Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I got caught... What do I do?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Four20Blazin, Aug 4, 2013.

1. So two days ago I got caught.. Someone found out, called my mum and told her everything. I knew this day would come but I didn't think it would have been this bad. I came home on thursday to find my whole room torn apart and all my deepest secrets exposed, they found multiple bongs, pipes, and a tiny bit of weed (I buy on Fridays so I was low on bud). From there Thursday night was the worst night of my life, I didn't know that weed would bring my parents to tears and so much frustration. I told them when I smoke and why I do it, naturally they didn't believe a word I said. Eventually they cooled off . Friday comes around and I'm not allowed to go to school (I'm a private school boy btw). I spent the day listening to my dad trying to convince me how bad it was, I didn't argue back I just accepted all he had to say and made him feel like I understood. Saturday comes and I go to band practice (I play in a metal band so that does not help with their understanding of drugs), when I come home it's like Thursday all over again, he finds two more pipes I forgot about 6 months ago and it starts again. He takes my phone basically reads every single Facebook message and text I have ever got. He sees everything. I'm completely out now and I have nothing, all my precious equipment is gone. My trust with them is also gone, I'm fucked. They are SUPER suspicious about everything and they care about me that much they want to move city's because they think I have bad friends. Truth is I am gonna cut down on the herb but Im not going to stop. What are your ideas of how to gain trust back, lower their suspicion and make them happy while I keep my smoking on the down low. I think it's a good time for a t-break until the heat is over. What do you think?

2. Honestly, it happens to everyone, no joking.

Theres tons of stoners on this board alot from families where bud is the worst thing on the planet.

It eventually blows over, takes weeks or months, but it does, and times do get better.

Remember it could always be worse, you could have gotten caught by police and been arrested, and thats how your parents find out, much worse scenario

I would lay low for now. I never really took a t-break when getting in trouble, just get smarter of how/when to do it, gain trust (every parent is different), and eventually it'll blow over

it can always be worse, and if you're doing it often, eventually they'll find out, so it was just a matter of time really

3. #3 The Egg Man, Aug 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2013
    it sucks that you're underage. I will say, blah boa blah you shouldn't be smoking underage, blah blah blah. but then... I'll be sympathetic because really, who hasn't been here. It happens to A LOT of teenagers and believe me, it's up to YOU how it affects your relationship with your parent. just show them that you can maintain grades, and responsibility.

MR beet me to the punch but yah, getting caught never meant stopping for me, it just meant being a lot smarter about it.

4. I'm not gonna be the age police but I can tell you've got to be close to 18. Once 18, your parents opinion really don't matter and they have to respect your decisions one way or the other. Just prove to them you can be successful and smoke weed.

5. Best advice I can think of is to 69 your girlfriend. Admittedly my advice is often poor.

6. If he goes to private school and his future is funded by his parents then uh yea... his parents opinion matters.... Seriously though if i was you and family was in the situation where i had better things to focus on then weed as a child i would focus on those things. Medical marijuana is amazing and I'm an avid supporter but I still don't think you should be all that worried about weed when you're still young get through primary schooling and start college then start experimenting with things imo. Seen many friends burn out at a young age started with smoking blunts ends with narcotics and they're completely brain dead.

7. You could show em a movie like The Union: The Business Behind Getting High. Yes some of you have probably seen it. But its worth a shot. Tell em to be grateful your smoking a harmless herb that has almost nothing but benefits. Tell them to please understand your not some meth head about to od or something crazy like that. Whatever you do DO NOT argue or raise your voice. You never know if their willing to gradually understand your smoking but as soon as you bitch your parents out it doesn't matter how harmless the herb is, they'll see your obviously not old enough to be a responsible person plus be fucking pissed if you do bitch them out. Calm cool collective.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. You should get the fuck off GC because you're a minor.

-Red Dog

9. Really?  Get over yourself.

10. Sounds to me like you might want to listen to them because you are about to fight a battle you cant win right now.

11. Best bet is to keep smoking and prove to your parents that you can be normal and successful while being a stoner.

12. Yea I always thought I was smart enough to never get caught, obviously not. I believe them when they say I'll be sent off to boarding school if I keep smoking, it's not that their cunts it's just I think they love me to much to see me "destroy my body". It will be impossibe to smoke and expect them to be ok with it. It was a wake up call for me, I'm gonna lay off having multiple pieces till I have my own place. I can keep it low for a few years then I'll enjoy myself. The only way for everyone to be happy in my situation is to keep it low and make them think I'm clean. Thanks for the advice, it's helping a lot.

13. I also got caught, twice in the same week...

I promised to my parents that I'll stop but you just gotta plan when will you be smoking, where, etc...

Usually I toke only when I'm 100% sure that i'm free 4hours straight, so when I come back home, I'm not stoned anymore.

Anyway, I respect the decision you'll take.

Keep rocking buddy!  :metal:

14. #14 Pie Romania, Aug 4, 2013
    I had a horrible child hood (before 10 years old) that ended up placing me with my grandparents. No flipping out when they found out or anything thankfully (my grandmother is a great woman). Anyway, back to what I was going to say; It's unfortunate that so many people are uneducated in regard to cannabis. If they are reasonable people and willing to listen to their child without writing them off due to a bunch of BS they were fed that is completely untrue, show them facts about cannabis that are beneficial to your health, facts that "de-bunk" the lies that have been shoved down people's throats for far too long and believe things they hear without properly educating themselves, and most of all, prove to them that even though you consume, you can still be trusted/reliable, responsible and focused on the things that are vital to you at your age (academics/sports/decision making/etc). Be calm & collected, don't yell/raise your voice and speak to them clearly. If they can listen to you, you can listen to them. However, I'm unsure if any of this can be expected given your OP. Wish I could help, but a saying that I use to this day, "Expect the worst and hope for the best" rings true to this (and many other situations). If, by some miracle, they are willing to listen to you, speak to them honestly, apologize for disrespecting/deceiving them (for bringing it into their house when you knew the reaction you would get) and seriously lay it all out there for them. I was lucky enough to have an understanding grandmother and I hope your parents are willing to at least listen.

Good luck.

15. Show them Granny Storm Crows list on here, show how it isn't dangerous, but healthy, even for those who use it recreationally.

16. Yeah, don't worry too much. It's just overly concerned parents but as long as they love you it'll be alright.

17. Bro, tell them if they don't like it, they can move out.

18. Nice job. Calling me a fag and then telling me to get over myself is a little contradictory, no?

-Red Dog

19. #19 thereddog, Aug 4, 2013
    [quote name="Four20Blazin" post="18456408" timestamp="1375594794"]Yea I always thought I was smart enough to never get caught, obviously not. I believe them when they say I'll be sent off to boarding school if I keep smoking, it's not that their cunts it's just I think they love me to much to see me "destroy my body". It will be impossibe to smoke and expect them to be ok with it. It was a wake up call for me, I'm gonna lay off having multiple pieces till I have my own place. I can keep it low for a few years then I'll enjoy myself. The only way for everyone to be happy in my situation is to keep it low and make them think I'm clean. Thanks for the advice, it's helping a lot.[/quote]Listen, man. Believe your parents when they talk about boarding school. They wont tell you about it, but in order to get into a "boarding school", you have to go through a "wilderness program.". Wilderness programs lightly resemble Army Special Forces training, without the guns or parachuting. Pretty much just a pile of suck. And if you're a minor, theres NOTHING you can do about it.Listen, I went through this shit. Please dont test the waters with your parents on this one.-Red Dog

20. Thanks, bro.
    -Red Dog