I got caught by the "man" last night :)

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by kms brown, Mar 21, 2008.

1. So my smoking started at 2 in the afternoon yesterday and all was going great, driving around with the top down laughing our asses off because we were lost in some neighborhood and kept finding one dead end after another. After I drop those friends off and go to turn in another friend calls me. So I agree to chill with him, but he was very adamant about me bringing my bong so i did.

We drove around smoking bowls till it got dark and found a place to smoke. We busted out the bong smoked 4 bowls out of it then put it in his trunk and started to head home while smoking bowls.

We stopped at the local gas station because had had business to attend to so his girl friend met us there and picked me up for a ride home. I hopped into her car with the bong at my feet. We make the first turn on to the high way and I spot a sheriff waiting to turn on to the high way.

I tell the driver and she says "oh what ever". Then the sheriff starts tailing us and she starts to freak out telling me that the plates on her car are for her old car that was recked a weeks ago by a drunk driver.
    So the cop starts fucking with us riding our ass, then acting like hes gonna pass, then slowing down and getting back on our ass.
    So i take the bong and pick it up with my feet and pass it to my hands then shove it up under my hoody next to my ribs. After 5 minutes of this he finally pulls us over. Everything is going fine she explains to him the accident and the plates and he seems understanding. Then all of a sudden theres a cop knocking at my window. So I roll it down and he asks me for my name and identification so I give it to him.

Then he says "so how much have you smoked tonight?" like he was asking me the time.

I recall my dad telling me "Lie to the cops not matter what when it comes to marijuana unless they already have solid evidence against you." So I look the cop in the eyes and tell him none. He then says "Look man I can smell it, your slurring your words, your showing all the symptoms, and I've been doing this for 8 years." So I quickly reply " I don't smell like anything, symptoms?, and I am definitely not slurring my words."
    This is when he starts to look a little pissed and says "I'll be right back" and leaves with my license. He comes back and looks really pissed because the only thing on my record was a curfew ticket from a while back. He then says " Your lying to me and I know it, you've been shaking since you were first pulled over. " I cut him off mid sentence and say " Shaking? what do you mean shaking?". He replies in a angry tone " Shaking like your scared cause you have something to hide." So I snap back " I'm shaking because i just jumped into a cold car in cold weather so I was cold.
    Your wearing a beanie and winter coat. The car just heated up and im not shaking now am I? Wouldn't you think I would be shaking more now that your talking to me?".

He looks really pissed at this point and says "Look if you tell me now I wont charge you as hard." Now i know that marijuana is decriminalized and since this is my first offense I will only get a ticket. So I tell him "I dont have a thing." Then he shouts at me " That was a mistake" and walks back to his car.

Then they start questioning the driver and ask us to exit the vehicle. So as I stand up the bong falls out of my hoody onto the seat. I put my hands up and say " Ok fellas the jig us up, I have a present for you in the front seat". The cop quickly grabs my hands and puts them behind my back as the other cop pulls the bong out of the car. I then tell them that the slide is in my pocket so they go to search me. While digging through my pockets he found a bunch of candy wrappers and cracked a smile.

When the original cop walked up I engaged him first " Sir I was lying to you earlier and I apologize for that" He then smiles at me and says thank you. Then they got really cool and sat their lecturing the driver about something else. While thats happening the other cops are telling me that this isnt that big of deal and they have all been in this situation once. So i make small talk as they fill out my ticket for 110 bucks and a mandatory court date. As I'm signing the ticket the questioning cop told me that since I came clean he wasn't going to give me the class two misdo meaner of with holding information. So I say thank you and they take my bong and part ways.

But what the fuck is with holding information?

Isn't that the same as pleading the fifth?

Editing done by Dangermouse

2. holy wall of text batman.

and its not "pleading the fifth" when

a. you admit that you were lying.

b. they find the shit that you "didnt have".

pleading the fifth only applies to the courtroom, imo.

you do have the right not to say anything and stare him in the face, but thats no good either sometimes.

3. wow so dude wat happened to the driver? tell me more :eek:

4. always crackin under pressure

5. Candy wrappers? what the hell is wrong with you. You're lucky you got a cool cop. Here in my town, your ass can get locked away with candy wrappers in your pocket.
    Good thing you got off easy though. I'll eat a snickers for you.

