I got a question about my new workout routine

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Farm Dawg, Nov 23, 2011.

1. #21 Dissec, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2011
    Heres 2:

Crazy jacks, like a jumping jack but when you jump you tuck your knees up to your chest, and clap your hands below them, they become hell.

Side (lateral) jumps: Get something to jump over, during wrestling we had our partner next to us on their knees and elbows, then jump over them from the side (you both should be facing the same way, you just jump over them), for 1 minute and try to get as many reps as possible.

Edit: and yea basketball can definitely be intense no doubt, I was referring to how most players that I've known don't have very good workout schedules. Although I guess if my parents weren't both professional lifters and my dad being a trainer I would have been doing the shitty baseball workouts we had.

2. You shouldn't make up your own routine. There are several things wrong with that routine if you are trying to gain mass.

3. you should do sprints too. do some shuttle work. like full out 5 secs foward then back to the start. rest for 30-45 secs then do it again. like 5-10 times depending on your fitness. oh, and make sure youre warmed up before doing this.

4. So what happens when you stop consuming those supplements? What happens when he ages 20-30 years? I know for a fact that he will always have the need to eat food.

He can get as big and as strong as he needs to get without supplements. All supplements do is bloat you up. Real gains come from hard work and a healthy diet. Men were a lot bigger and stronger before the time of supplements. So how did they get to where they got without supplements? Yet gym rats need to down supplements to barely get close to what men used to be... come on dood.

And plus, what does size do? Size does nothing but get in the way of your body functioning normally and makes girls view you as a meathead freak. You can get as big as you want, but you'll never be as strong or as deadly as Bruce Lee.

Strength > Size

5. Keep stacking your pills and powders... you'll never have this strength and power. But hey, I bet you're a lot bigger than him! So at least you got some form of illusion to be happy about..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHKb0kuTiGw]Bruce Lee 1 inch punch and 2 finger pushup.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

6. I'm not trying to get crazy mad big but I do want to put on some mass.

7. awesome post!!!

8. You know nothing about supplementing its obvious. You don't just see gains in size, you gain strength, speed, and endurance. You use a supplement to... guess what? Supplement a healthy diet.

Men were not alot bigger and stronger before supplements, thats just a stupid thing to say.

I didn't say to slack off because of supplements, I guess you can throw your logical fallacies around and keep stating your opinion, but its a fact supplements will help anyone seriously lifting. Also, they don't bloat you.

Actually I'm pretty strong and fast, not like Bruce Lee but if you'd like I can dig up some wrestling video's from last year to show you how much of a dominating force I was and am.
    Rubbermaid - CFL - Haze Strains
    [​IMG] Dissec

9. I think taking supplements is a very debatable issue. The only supplements I would take is maybe creatine and a multi-vitamin.

I took supplements for a long time and didn't notice any difference then when I wasn't taking any. And that shit cost hella money.

10. #30 Dissec, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2011
    I noticed alot of gains from creatine, during my powerlifting cycle I gained about 10 pounds pretty quickly (about a week) on a load phase. During wrestling I didn't gain weight (I was losing it) and got way stronger. You've gotta do it right, with the right kind of creatine though.

There are plenty of other good supplements though, some are for size, strength, energy, endurance, etc.

Sorry about my previous post, accidentally copied and pasted my link's title

Oh, and for the record, Bruce Lee did use supplements.

11. #31 Sovereign Psyche, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2011
    You can only get as big as the extra calories you are willing to consume.

Really, it depends on what you mean by "normally." You can condition your body to do many things.

I doubt Bruce Lee could compete in the worlds strongest man contest, and I'd love to see him fight an MMA champion; it'd probably be a good fight.

Any extra advantage Bruce Lee would have over an MMA muscular person would be because of mental and other central nervous system training. Perhaps a little stretching.

Muscle mass and strength are positively correlated.

Thing is, I'm sure Bruce Lee understood all this. He ate a lot of protein to get bigger. Hence eating raw eggs before and after training.

12. I'm aware of what supplements do, and I'm aware that no one needs supplements to get as strong as they want to. It's all in your mind. If you think you need supplements to reach your goal, so be it, I won't stop you from falling victim to marketing strategies.

Back to your original statement "I'd love to see a diet as good as a strong workout stack."... take a look at man before 1950.

/argument

13. lmao

Bruce Lee never had goals of getting bigger. Have you ever seen an image of Bruce Lee? The dood didn't weigh more than 140 pounds. I heard at times he was even at 125 pounds at 5'7"

14. Bruce Lee weighed like 160 bro, and he did have a goal of getting bigger at one point he actually said "A stronger muscle, is a bigger muscle"

Of course they don't need supplements, they also don't need a healthy diet, but guess what? It helps. My dad managed GNC stores and worked for another big supplement company, he's told me all about how it works. Some companies lie, some don't. Some lie sometimes. Thats why you make an educated decision about what to buy and take, and also how to take it.

Look, either you're a troll or you are just stating things that you have no way of backing up. I can backup any claim I've made about Bruce's philosophy, how supplements are beneficial and anything else I've said. I didn't say they were necessary, but if you don't think supplements are beneficial to someone looking to get in better shape then you need to get your head out of your ass and read up.

Not everything is a conspiracy.

I could sit here and prove you wrong all day, especially with statements like "bruce lee never had goals of getting bigger" when he did, why else would he be doing bodybuilding techniques? Maybe you need to read up more about him.

Look at a pic of someone pre-1950? Small compared to what people are nowadays, its just stupid to say supplements won't help someone.

15. Yes you still need to do leg workouts. If at some point you feel your legs are getting too big, then you can alter your workouts accordingly. True ass to grass barbell squats cause the body to release large amounts of HGH and other hormones/growth factors. This effect is largest for squats because they can be used to perform the largest possible amount of work of almost any exercise.
    Your legs aren't going to turn into tree trunks overnight. Squatting will make you way better at basketball. It's a win win.

16. This. I LOL'd at basketball making your legs shredded. I play ball and my legs were twigs when I started lifting. I deadlift 305x5 now and deep squat 215x4 and my legs are still small. You're a fool if you're worried about getting too big. That would take many years of consistent lifting.

17. #37 Farm Dawg, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011

I think some are getting lost in terminology here. My legs get "toned" from playing basketball. Not bigger. Stronger and I am comfortable using the term shredded. :D I don't know what you're talking about or laughing at. That is the only workout my legs receive.

18. Shredded usually refers to low body fat. In any case, it was clear in sirbrandon's context what he was talking about.
    While your legs certainly can gain some strength from basketball, there's a limit. To push past that limit will take some form of strength training. It doesn't have to be weights. You could do one-legged squats. You could run up hills. You could push a sled. If you are comfortable with where your leg strength is at, then that's fine too. I'm just saying I've never seen anyone get worse at sports from doing proper strength training (admittedly proper is a key word here).

19. I don't know the best way to put it. When I play basketball, I loose whatever flab is there and yes my legs do get skinnier but also way more defined. At my current state of physical fitness my legs and uppper body to be in a similar fitness.

I think some aren't really understanding my current fitness goals. But some post have shed light on other things I should be doing and I respect that.

20. your not overdoing it but you should look into cycling on and off of workouts, and cycling your workout and rest periods, thats something ive found to be really important for making gains besides a good routine for your body and wholesome diet.

ex: a heavy weighted routine for 4 weeks, 2 weeks of lighter weight/for physique refinement , then 1 week off completely (which is really important to prevent injuries and FULLY recover)