Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I got high this time! w00t!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by PineappleVape, Sep 3, 2009.

1. #1 PineappleVape, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2009
    I've never smoked before and last night I tried out my new vaporizer and smoking for the first time. Here's what went down...

-I felt no immediate effect (10-15 seconds in) so I kept trying for up to an hour
    -I didn't really laugh at anything
    -Everything seemed normal i.e. my surroundings and such
    -I did feel mildly relaxed
    -Eventually I felt lightheaded when I walked
    -The back of my head felt like when someone rubs a balloon and makes your hair stand up on the back of your head
    -My mouth was somewhat dry but nothing extreme
    -I did sleep very well but I was already tired
    -The weed was shake weed mids
    -I think i'm inhaling properly using my diaphragm to breathe in

I thought that this might be a "high" but in the mildest form possible. Any advice, suggestions, help? I'm going to try again with my friend who's more experienced today.

EDIT! :D

so yeah, i just experienced my first high. i definitely now know what it feels like to be high. i was having trouble with my vaporizer earlier. it most definitely needs to be heated up for a while.

good stuff thanks for all the help and advice guys

*coming down*

2. This sounds like what happened to me when I smoked joints but was not inhaling properly (the first 1 or 2 times I smoked). I only got high a touch even though I smoked a lot, because I wasn't doing it right.

Then I learned to inhale and got stoned off my mind off 3 puffs. The newbie trick is, after you get a small hit (I'm assumign you were taking small ones as it's your first time), you gotta breathe in fresh air to push the weed vapor into your lungs. Breathe in as much as you can, hold it for 5-8 seconds, then let it out. If you take a huge hit where you just fill your lungs only with weed vapor/smoke, this is then unnecessary (and impossible since your lungs are full).

I'm not 100% sure that that's your problem since you're using a vape etc, but if you didnt feel weed right away smoking out of a vaporizer then SOMETHING must be wrong. Try it out and report back.

3. in my experiences if you have to ask if you got high you probably didn't. maybe you got a little buzz but didn't notice it because you're brand new to cannabis.

smoke again!

4. I was taking pretty big hits but maybe not inhaling properly. I'll try again tonight and let you know how it goes

5. Try to get better quality bud or do more of it in one session. Welcome to the site and to cannabis!

6. I think you also need to take into account that some people just don't get high the first time. My friend told me everything upfront about breathing in after I take the hit, not swallowing smoke, all that. I just didn't get high. They smoked me out too. They were completely fucked and I was just sitting there thinking to myself, "wow, I'm now high at all" lol. My buddy didn't get high his first time either and he was a cig smoker for 2 years prior to that, so he knew how to inhale properly. Not that smoking weed is like smoking a cigarette, it's just that he knew how to bring the smoke in his lungs and breathe in afterwards.

7. i had also thought of this, the true test will be tonight when my friend comes over. if she gets completely baked then i'll know i'm either A. doing something wrong or B. I don't know lol

8. ya man if you had a vaporizer and smoked for an hour and didnt get a noticable high then maybe you just didnt get high your first time. like people are saying just take your hit and breath in some fresh air to push it into your lungs. in my opinion i think its just you dont get high your first time always and im sure someone on the forums will explain in detail why ;P . so hit it again out of your vaporizer and report back. and by the way my good friend who smokes everyday didnt get high till i think he said his fourth time. so goodluck lol. hopefully you will know when it hits you,

9. A lot of people just don't get high their first or second time smoking..
    Takes a bit for the THC receptors to kick in or what? lol.

10. you'd know if you were high. trust me

11. If you have to ask youself "was I high ?" then you sir, were not high. Being realy high is a very noticable, trust me/us.

12. #12 Skald, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2009
    This. If you're wondering whether you're probably not. If you find you've forgotten what you were thinking about, you're high.

13. its was your first time too.
    around the 4th youll be getting baked.
    hopefully.

14. dude first two times i smoked i didnt get high, took me to my 3rd time. I was blowwn,never topped that high in my life and never will, so just sit back relax make sure your inhaling and get high

15. This is great advice, any time I smoke with someone else for the first time I tell them something a lot like this. Hell I even do it to this day because of how well it works. I like smoking with people for their first time with a bong because it makes inhaling very easy, just pull through the bong for a few seconds after its cleared.

16. Hey Pineapple, I think I may know why you didn't get that high. The trick here is that: you were probably inhaling normally, like you would a pipe, joint, blunt, bong, etc. However a Vape is a VERY different animal from any other smoke (or rather vapor in this case) delivery method. The trick to using a vape as effectively as possible (unless its a Volcano Vape, but I'm guessing its a standard vape) is to draw REALLY slowly, seriously, inhale very slowly, smoothly and evenly. Something similar happened to me the first couple of times I used my vape, but then I picked up all the little tricks and quirks about it.
    Also, I'm assuming you have the temperature on the vape set correctly to 330-355 degrees F?

Happy Toking!

17. i dont believe in not being able to get high their first time i think its all about inhaling
    my first time i had no idea what i was doing
    the easiest way to inhale to to take the hit in your mouth, so keep all the smoke in the just inhale like you were breathing then hold in for about 4 seconds then exhale
    repeat until fucked up

18. #18 PineappleVape, Sep 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2009
    i actually had it around 392 and the drawing in really slowly and steady worked for me. awesome stuff thanks! i'm fiddling with the settings to see what works best. i have the v-tower vaporizer

EDIT: If anyone has this vaporizer and knows how long to leave it heat up for and all the specs let me know please?

19. I smoked like 3 or 4 times and never got high. Said fuck it. Then I tried it one more time...I could barely walk! It was so amazing. My legs felt like rubber, and things were all slow. I have yet to have a high like that again.

20. PineappleVape, theres a thread here talking about the whole "everything i say is fictiscious" thing.

Long story short, its annopying and pointless, because unless you're a terrorist or somethings, pigs arent gonna do shit.

Nice name btw