6. QFT:eek:
    I wasn't going to strain my eyes trying to read it at all, but I really like the bust-type stories so I copied and pasted it into wordpad, put paragraphs in and then read it.

Here it is for anyone that wants it..

It's weird that he got so pissed off and worked up about it at first when it's decriminalized, I guess it's cos you were "lying to him" or something..meh...they shouldn't be so touchy about it..:D

If you were somewhere else you could get booked for that...You got off pretty well I think, but court will probably suck.

Hope it goes well anyway man:), congrats on not getting taken in.

7. Fuck that, I would want my bong back.

but seriously, you got off lucky.

8. your lucky he didn't charge you with more since you were making him mad lol

9. +rep. you are a lifesaver. :hello::p
    OP- crazy story, man. was the slide surrendered upon search?

10. thats weak dude.

It is for that reason that I don't like a bong in a car. But not to say i don't do it. But what I prefer to do is to drive to a safe place, toke a bit outa the bong, and then put it in the trunk.

As far as lying to the cop about being high, I would have too. And I also probably would have also been shaking. And said the same shit you said about being cold, but cops know when your high.

I have no problem lying to a cop about being high though. Pot stays in your blood for a long time, so any positive drug test for pot just proves that your a smoker, it doesn't prove that you were smoking while you were in the vehicle. For that they need evidence.

One time I was in the wrong spot at the wrong time, the pigs had road blocked a street we were walking down to go get some munchies, and the cops were just looking for a bunch of runners. He looked at me and was like man your heart rate is way up there, can I see your ID. Why are you so nervous. I was just like I'm from the small town and all this doesn't happen out there so often. I don't think the cop was satisfied with that answer, but at that moment his buddy on the radio said something about the guys that they were looking for, and so he told us to keep going.

I thought that the cop was gonna throw me in the back of his vehicle just because I was trippin. lol actually before we even got to that road stop I was already trippin. I was visitin my buddies and we had just smoked up some real good shit. And then they instantly wanted to go walking. But it was midnight, and they wanted to go cross the park, and through the back way. For some reason right as I was crossing the park, I like stoped dead and was like no man. I'm not going this way. Let's go the other way. i don't wan to take this back road. Somethings not right. I actually bitched about it for a little bit and they just were like you pussy. lol but as we were walking down the street I looked over at the one house and there was 4 guys with shot guns and two people on their knees getting their hands zip tied. After that my heart rate was through the roof. and kinda wanted to get the fuck out of there. I guess good thing we didn't run.

11. The fifth amendment basically says you don't have to say anything self-incriminating, where it is in court or to a police officer. That is what they are saying when you are read your Miranda rights.

At any rate, he was just trying to scare you with the charge of "witholding information." If they asked you if the DRIVER was high and she was and you kept saying no, then maybe, but you do not have to say anything that could incriminate you.

12. Man i hated bringing that bong in the car especially since we can sit at my house and toke with it. But my friends all insisted and I didnt have bud so I was in quite the predicament.

I was not shaking in fear lol, it was cold, I live in colorado and its spring. In the spring its warm in the sun but still freezing balls at night. Hence the reason the officer was wearing a beanie and winter jacket.

Prime decision, snickers are a melting pot of ecstasy that disolves in your mouth.

13. Well the driver got charged with having two bags, and paraphernalia. Plus a ticket for the plates.

It turns out that her previous boss had fired her and then claimed she had stolen over a grand worth of clothes. So the same cop that was questioning me was the same cop that got to search her house for the stolen clothes.

Upon searching the house he found weed and shrooms. So they took those, gave her a ticket, and confiscated most of her clothes.

Ive known this girl since I was but a wee lad because she was my neighbor for 8 years of my child hood and has always lived in the same town as me. So I know that she didnt steal the clothes and shes just having bad luck.

Ive decided that she is nothing but dead weight with chains and grappling hooks.

14. It has nothing to do with "pleading the fifth".

Pleading the fifth protects your right aginst self-incrimination (Fifth Amendment of the United States Constitution). It basically means you don't have to give law enforcement evidence that could be used against you in a court of law.

15. I wasnt talking about the fact that I was lieing.I meant with holding information. If you plead the 5th are you not with holding information?

16. nice story man

17. This is why bongs shouldn't travel!