Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I get very sleepy when I smoke.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by countingstars, Jun 2, 2012.

1. It's really pissing me off, it's like 30-45 mins after I smoke, I wanna go to sleep. How can I avoid it?:confused:

2. Sativa my friend

3. Cup of coffee right before or right after you smoke.

4. Yup! Find something like Durban Poison.

5. it's the same with sativa. hella sleepy

6. Are you new to smoking? I remember when I first started up that I'd always fall asleep way too early if I smoked earlier in the day.

7. If your fairly new to the herb thats why, this happens to alot of people and it normally passes.

8. Not really, it's been 4 years already.. wouldn't call that ''new''... however, it started 2 years ago or so..

9. -Get more/extra sleep the night before
    -Have caffeine/energy drinks Etc.
    :smoke:

10. [quote name='"Im Riley"']-Get more/extra sleep the night before
    -Have caffeine/energy drinks Etc.
    :smoke:[/quote]

Wouldn't recommend energy drinks, you get a bad bloodsugar low after your bloodsugar high, so you feel worse on the comedown.

11. how are you smoking it? I often smoke joints (with tobacco) and I get a lot sleepier when I do, I find myself more awake if I smoke through a bong or pipe

12. Hrm, since it happened at a very distinct time right in the middle of your smoking past, can you think of any other things that happened to you or your lifestyle two years ago?

Sometimes effects like this may not be completely related to smoking or specific strains (indica vs. sativa). Are you getting enough sleep normally? More stress in your life? School/workload changes?

If you only smoke late at night, try a wake and bake one morning. Also, all of the traditional methods to wake you up (coffee, energy drinks, etc.) would likely work. Try and decide to go DO something after you smoke next time (like go for a walk to enjoy nature, or some other thing where you are up and active). Getting blazed late at night just sitting on a couch after a long day of work/school is basically just asking to fall asleep.

Good luck with it.

13. yeah, joints with tobacco is exactly how i smoke it :D so yeah that might be the problem, thanks :)

14. Makes sense. I didn't try wake and bake cause seeing how sleepy it made me, i was afraid of being sleepy the whole day :D but what the hell, summer holidays are coming. could as well try it at least once ;) thanks for the tips!

15. No problem. Yeah, give a wake and bake a shot. And if you want to try and foolproof it, then ALSO make a plan on going to DO something just in case you get sleepy and don't want to crash.

16. This happens to me sometimes. I have started to have a cup of coffee right before and I'm fine then.

17. Yeah, doing stuff is usually difficult for me when i smoke :laughing:

18. [quote name='"countingstars"']
    Makes sense. I didn't try wake and bake cause seeing how sleepy it made me, i was afraid of being sleepy the whole day :D but what the hell, summer holidays are coming. could as well try it at least once ;) thanks for the tips![/quote]

Also, who doesn't love an excuse for a nap?

19. I used to be that guy in highschool when i first started smoking. Me and my friends would hang out, and i would always fall asleep at like 2am. They all made fun of me, but god damn. It was 2am, so i was naturally tired.

It changed with tolerance. you said you had been smoking for 4 years, but if you are smoking less than you did the first 2 (doubtful, but whatever) your tolerance might be to blame.

20. Thanks.. I smoke once or twice a month, so it's not that often, it might be tolerance.