Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I get high too fast? Good or bad?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Rose.budd, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Hello! I’m new here. I’m posting bc I have a huge question and I literally cannot find anything online to help. Most people have problems with their edibles taking too long to kick in, mine is the opposite!! I recently started making my own edibles and i noticed that I get super high, super fast. I don’t even eat a full brownie or rice crispy. It’s either a bite or half at MAX. The quickest I’ve gotten high is under 20 mins after consumption. And it never takes more than an hour.
    I did take a 3 month hiatus from smoking for health reasons. I knew I’d be a lightweight once I started but I’ve been eating these edibles daily for 2 months now and my tolerance has only went up a little bit.
    I definitely don’t have a high metabolism, I am overweight and im disabled so I don’t exercise lol. I always eat them when I have food in my stomach, bc the intensity of the high when I eat them on an empty stomach is crazy.
    I’m not necessarily mad at this, I mean I’m high either way so it’s cool but it just makes me super curious as to why.
    If anybody has an idea please let me know!

• Like Like x 2
  2. There is a small "tincture" effect from eating edibles.
    I often get it at the 30 minute mark, but the edible doesn't kick in completely for about another hour.
    The act of chewing can cause some oral absorption of thc.
    A low tolerance might make that feel very strong.

If this is true, then getting it into your stomach quickly might make a difference.
    One thing you could try is to grind up the edible, and then quickly wash it down with liquid without chewing.
    Another strategy would be to bypass oral absorption by swallowing cannacaps.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mine are the same. I also found that my cookies get more potent the older they get. I make an oat, coconuts type cookie that takes a lot of butter so perhaps Im putting to much weed in the butter and to much butter in the cookie .Or the weed I am getting is just A grade weed and highly potent. On the other subject I found I have been getting higher faster the older the cookies get. I'm quite convinced the THC ages with time ( even in a cookie) like fine wine does or it just continues to infuse. Tonight when I got home I took the usual 1 and a half teaspoons of cookie crumbs ( I reduce my cookies to crumbs so I can dose myself more accurately ) within around 15 min I started feeling the effect . my cookies are 3-4 months old.

4. @Rose.budd
    I'll answer this in two parts.
    1. Yes there is an oral effect as you chew or just the time it's in your mouth can kick start the high. I often let my Hash-Coconut oil caps melt in my mouth for a faster onset if I'm in agony. Cuts the time down by a marked amount.

2. There is an accumulative effect when you do edibles over a long time. I find it builds up in my system and I can go several days without canna oil before that old pain starts to make it's presence known again.

Mine is a medical issue from 3 rounds of major Surgery and I use very high doses of Canna oil to limit the pain it's left me in much of the time.
    Works better then opioids and who cares if I'm in a permanent state of stone.
    :)
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wow... that's crazy fast!! I wish mine would kick in around 20-30min. I usually have to wait about ~90+min. I just hit the pen a few times to kickstart things. How long do they typically last?

Anyway, as to why it happens so fast... the sublingual absorption could be correct. But it could also be something medical/physiological. Do you have any GI related issues, or insulin/diabetic issues?

6. I thought about that, with the tincture effect but tbh I feel full blown stoned in that amount of time. I will try that grinding thing maybe it’ll help

7. The high last for hours, usually around 5-6 with small bites. Up to 10-12 if I eat a whole one which is rare lol.
    And nope, no GI or diabetic issues.

8. Wow!! What ratio of herb to butter do you use?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Does refrigeration effect your cookies? I noticed my very first batch I put them in the fridge and had some issues. Haven’t done it since and everything has been okay lol

10. A quarter of bud, and 1 and a half sticks of unsalted butter. Makes 1/3 of butter and I used that for every recipe. I thought that was way too much but every where I looked and read on people were using whole ounces for 4 sticks. So I just cut it down

11. Weird... in a good way I suppose. Most people would be ecstatic about an edible lasting 10-12 hours. I'm still a little skeptical that there isn't something going on in your body though to process them so fast and have it last so long....even after months of eating them.

12. Oh I’m definitely not complaining lol! I was just curious as to why and wondered if anybody else had the same problems.
    And hmmm. I hadn’t thought of that.

13. I see the fruity pebbles (?) krispy treats in your profile pic. What other cereals have you tried? Golden Grahams seems to be the one I get asked to make the most. Cinnamon Toast Crunch is pretty good too. Cocoa pebbles was not as good as I expected. But Reeses Peanut Butter cereal was really good.

14. I’ve only done a few variations of brownies, and regular or fruity pebbles rice crispy treats. I’m still pretty new to baking lol I want to try making Cinnamon Toast Crunch bars so bad !!! I have the coco pebbles with marshmallows. You think those would be good?

15. 1.Lasts the whole day if I take it in the morning. Usually blend the crumbs into my morning fruit and moringa smoothies on weekends. Have no health issues at all.

16. I have often thought about the same. I am sensitive to Cannabis (in a good way ofc!) Everyone is different. What I would do is cut back on the weed even more, if you wanted a less intense session. :)