I got a hundred dollars

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by weedjreal, Jul 20, 2006.

1. I tried before and I messed up on the lightings. so After what I spent I have a hundred dollars to spend on a grow room. Nothing fancy at all, floros growing(I may get a hps during flowering).

last time I used a large cardboard box, and taped tin foil around to reflect the light. I got some pots with some miracle grow soil, and pebbles on the bottom for drainage. I got some seeds from my dad, and germinated them pretty good.(wet paper towel method). I put them in there pots and 3 sprouted out of 5. but this is where I messed up, I used halogen lights.(kinda halfed arsed it and just looked at what had the most wattage). to support the lights I used this hard plastic netting and put weights on the sides to support it, and the lights. I put all this in my closet and covered with sleeping pillows so no one could see the lights. It lived for a few days but It strethed and fell over it self, and then dried up to death.

this time Im thinking about using the same setup but with floros, and cfls. and ordering some seeds from online.

I May be able to get another hundred but its not likely. but if I do I will buy a hps light from insidesun.com since they got a good deal. So any suggestion for the poorest indoor setup in mankind.

2. Theres a 400w hps for $85 on insidesun.com.In the long run an hps is cheaper depending on how much you buy cfls for. I get a 4 pack of 27w (1750 lumen) for $10 so Id spend $40 on 4-4 packs plus the sockets which would be $80.Alltogether $120 just to be equal watts as an hps Plus with an hps youll get more lumens per watt then cfls.

3. Hmm... I may just order the hps afterall.=) thanks bagz.

4. Yeah if you can get that light and a cheap fan you will be on your way. CFLs will work if thats all you can get. You can probably get a pack of mixed seeds pretty cheap.

5. Yea thats the same one Im going to buy.

6. I wish i had $100 :(