I got caught by a police helicopter

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by B ran420, Feb 10, 2013.

1. I can't even believe this happened to me last night. So me and some buddies of mine were headed to a basketball game and i was the one driving. So i'm cruising down the interstate when my friend says "lets see what this cars got" I was reluctant at first because of the traffic, but once i had a nice open lane in front of me, i "showed him what my car had". I scanned around to make sure there were no cops around and there wasn't.

So i hit about 90 mph and all the sudden this police helicopter starts shining his spotlight on my car. At this point i'm like "oh fuck, he saw me speeding!" So i slow way down to the speed limit thinking he was maybe warning me? Nope. He kept following me with his spotlight on my car for the next mile until i decided to get off the interstate. So i take the exit ramp and come up to a red light. The helicopter STILL had my car in the spotlight as i was sitting at the red light, so at that point i knew i was going to get caught.

I took a right when the light turned green and wasn't even driving for a minute before i got pulled over by a police car. As soon as i was being pulled over, the helicopter shut the spotlight off and flew off, so I KNOW he was the snitch. The cop told me that the helicopter saw me excessively speeding blah blah blah, and gave me a ticket for excessive speeding and reckless driving. So now i have court in about month.

2. Well that's an epic fail if I've ever seen one.

3. Damn bruh I drive a jet black Prius, no one fucks with me.

4. That sucks dude, good luck dealing with that shit.

This reminds me of a thread from a couple years back where a guy and his buddies were blazing in central park and they got caught by a police helicopter, that was some funny shit... :smoking:

5. shoulda footed it :smoking:

6. Whoa the police helicopter was the snitch? You don't say!

7. Fuckin snitch, yo...

hint: when doing your cop scan, look up too. Chances are if you live somewhere populated, they have a guy in the air.

My buddy and I almost got busted smoking because of a police helicopter... but the cops popped up too quick before we got our session going, so we just got questioned a bit and then they left.

8. yup. The helicopter was the snitch.

9. Happened to a friend of mine as well. But he was on a motorcycle being ridiculous.

10. I never really thought twice about getting caught by a helicopter. I mean, i know we have them in my city, but i thought they used it for more serious crimes rather than speeding. But hey you lucked out! At least they didn't come later

11. Tons of highways in the us are air patrolled to catch people just like you

12. Lucky for you it wasent an un-maned drone ;)

13. Yeah, it's a bit disappointing that they're spending that much money to catch the occasional speeder. They should just leave the helicopter grounded until it's actually needed.

And yeah we did! At first I was like "wtf, why did it just get bright?", then I saw the helicopter so we just kinda stood there. Right after that, I'm not even joking, a cop came walking out of the bushes like 20 feet away. It was weird. Turns out they were looking for a two males who had just raped a girl in the area.

14. the company I work for makes most of them. Most states have around 5 but they have multiple uses, not just radar.

15. Lmao Bro that's really serious though

16. to be honest mane, I don't think the helicopter was the snitch..

17. just dont speed again, fun shits like this molds decisions in the future .

18. Wow that's fucked dude. If this happened in the US that's really sad; another example of a police state.

19. holy shit i honestly never heard that happening to someone lmao that's some bad luck if i ever seen it. where you live op?

20. been in the same sitaution as yours

if that helicoper cop shows up to court you loose. if he dose not you win

he observed you.
    however the other guy wrote the ticket. he cant tesify that he saw you speeding