I got a few questions

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by diagnosedashigh, May 3, 2010.

1. First i have a EHLE 250, and ive been hearing a lot of hype about using hot water instead of cold water or just regular water. and its got the ice pinches so do you think the best way to smoke out of it would be hot/warm water, with ice in the ice pinches?

and 2nd for cleaning ive been using 70% iso and fine salt, ive found it doesnt work good. is there any suggestions for better ways to clean?

2. I could be wong but the hot/warm water would meltthe ice reasonably fast so I don't know if that would work. Try out both warm and cold water to see which you like best.

And for the cleaning, try a stronger alcohol and try a more coarse type of salt. Maybe sea salt. You can also look into cleaners like simple green and grunge off

3. yeah i heard simple green is good. the iso i have would work fine if i had something to scrape the sides of the bong with but i dont. and i dont think the warm water would effect the ice too much, it melts anyway with use.

4. Try using a coarse sea salt, that will work better than a fine table top salt.

5. yeah thats what i thought i just wasnt sure

6. Costco sells the 70% -- Don't go for that.

I have 91% from RiteAid which works much better. I use coarse salt if I have it, but table salt works fine with 91% ISO

7. Don't mix ice and hot water. That's the recipe for cracked glass. I prefer hot water, but cold water and ice is nice. It seems to keep its temp better. Hot water cools really fast for some reason.

I've use 50% alcohol before and it did an OK job. Higher percentage is better. But the key is to clean it often. 1 to 2 times a week and you can basically reuse the alcohol/salt mix