke: ).

14. #154 MaDKroniK, Jan 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2011

Better buy a box for yourself.

I thought some kid just brought up the old topic. Nope, its just you still on the same shit from 6 months ago.

I wonder if they're just putting up with you just to get you out because it has been 6 months and you still haven't dropped it. I know if I was the supervisor I would tell you whatever you wanted to hear to be able not to hear from you ever again. :)

Did that ever cross your mind? If it was a serious issue, the process would of took weeks not 6 months. You couldn't even prove shit if you wanted to. There is no paper work, no video evidence, no witnesses and this happened 6 months ago? Good Luck!

Like I said before you can hate all you want, all haters can join too. You're wasting your time, just fucking forget about it already. Jesus fucking Christ....

Think of it this way, it took you 6 months to get a response and you only probably talked to a desk Sergeant. Do you see what they're doing to you at least? Tossing you back and forth? Wasting your time?

Come on dude, you can't be that fucking oblivious.

15. If you have to deal with someone in "authority" like that again, be a polite asshole. It works wonders... Never give up more info than what they ask for. And even then, you don't have to answer their questions. I used to be in the military and I have told off Colonels that think they know my job better than me, irrespective of the fact that I spent 8 months in training for my job... So go ahead and tell me I don't know my own job... It's all about respectfully, politely, sarcastically, and tactfully reminding power abusers that they are in a position of accountability to us; not for themselves and their political agendas. Unfortunately, cops prey on white guys in a ghetto since they know the majority are scoring dope there. And when they didn't find anything it prolly just made the bitch cop angrier... Why can't we all just get along... :smoke: