I got a return email from my congressman regarding HR2306

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by staple, Jul 20, 2011.

1. I wrote to my congressman asking him to supporting HR2306 and here is the response he gave me:

"Thank you for contacting me regarding the legalization of marijuana. I appreciate your thoughts on this very important issue and the opportunity to respond.

As you may know, marijuana is a Schedule I substance under the Controlled Substances Act. Schedule I drugs are classified as having a high potential for abuse and are not recognized as having accepted medical use in treatment in the United States. They are also classified as having a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug even under medical supervision.
    On June 23, 2011, Congressman Barney Frank introduced the Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011, House Resolution 2306. This bill seeks to eliminate the words 'marijuana' and 'tetrahydrocannabinols' from Schedule of Controlled Substances. If passed, it would legalize the use of marijuana and allow states to develop their own rules on the drug's use within their borders.

I support the continued classification of marijuana as a controlled substance and disagree with the arguments that it is harmless and should be classified in a manner similar to alcohol. As such, I am opposed to this legislation."

2. what state is this? whose your congressman?

3. At least weed has an autoresponse

4. It is sooooooo freaking important to vote.. i cannot stress that enough

5. Congressman Michael Coffman (R CO)

6. What if weed was slightly altered? Can we consider it not being weed, and smoke it legally like homegrown and composited grass with a green hue.

7. I don't know, I guess you'd have to look into the law more.

If it's THC that is illegal than no, because without the THC you wouldn't have all the great things cannabis offers. But if marijuana is illegal, not specifically THC then yes?

8. If weed is altered chemically, no it's not weed. The same way that if poppies are altered, it's not simply opium, could be a much stronger/different drug.

9. I would still want the same tetrolhydrocannabinal that I always have without it it becomes thcless cannabis = not cool

10. That was probably he secretary writing you back to be honest. They don't give a shit about what people have to say, especially if its about weed.

11. Yet the pharmaceutical companies sell a pill containing synthetic THC (the main psychoactive substance found in the cannabis plant) for medicinal purposes.

12. #12 Storm Crow, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2011
    "That was probably he secretary writing you back to be honest. They don't give a shit about what people have to say, especially if its about weed."

Medical marijuana legalization getting new life at Statehouse - Springfield, IL - The State Journal-Register

Medical marijuana legalization getting new life at Statehouse

\tIllinois House Republican leader Tom Cross’ change of heart could mean a change in the prospects for medical marijuana in Illinois.
    \tCross, R-Oswego, had opposed the legislation in the past, but changed his mind after hearing from constituents and members of the medical community, spokeswoman Sara Wojcicki said. Cross’ position does not represent that of the rest of the Republican caucus, she said.

:hello: :yay: :hello: :yay: :hello:

I believe that the constituents and members of the Illinois medical community just might disagree with you! :poke: ;)

AND he is going against Republican Party Policy!!! :eek:

Those letters are noticed- if there are enough of them! There are over 400,000 blades in GrassCity- WE can be a POLITICAL POWER! :gc_rocks:

Look, it's EASY! Just register to vote, and buy some stamps. Then bookmark your local politicians addys! You can find them ALL here!

Contact Elected Officials: USA.gov

Being an activist can be as simple as making a form letter (they do it to us all the time, - turn-about is fair play! :p )

Dear Representative _______

I strongly support HR 2306, the Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011, on purely medical reasons. Here is one of my reasons-

Key Marijuana Compound Beats Current Alzheimer's Drugs in Test-Tube Study
    \t\t\tBy \t\t\tDaniel J. DeNoon
    WebMD Health News
    \t\t\tReviewed by \t\t\tLouise Chang, MD

Oct. 6, 2006 -- THC, the key compound in marijuana, may also be the key to new drugs for Alzheimer's disease. That's because the marijuana compound blocks the formation of brain-clogging Alzheimer's plaques better than current Alzheimer's drugs.

The finding -- in test-tube studies -- comes from the lab of Kim Janda, PhD, director of the Worm Institute of Research and Medicine at Scripps Research Institute.

"While we are certainly not advocating the use of illegal drugs, these findings offer convincing evidence that THC possesses remarkable inhibitory qualities, especially when compared to [Alzheimer's drugs] currently available to patients," Janda says in a news release.

"Although our study is far from final, it does show that there is a previously unrecognized molecular mechanism through which THC may directly affect the progression of Alzheimer's disease."

Janda's team found that THC blocks an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase, which speeds the formation of amyloid plaque in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease.

The Alzheimer's drugs Aricept and Cognex work by blocking acetylcholinesterase. When tested at double the concentration of THC, Aricept blocked plaque formation only 22% as well as THC, and Cognex blocked plaque formation only 7% as well as THC.

"THC and its analogs may provide an improved [treatment for] both the symptoms and progression of Alzheimer's disease," the researchers conclude.

Your name
    A register voter

Send one email, then print up a copy and send it snail-mail! An email is counted as the "voice" of 10 voters. A "snail mail" letter counts as 100 "voices". You have just become the voice of 110 voters! :D

Should take you all of a couple of minutes! Do it once a week! Smoke that first Friday night joint and write your politicians! :smoke: Pop it in the mail and with a little luck, it will be waiting for them on Monday morning! Make a pest of yourself- it's for a good cause! :bongin:

Granny :wave:

13. colorado?? lol doesn't she see how it runs in her own state?

gotta love the ignorance

14. I got a similar response from Daniel Webster R. my congressman here in Fl. Just goes to show how out of touch with their constituents that they are. Remember this when it is time to vote.

15. Those congressmen who continue to oppose are either unbelievably blinkered, incredibly ignorant or in the pockets of the pharmecutical industry. Maybe even all three.

In the end, the tide of history will sweep them away. The pro-MJ/tolerant crowd are a demographic that will not go away and is growing stronger year by year.

In the end, these political clowns will be an irrelevance.

16. Not nessesarily true, the THC does offer alot and get you high, but CBD actually offers a whole lot more. just without the high.

17. When can you go and vote on this??

18. THANKYOU someone else is saying the same damn thing I say.

Stupid ass motherfuckers in the government, how the fuck can you say it has no medicinal value yet its already been approved BY the government??
    the pill is called marinol

19. Yep! and I will go even further and kick it up a notch!

Unlike cannabis, the Schedule 3, synthetic THC, MARINOL HAS KILLED! 4 deaths have been due directly from Marinol!

Deaths from Marijuana v. 17 FDA-Approved Drugs - Medical Marijuana - ProCon.org See chart B. Anti-Emetics.

In the "health food community" it is well known that the synthetic version of a vitamin is not always equal or identical to the natural product!

Vitamin E- the natural is D- Alpha tocopherol, while the synthetic is DL-Alpha tocopherol. That means the natural vitamin spirals toward the right, while the synthetic can spiral either left or right. Ever try to use a tool made for a "lefty"? Your body feels the same about many left spiraling molecules!

Vitamin "C" is easy to tell the difference between natural and synthetic versions- they crystallize in different patterns if you look at them under a microscope. If the crystals are not identical, the chemicals are not identical!

Natural cannabis, Schedule 1, has NEVER KILLED! Not in that written report, nor any other dating back over 4,000 years- cannabis has never killed by overdose! You may die from choking on it trying to get rid of your stash, or if a bale falls on your head, but NEVER will you die from a natural cannabis overdose!

"how the fuck can you say it has no medicinal value yet its already been approved BY the government??"

It's more than "approved"- by holding the rights to Patent #6630507, the government admits to the medical benefits of cannabinoids as an antioxidant and neuroprotectant and will get the money it brings in as a medicine!

(Not even mentioning all those patents held by the top gov. pot grower, Dr. ElSolhy!)

US Patent 6630507 - Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants
    (full - 2003) (Assignee (owner)- the US GOVERNMENT!)
    \tCannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants - US Patent 6630507 Full Text

The synthetic kills, the gov holds a medical patent on a drug it says has "no medicinal value", and we are all criminals in the eyes of the feds!- pretty messed up!

Granny

20. thought they said that back in the 70s :hide: