I got a DUI for Marijuana...

Discussion in 'General' started by klx104, Dec 14, 2009.

1. #1 klx104, Dec 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2009
    I can't go into too much detail but basically I got stopped, I was NOT high. Officer claimed to smell marijuana in my car, arrested me for suspected DUI, drug dogs came, found no marijuana. I took a drug test and am waiting to hear the results.

If there is ANY THC in my blood, I get a DUI for driving "under the influence...

2. this can be fought and most likely dropped. get a good lawyer.

3. Hopefully... I can't have this on my record! I hate how I wasn't even high or anything.

4. well seeing as how there was nothing in the car, them ordering a DT doesnt seem all that legal.

i can understand the search, if it smelled that gives them 'reasonable suspicion', enough for a search. but a DT? that does not sound right at all.

fight it man, fuck the po-lice.

5. Should be an easy one. Call a lawyer tomorrow morning.

6. my friend got out of the same thing only they had just got done smoking.
    cost him a bit of money, but he has no DUI now and got his license back and what not

7. Considering how long THC stays in your blood stream it seems like it would be easy to say, "yeah i smoked some last weekend". I don't see how they can prove you used it while driving.

8. Is there any way you could let me know how he got out of it?

9. Are you serious? Don't hate that, love the fact that you got pulled over and were sober. You can fully defend yourself without feeling the nervousness of lying, you can be completely thorough when speaking to the judge in regards to your sobriety.

Get an attorney and fight it.

10. It's just BS the cop would even do that.... welcome to Nazi American jeezus!

You should win this one no problem.

11. you probably live in a state with per se DUI laws, which is the biggest load of shit ever. Only in a conservative police state like the United States would you find Per Se laws like this. They basically say if there is any amount of drug in your system, intoxicated or not, you are DUI. This country is a joke.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Did they give you a blood test or what. With blood tests they measure how much of any drug is in your system at that time, so you could be ok. My last dui was for heroin/xanax and the xanax didn't even show up somehow. That was a stupid ass DUI, definitely could have easily been avoided.

Oh wait, I forgot, any drug in your system your fucked as long as it's high enough to test positive for. Tier 3 DUI comin your way, had to do 3 days in jail for mine and a year license suspension

13. Uh no. You should know that weed stays in your system for ~30 days which means that you can test positive and have been sober for a long long time. And it could be proven very easily that OP was not impaired when he was pulled over.

14. no hes right, anything in your system and you can get a DUI. Ive been through it...

15. This EXACT situation happened to me. When i when to court the court appointed lawyer said they couldn't charge me with dui because there were no feild sobriety tests or sparatic driving evident. They had me agree to Driving with a controlled measurable substance in my system and it was just because they used legal lingo i was confused and i heard a lesser charge and agreed to it without thinking. Which is bs. Just hire lawyer and youll be fine

16. Then why do you stay here?

17. Get an attorney.

/Thread.

18. You know the sad thing in all this is that both you and the state will end up spending thousands for plant material.

Why did you get pulled over in the first place?

19. #19 DreamCalledLife, Dec 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2009
    I got a DUI for Maryjane too, I got pulled over because I forgot to turn my headlights on :smoking:

I was most definitely blazed, but I got pulled over a block from home, this usually seems to be the case with most people who get DUI's. The cops were total dicks. They suspected me of doing some kind of speed because I basically had a panic attack and was shaking like a leaf when they tried to make me stand on one foot, my knee almost gave out I was shaking so hard. All I had was a few bowls out of my friends bong. The cops basically interrogated me, called me out every time I stuttered, and basically manipulated me into admitting my guilt. I'm pretty sure they get trained to do that sort of thing, because I thought I had a mental constitution that was unmatched, they proved me wrong.

Final result: 3 days in jail, 1500 dollar fine, 6 months probation (or until I pay off my fine), and 72 hours of a DUI class or something like that. This happened in 2007, I still haven't done anything with the fine, or the DUI class. I have other fines to worry about though right now, ones that if unpaid would make it so if my friend got pulled over while I was in the car they would take me in. This has already happened to me for 700 dollars in traffic tickets that were over a year old, driving with a suspended lisence. I spent 20 days in jail for these fines.

20. Get that lawyer and he'll tell you whether or not you're in the clear.

It sounds bogus, but you're innocent and unless there's some strange clause in a law that makes you guilty, you can look that officer in the face and give him a big grin.