I got illegally searched

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ThePhantom, Jul 1, 2010.

1. #61 MaDKroniK, Jul 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2010

Yes.

Unless it's rush hour, a white person has absolutely no business in a ghetto neighborhood. If you happen to see a white person in the hood late at night or going up and down the streets, you know what he's up to. He certainly isn't there to see a friend because his friend would of told him to keep his white ass out of there.

Most people won't like this either but that counts to. There are neighborhoods up here if you see a ghetto looking black dude you know exactly what hes up to.

Perfect example the Chicago Redline. This train cuts right up the middle of the city going north and south. Goes all the way to Howard street north then when you go all the way south it hits 95th. Now if you go all the way north it's Rogers Park, a not so nice part of the city. If you go all the way south you hit 95th, another not so hot spot in the city. In between these stops are some really good upper class parts of the city. Places where people have tons of money and thier property speaks for themselves. It costs $2.25 for a ride or you can just sneak past the lazy ass CTA attendants.

It's noon, most people are at work. Now you have people from the hood hop on the train to go to these good neighborhoods. They go up and down the blocks checking for open windows till they find one then rob them blind. Take anything they can fit in a pillow sack and run. They run back to the Redline and hop on the train never to be seen again till a week or two later to make another run. Same shit happens for Cubs games and people coming from the bars at night. They pick pocket and purse snatch. You have people waiting for drunks to try and steal thier jewelery off of them. Hustle as much money as they possible can from someone and then threaten people who don't help them out.

I know cops that specifically just ride around looking for people that don't belong in the area. It's a form of profiling but it certainly does help alot. It's very effective and 95% they end up getting someone who doesn't belong in the area.

If you don't belong in the area expect to be searched.

2. You obviously didn't read the link I posted about the 4th amendment and probable cause to search a vehicle without consent. Here is an excerpt from another website that spells out what the protocol is for probable cause in high crime areas:

(Taken from Probable Cause)

"...this source of probable cause is definitely not sufficient by itself..."

"...(a) the neighborhood has to have a notorious reputation; (b) there's a typical sequence of events; (c) there's flight or attempted flight; and (d) furtive movements are present."

In other words, being present in a high crime area DOES NOT alone give the police probable cause for a search.

As the other cops stated in the thread OP linked, the type of search they used was performed after asking for a consensual search. Why wouldn't they have just gone straight to the Terry search if they really felt they had probable cause?

The search was a violation of OP's fourth amendment right, plain and simple.

3. #63 MaDKroniK, Jul 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2010

It sure was but it sure as shit isn't as serious as everyone makes it sound to be. There are thousands if not millions of complaints like this daily nation wide. Nothing will come of this.

This isn't exactly a Rodney King moment...

Told you. :)

4. I know, I love seeing cops bitch at each other, it's so personally satisfying. Usually it's us vs. them, but when they get on each other, it's just funny.

Also, this is where my cops fucked up. I said "No", and they tried to do that Terry search shit. I've had fun learning about the law, talking to cops and lawyers, and reading cops bitching at each other. None of this would've happened if things hadn't gone down as they did.

5. Agreed. I'm just bitching for the benefit of those who don't seem to understand that this was a violation of OP's rights.

Sorry if I seem too srs bsns :p

6. post the forum that u saw the cops bitch at eachother, lol i'm baked and it would make me laugh to see pigs e-fighting

EDIT: saw it on the previous page, ^disregard rofl

7. Cant wait to see the outcome of this.

8. New information! My friend and I finally got around to actually checking my brakes. NONE OF THEM ARE OUT. The left one, right one, and middle one all work. There are two large reflectors, but they don't appear to have any lights in them. In any case, I know you don't need to have more than three brake lights. Doesn't this mean this was an illegal stop in addition to an illegal search? If so, this could get even more interesting.

Also, I would like to note that I understand this is nothing compared to the injustices that police give other people, such as brutality and the like. However, all injustice is something to be fought against, including this. And if police see that they keep getting complains when they do anything wrong, they'll have to stop.

Also, when I think about what could have happened if they'd found some weed on me... I could've been taken to a city jail, and that would have been truly horrible. I would've got off on the charge, but the experience, and having to have my mom pick me up from the city, would have been emotionally agonizing. Because of what could have potentially happened, I have a personal vendetta against this officer, who I felt had hate in her heart and deserves punishment of some sort.

9. Of course it happens, you know why? Because people let it, seriously think of it like this; if everyone filed a complaint every time an officer broke the law, well they'll be much less eager to break the law again right? Since apparently nobody polices the police then someone has to do it.

10. Why the fuck would you tell them You smoke and drank

11. This is what I was thinking the whole time while reading.

Self-Incrimination is never the way to go.

12. yeah.. you should have played like you were ghandi or jesus or someone who dosen't do anything wrong ever....

That being said, you should write your complaint out, make copies, send copies to the chief of police, the mayor, the sherrif if it was a county officer, the local newspaper, and anyone else that has connections like the mayor and such... I hope you got the names of every officer involved...

start sending letters once a month until you get a response...

13. Beat shit dude. A smililar thing happened to me. I live in catsonville, it's like 20 minutes away from Baltimore. But me, my ex boyfriend, and two other of my friends were behind a 7 11. Cop cars always drive up there and make sure kids aren't doing anything bad. We all smoked before this happened, so we were pretty high. We were all standing in a circle and the cop rolls up and asks us why we look like we're up to no good. He asked for id's cause we were all smoking cigarettes. Then he asked to search my ex first. He said no and he knows his rights and such. But they kepy insisting they needed to search him for weapons. So they end up searching us all and they found my ex's bowl, and a g of weed on him. So he got arrested. Bullshit right? They had no need to search us, seeing as though we weren't doing anything wrong. Sooo, i feel ya'. Fuck the police

14. Not probable cause, not in the slightest. You should learn the definition of PC, it's a legal term and has very definite parameters to be met.

15. probable cause can be anything they want it to be, they can say "well' i smell weed coming from your car!".

16. keep updating phantom!
    you got my support:D

17. There are organizations that do that, you just have to look into it. Here in Chicago its the OPS.

Is this your first bad run in with the police? I seriously can't believe that you're going in so much depth with this. You're stressing yourself out for nothing, over some bullshit. I could only imagine what you would say if they unholstered one of thier guns.

Just wait till the cops really treat you like trash, you might cry.

Cops have something they call a 'round file'. "Yes maam, we will look into it and place it in the round file". The round file is a garbage can...
    '
    BTW, it'll never stop. People have been doing this since the beginning of time. There has always been an issue between authority and the citizens and who usually comes out on top? ;)

18. In some states, yes. But in no state is it PC to pull someone over because they're driving through a shady neighborhood. Except maybe a Nazi state.

19. yep yep, probable cause=any reason to search your ass, such as stickers on the car...(music, pro-weed) and the way youre dressed

20. No, none of those things are legally recognized forms of PC. It's also VERY ILLEGAL to use any of them as grounds for a search.