i got a really good question lol

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by kotton420, Jul 2, 2007.

1. well can you top a plant then fim it? will i get more bud?

2. You will not get more bud , in effect dude u might lose some bud because. The leaves sorounding it act a little like a sheild, if removed your bud yould be more suseptible to sunburn a little insects. Good luck Growing

3. Lol...

I usualy start training my plants after the 3rd or 4th node, anything after that the stem is starting to get pretty strong and you risk snapping it. Topping can be done anywhere around this time also, usualy the 4th or 4th node.
    As to what thebonzai said... his reply was completey oposite of what happens. Training a plant with lst will allow the branches to recieve better sun penatration and that only could equal good things. For topping or FIMing, it also increases the ammount of product you are going to reciever at the end also, instead of getting 1 cola, you will get several, doing this continuiously with the propper training like LST you will yeild twice as much as a plant (maybe even more) that hasnt been trained or topped.
    Look around the board in the stickeys, there are pictures and good details on how to do it and just what it does for your plant (basicly what i explained)

4. What is training and what deos it do?

5. ^Why are you giving advice if you don't know what your talking about. I'm not trying to be mean but it is very easy to mess up someones investment by doing this.

What Satan said (haha that sounds familiar) is correct. When you fim a budsite you usually take/cut about 80% of the new growth and the top splits and boom you have two tops or colas. When you top the plant you simply remove the newest set of growth and the same occurs. Now how many times you can do this usually depends on what the strain can take so dont go crazy. Dier has a great sticky on this and I would suggest a thorough read. Some say that fimming is actually superior because it doesnt slow the plants growth, but I can't tell the difference either way. LST or Low Stress Training is as explained above and I would also recommend the sticky on that as both of those have great illustrations that will walk you through the process. Hope this helps.:smoke:

6. Exactly what i was thinking when i saw the reply, just didnt want to say it first so i just hit the back button... lol
    There are many stickeys in this, if not all growing forums on the site about FIMing / topping, and LST training, with pictures and detailed info on every step.