I got a couple beginner questions for growing 1 cannabis

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mr. Alaskan Thunderfuck, Feb 7, 2014.

1. I got like 8 seeds that is a mixture of sativa, indica...and I got some questions that need answered..also I do plan on growing only 1 plant at a time...

1. How much wattage do I need for a plant for medium-grade bud.
    2. what is a good soil for under 10 dollars. 
    3. should I use a 5 gallon bucket for the whole length of the plant from seedling to flowered adult?
    4. will this work for the plant

I found 1 light that I think might work, and I do plan on using two.

I don't know whether I should do daylight for vegetative and red/blue for flowering or use both at the same time...

http://www.amazon.com/Miracle-605010-Absolute-Daylight-Spectrum/dp/B00CHQT7YK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391743400&sr=8-1&keywords=LED+grow+light 

2. Stop trying to cheap out, you will get less problems.

3. 1. How much wattage do I need for a plant for medium-grade bud.
    Pretty sure you need a minimum of 42w per plant and depending size more to cover shaded areas.
    2. what is a good soil for under 10 dollars. 
    I have looked and there isn't one seriously if you're looking to get more bang for your buck like me, look into growing with coco coir. It's great to be re-used long as it's prepped/cleaned/flushed correctly.
    3. should I use a 5 gallon bucket for the whole length of the plant from seedling to flowered adult?
    I can't really comment but from researching this isn't a great idea because your soil will hold water longer which is not a good thing.
    4. will this work for the plant
    Not really sure because you really didn't state anything, but if you're going to be growing in a 5gal pot that's gonna be a pretty big plant and im sure 2 cfl's strategically placed still will not be enough. So I'm going to say no.

4. I can go down to a 1 gallon pot if that will help it be shorter, bushy is what I care about most. and i can probly go up to 15 for the soil..it needs good draining tho

5. #5 Mr. Alaskan Thunderfuck, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2014
    I have experimented with a reptile 75w uvb and over watering killed the plant. I also did the same experiment with a florescent bulb (60w replacement and this one lasted like 3 weeks it was an indica. It died beause it got burnt..my little sisters friend (she is like 8) got into my room and figured out how to use my propane torch. 

Edit: I used dirt and a 4 1/2 inch pot

tell me what type of info I am missing and ill try to get it to you asap

If you're looking to grow one plant at a time, 1-2 gallons would be better. And it's going to be hard to find a good quality soil for under $15. Google different types but imo I don't believe there are none.

You have the right concept just need to do a little more research imo.

7. fox farm ocean forest is good its like 20 bucks on ebay with free shipping i just looked earlier ;)

Sent from my SCH-R740C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I worked around some things and I can go up to 20 but that is my max..

9. If you have that much then look into the Fox Farms Soil they're pretty great from what I hear!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum