Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

I got a baby bunny (pic)

Discussion in 'General' started by JohnnyWeedSeed, May 11, 2010.

1. He's Lucky cus he didn't hit the blades too.

2. So what did you faintly hear a bunch of high-pitched squeals over the lawnmower blade and see fountains of blood spraying out everywhere, and is it a little fucked up I'm more interested in that than the baby bunny?

3. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww tooooooooo ccccuuuuuttteeeeeee :D :D :D :D :D

but you're a murderer :mad:

4. you guys are being dudes. it was obvs an accident, and he felt guilty already and took the bunny in :/ i wish i had a bunny.

5. #25 Mr.302DE, May 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2010
    This is simply an awesome post, and I'll explain why...

EllWill joined almost an entire year ago. He has NEVER posted on GC before this post. His first post on the GrassCity had absolutely nothing to do with MJ at all, but instead was about a bunny.

Waiting a year for the perfect oppurtunity and you struck with a vengeance! I commend you, EllWill and I will be +Repping you harder than I've +Repped anyone in my life.

You are, indeed, a hero. /bow

:hello:

6. Yeah quit making him feel bad. It was obviously an unavoidable accident. I've done something similar a few times on my lawn tractor and it sucks but there's really nothing you can do about it.

7. lmfao!!! I saw that it was his first post but didn't realize the join date. All I can say is wwwwwoooowwwwwww during that entire time he could not find ONE thing to post about....until now....about a bunny.

8. Cute baby bunny.

He will never know his parents :(

9. Is it eating greens yet? If so they can have plenty of pellets, timothy hay, and fresh greens and veggies. If not, you can make a supplemental milk to feed the bunny. Is that a hare, though? They don't do the best in captivity, so once it's bigger you might want to release it if it's a hare.

10. You murderer! You killed all those bunnies and stole their children!

11. [​IMG]

Next step: The bunny becomes a hostage.

12. BAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhAHA.. Excellent find!

13. Pinkpipe- Yes, he has a voracious appitite for salad greens I have been giving him from my fridge. He seems to love them. He's a cottontail, not a hare and wild rabbits can't have normal rabbit pellets because of the extra stuff in them is too much for a wild rabbits system. He shall continue to dine on the salad I eat.

14. Rabbits are bad. they eat crops! KILL IT.

15. Firehose, you are very vague. Why don't you stop beating around the bush and tell us how you really feel. ;)

16. Rabbits are the worst pets, ever. They just stare at you with that stupid autistic sideways gaze. Be cute, or something, damnit.

Really guys, if a creature has eyes on the sides of its face, as opposed to in front, it's meant to be eaten. Skin and grill that sucker.

17. #37 firehose, May 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2010

I personally would give him antifreeze in his water bottle then i'd run him over with a lawn mower, and use him as organic fert.

18. 1 rabbit, cut up
    2 T. salt
    3 eggs, beaten
    2 c. flour
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/4. tsp pepper
    Cut up rabbit.
    In a lg. pot, fill about half way with water. Add 2 T. salt, and bring to a boil. Add rabbit, and parboil for 1/2 hr. Drain and let cool.
    Beat eggs in a bowl.
    Put flour on a plate, and mix with salt and pepper.
    Dip rabbit pieces, one at a time, into egg, and then flour mixture.
    Meanwhile, on high, heat 1/2" of oil in a lg. cast iron frying pan.
    When oil is hot, add rabbit pieces, one at a time into the oil.
    When one side is golden, flip over to the other side. Cook until golden brown and crispy.
    Drain each piece on a paper towel, to soak up grease.
    Serve hot, with your favorite side dish.
    Serves 1-2 depending on appetite.

19. baby rabbit is more tender

20. They're actually really good pets. Ours is potty trained and gets to roam the house an hour or two a day for exercise.

As for the pellets - a LOT of the pet store brands are filled with crap. Some even have bits that look like dog food. I found a brand that is timothy based and it works well for our bun bun.

I've had to bottle feed before - that is a LOT of work with a bunny. :(