I got a few questions before I start growing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Big Diesel54, May 3, 2009.

1. #1 Big Diesel54, May 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2009
    Well,
    Before I even start getting my hopes up I have a few questions.

1: About how much does it run you guys to have an indoor growing "facility" for lack of a better word lol.

2: Can I clone a plant while it's in the flowering stage?

3: How big of lights do I need for 8 plants. (4 veg. 4 flowering)

4: How much weed does an average plant yield

5: About how long does it take to harvest and smoke the crap out of the weed you grow?

6: I'm thinking about having 4 plants all of different strains what would you guys recommend???

Thanks in advance for any help

2. search and read

3. Per 1000watt light it costs about 100.00/month. It also costs about 200.00 for nutrients each run (3 months). You also have to take into consideration water usage (if you pay that bill).

Yes you can, but it isn't recommended. It will take an extra week to veg (3 weeks total) and then another 3-4 weeks to revert from flowering back to a vegetative state.

a 1000watt HPS light for flowering and a 600watt MH light for veg. The MH is used for veg because it has a blue spectrum much like how the sky looks in the spring and summer. The HPS is used for flowering because it gives off a red/orange light much like the sky in late summer and fall.

It all depends on the strain. In your case of flowering only 4 plants however, you should be looking at how much does your particular strain yield per square foot? For this you want plants that get bushy that plants that like to be topped and trained with LST. The Diesel and Chem Dawg lines seem to be great ones.

From planting to vegging (2-3 weeks) to flowering (approx 8 weeks) to harvesting to curing (3 weeks) to smoking it, it takes about 14 weeks or 3 1/2 months.

Chem Dawg or Diesel lines. Search through different seed banks and look at pictures of the plants. You want plants that have readings of yields per square meter. With a 1000watt HPS in flowering no matter how many plants you have, you should be able to harvest a full pound or more of cured meds.

Good luck!

Because you're sooo busy right now.

4. I think it does depend on the strain. It is not recommended but Ive done it quite a few times with no adverse affects. I did it to my big bang and power skunk. My big bang took 5 days to root and my power skunk took 12 days. I took the clones off them 1 week into flowering(right after it showed sex).
    I have read that taking clones in flowering will shock the plant and could cause a bunch of different problem but none of them have been seen by me.

I had my big bang clone into flowering 1 week after cutting it....

5. Alright thanks guys. VERY useful stuff. Anyone else on the strains and how much they yield per plant. (I can't find anything on plant or square foot, all I get is square meter :()

6. one meter is a little over 3 feet(3.2ft) so just plan on having about 3.5'x3.5' area to get the numbers they say

7. try going to youtube and put in indoor grow. I saw a series of like 10 videos with this green man that sounds a lot like what you want to do, the beginning is him building the hydro setup, but after, he covers plant yield, cloning, everything. each vid is like 10 min. or so so you'll need a good 2 hrs. to see em' all. You'll know you have the right video's if the guy is painted totally green and in a blue jumpsuit in every vid lol. Weird, but very, very informative.

8. Hey bad ass thanks bwainwri useful stuff man, Anyone else on the strains???

9. research my friend. I spent 3-4 months reading damn near every grow journal, every sticky, everything I could find. This is my advice for sure. If you start up a grow but don't know what you are really getting into, you are always going to be reactive in your grow and its going to be a struggle from beginning to end to stay ahead of the ball. If you want a good crop, you gotta invest the time first in research before you even buy your soil or seeds. Just my .02.

And my grow costs (468 true watt CFL) all equipment and nuted prolly came in around 300 with a 25 a month power fee. Cost greatly depends on your setup.

As for strains as a beginner, I would recommend looking into auto flower strains. They have limits on both size and yield, but they are forgiving. In that arena I would recommend dieselryder or Auto Ak47.

10. i GIVE YOU WHAT MY COST TO GROW MY GRADEN GIVE YOU AN IDEA ON THE THINGS YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT GIVE YOU AN IDEA WHAT TO LOOK FOR..I GROW AND EBB AND FLOW THAT IS 4X4 AND GROW 49 PLANTS IN A SEA OF GREEN..i USE TWO 600W LIGHTS FROM ME CLONING ALL THE WAY THROUGH DRYING MY COST IS ABOUT 375$ MY YEILD MOST OF THE TIME IS ABOUT A 450-650GRAMS DEPENDING ON WELL I TOOK CARE OF THEM..i GROW IN SEA OF GREEN AND FLOWER THEM AFTER 1 1/2 WEEKS OF VEG.IF I HAD TO GUESS YOU COULD RUN A SMALL GRADEN LIKE YOU TALKING ABOUT FOR UNDER 200$ A CROP OF 8 USING 1 600W LIGHT AND EXPECT A YEILD FROM ANYWHERE BETWEEN 100-300 GRAMS DEPENDING ON WELL YOU DO GROWING..iF YOU NO NOTHING YOU CAN EXPECT YOUR FIRST CROP TO BE SMALL LIKE UNDER 100GRAMS UNTILL YOU GET THE HANG OF IT..