I got high for the first time yesterday

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by DevilsAngel, Sep 21, 2016.

1. OK so I smoked Marijuana for the first time yesterday and I did it with 3 other people who actually knew what they were doing and I took 4 hits I think. I don't think they were that big tho but then I had to walk home and I lived like 2 miles away and it took me about 30 minutes I think then I got home and fell asleep. I think I got high but I don't know I felt kinda dizzy and everything seemed a bit slower but I didn't feel that different. Did I actually get high or did I not smoke enough? Was that a normal first time thing? The other 3 people I was woth seemed high but they might have smoked more than me. Did I do something wrong? I didn't cough at all.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Used to take me 5-10 hits during high school smoking times personally, now 4 years later after barely smoking it 1/4 of a gram gets me high and sleepy for nearly 10-12 hours. You don't learn much about what your body can handle from smoking once.

3. everybody is different man. like some get high there first time some need 3 times around... and me the high never settled till my 3rd time around. what I mean by settled is your mind getting accustom to it.

high some times can feel like a breath of fresh air just feel nice and take a look back to the scenery.

you. by what you said I don't think you got high. but time slowing down is one of the tips( doesn't always happen nothing to worry about) aswell did your vision go weird? like zooming in the camera but backing up simultaneously. as well music is so good stoned so if you gap to a song your high

aswell a warning point is if the roof of your mouth starts to tingle or pulsate... being a noob it would be wise to ride it out for a bit. as chain ripping the bong past that point can fuck you up( mostly the fealing of falling but not being scared that your falling?

4. You probably weren't... it took me maybe 5 or 6 times smoking before I actually felt it. Trust me, when it hits, it hits hard, and you will know you're high. Example: I didn't think anything was real because everything looked so crazy, and I kept trying to touch my friend that was standing near me (but out of reach), but when I extended my arm out to reach it looked like it extended twice as long.

Enjoy your first times smoking, they're always the best. For me, after a year it got to be less like a drug feel to more like a cigarette feel... I still can get baked, but it's just a normal thing you do. I'm at little over 3 years of daily smoking, but some good edibles still give me that "illegal substance/I'm on a mind altering drug" effect.

5. ya I can agree within a year its just mellows right out. now its something to do vs an major adventure

6. Most new smokers don't pull the smoke far enough into their lungs to absorb enough THC for a good buzz. You want to pull the smoke in just like a breath of air, not fill your mouth then kick it back. I used to have GF who just couldn't wrap her head around how to inhale. One day after she complained about how un-high she was I shotgunned a single hit into her mouth, making sure to actually 'push' the smoke into her lungs. She didn't have any issues getting high after that.

• Like Like x 2
  7. its not like smoking a cigarette first off,,, you have to inhale deeply into your lungs, not puff then inhale, slowly inhale the smoke like a normal breath, but thru the pipe.... if you do this and you dont get high, its shitty weed. 4 hits i would be baked as fuck my first time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Every experience depends on the type of weed smoked, the quality and age of that weed, and how YOU feel that day. If you were already tired or sleep-deprived, an Indica is going to knock you out.

A sativa would probably pick you up for an hour or so, then gradually wear off and mellow you out. If you don't know the type of weed you're smoking, you just have to deal with whatever the effects are.

First time most people don't even get high. Eventually you'll have that "AHA" moment when you smoke some really strong stuff and you'll realize what it's all about. Like getting laid, the first time usually isn't the best, it takes a little while to get good at it!

• Like Like x 1
  9. You didn't pull the smoke into your lungs. First time i smoked was mad long ago, my one homie was with me. Smoked a bowl and he said make sure you pull n if you dont pull good this time hit it until you do. He made sure i got high and it was top shelf shit. Tell your friends to step their game up. lol. I passed in and out for dumb long the first time i smoked. I fell in love with it after that. Youll know wen you do it right

10. The first time I smoked I didn't feel a thing. Stopped by the mall walked around for 30 after grabbing an orange julius. Went and hit it 5-10 more times and was blasted. When ever I see newbies smoking the usually are not inhaling deeply enough. Use your lungs to pull the hit (I know that sounds stupid lol). When someone is still having trouble I will usually hit air kinda demonstrating. Then open my mouth and inhale lIke I'm about to hold my breath. Usually results in them almost dying. But a few of those usually do the trick. Blunts I find the easiest for newbies.

11. first few times are rather intense or at least were for me.

12. How did you smoke it? Like joint, blunt, or pipe? I didn't get high my first time either.. Idk why. I don't remember how many hits I took I just remember I didn't get high. But my second time, I got FUCKED UP lol. As others have said, you need to inhale directly to your lungs. Do not suck the smoke into your mouth and then inhale the smoke, if that makes sense. After you get high a few times, you should google "how to build a bong" and do that. It will fuck you up even if your weed isn't very good. I wouldn't suggest doing it your first time though..

Also, if you build a bong, do not use any plastics or metals that can't be exposed to high temps... For some reason when I was a kid I thought a PVC pipe for a down stem was a perfect idea..... NOT. Good way to get cancer lol. Always be smart when you choose your materials to smoke off of.

I'm going to need to find what you're smoking..

Lmao dude I had a similar experience. Had to teach the gf how to hit a bong... Still to this day, I've never seen someone cough so much :love-m3j::love-m3j:

13. Natural non-mixture weed with a fuck ton of oil is priceless.

• Like Like x 1
  14. first time u get high off cannabis. It that unmistakable, strobe light effect, warbling sounds that at first u want to stop. Then love it :) yull know. Took me like 4 times

15. hmm first time i got high.

I was like 16. Only took like 2-3 hits off a blunt. It was like entering a whole new world. First things first it was literally impossible to stop smiling, I had the biggest freaking smile for at least 4 hours. My eyes were bloodshot red but didn't really feel any different. My mouth was dry like the sahara desert. After about an hour I was suckin on my water bottle and just laughing with my friends. Then all of a sudden I was hungry, I should say hangry but wasn't quite that bad. We all load into the car to head off to Taco Bell. 10 mins later we were choppin on tacos and life was good.

the only downside I had at the time was paranoia. It's hard to explain at first but it feels like the world knows you're high regardless if you look or feel high. You know you can just be driving down the road and see a police car and your heart will drop.

Nearly 16 years later I'm telling this story on a forum, while smoking a big dab. Rock on fellas.

16. Um I smoked it out of a bong. Next time I'll try and inhale into my lungs and see if I can get it right haha.

17. No I don't think my vision got wierd like zooming in and out and I didn't really listen to music cause I forgot my headphones at home and I fell asleep like right when I got home so like yeah.

18. keep at it bud....

19. It's pretty annoying watching people do that, especially when you try to explain but they just don't get it

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. My first time I didn't get high but the second time my friend made a can pipe and we got stoned af hope you get high af next time homie peace