I got another dog this weekend

Discussion in 'General' started by AmsterdamdreamN, Jan 27, 2004.

1. I have mentioned my dogs a few times before. For those of you lucky enough to miss those posts, I'll give a quick review. Almost 2 years ago, I had my 14 yr old Rottie die on me. A few months after that, I got a new Rott. pup. The first story I told about him, was when he was about 3 or 4 months old. There was a couple females across the street. And when ever they would go into heat, it would make my pup do things he just quite didn't understand. During this time, we almost changed his name to 'Sir Hump Alot' He only weighed about 10 pounds at the most. But if anything happened to get between his front legs, off he'd go, humpity, humpity humpity And by anything, I mean anything. Blankets, towels, rugs, throw pillows, shoes, our old females head..... And he'd always have that look on his face..... Like 'What in the hell am I doing??? What is going on here?'' While the female was wondering what the little thing was trying to accomplish. As of now, that little Rottie is weighing 95 pounds. And luckily, the dogs across the street have moved, and he's grown out of that stage.

About six months after that, we pet-sitted for a friend of my G/F, and ended up with a big orange long haired cat. We think hes about 15 or 16. Onslo, ( My Rottie ) was fascinated by this cat. He would not leave the poor thing alone. But the cat wasn't as happy about his new friend. So me and my G/F got the bright idea that another younger cat ( or dog ) would be better company. So down to the Humane society we go. There wasn't any smaller dogs there that we liked, so we picked out a cat. The lady there, says that for an extra 10 bucks we can have one of its siblings. So we ended up leaving there with 2 solid grey kittens. Onslo was so happy. lol It probably took him a week to realise there were two of them. He'd chase one behind the couch, and then the other one would come out from behind a chair. He'd go after that one, only to see it behind the curtain across the room next. I know he was thinking.....'Damn, thats one fast cat!'

So here we were Friday night, with two Rotties, two verry mischevious cats, and one very grumpy mass of orange hair that likes to call itself a cat, when the phone rings. It was my brother. He's been pretty sick lately as some of you know. ( He is A LOT better, in case anyone wondered. ) He calls and says he got me and my G/F's X-mas/my B-day present. ANd I need to get down ther to get it. He wouldn't tell me what it was, but he said he was having a pretty hard time handling of it. And I needed to get down there to get it. ( about a 4 and a half hour drive )

So I drive down there Sat. morning. Knowing that we were expecting a sleet and ice storm, I had to make it a quick trip.

I get down there to find that he remembered my g/f said she wanted a pug. We were planning on getting one when we moved, or when our oldest Rott passes. So I walked in to him handing me a 6 week old pug puppy. I stay with my bro and visit for a few hours, and then I'm out the door with the newest addition to our family. He IS one of the cutest things I've ever seen. And everyone in the house is enamored with the little fella. We have a cage for him. And if he squeeks or anything, the cage is circled by all the critters. Everyone in the house has turned into a mother hen. When the pup cries, they all cry. When we let him out to play, he'll chase Onslo around. It's funny watching a 5 pound pup, that can't even run without falling on his face every couple feet, chasing a 90 pound Rott.

Oh, by the way, his name is Richard.

2. sweet man... i love rotts, never been lucky enough to own a pet since i was like 4. when i get my own place ill get a dog though.

3. That's cool, Amsterdam! There's nothing cuter than a puppy. :D I love my dog but I miss him being a pup. He was fat with a lot of extra skin and he was too lazy to stand up. LOL! Not too much has changed! What did you name the new baby???

I'm glad your bro is better. Thanks for the update inside the puppy story. :)

4. LOL............ I should have made myself clearer. The new pup's name is Richard. LOL......... I had said a while back, I hated when people gave their pets human names. But we are getting our pets names from a particular place.

Just out of curiosity, can anyone think of where I got the last two dogs names? The last two are named 'Onslo and Richard. I have a feeling though, that one of our British brethren here will be the one to guess. One final hint............... Our next dog will be named either Rose, Daisy, or Hyacinth.