I fucking hate my job!!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by a_kings_fan, Aug 23, 2009.

1. I have been an avid reader of High Times magazine for some time now and within the past 2 or 3 years have gotten really involved with the whole process of growing, without actually having grown any weed. I've been doing tons of research and learning all I can about hydro, aero, NFT, LST, SCROG...many different types of growing. I currently live in Cali and I am a certified med patient.

Now as I sit here, on an unpaid suspension from my current employment, I realize that I fucking hate my job. I'm not sure if it's the rat race that I hate or maybe it's the fact that I am totally and completely expendable and replaceable. My only two options to escape the rat race are to either start over with a different career, (I have always wanted to be a chef) or to start growing. I am really not looking forward to starting over and working my way from the ground up, as I did with my science degree. I would not be able to afford the pay cut that comes with starting an entry level position.

I have invested a little bit of money on some grow equipment but, my question is where do I start? Is it at all possible to start a delivery service or become a vendor/grower for a dispensary/delivery service? I would really like an honest opinion. I want to get out of this fucking rat race bullshit, or at least lessen the degree to which I have to commit to working for someone else. I know it's next to impossible to start up a dispensary, at least at the moment, but how complicated is it to just get started DOING SOMETHING? I welcome all honest answers and opinions but, no bullshit please. Keep the bullshit comments to yourself.

2. Since you've never grown before you should try it before you start considering supplying a vendor. So get those seeds in the ground and then you'll have some time to think what path you want to take. But i wouldn't recommend growing being your only source of income. Good luck!

3. You could always grow on top of another job so you always have income coming in.

4. Who hasn't wanted to do this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0KIF7i5yIM]YouTube - Guy freaks out at work[/ame]

5. I'm surprised that guy lasted so long. I would have tackled him in 10 seconds.

6. not sure if its wrong to promote another forum, if so you can delete my post mods

but try asking the question here:
    Toker's Den there's people with direct knowledge of this stuff.

7. A dude with a science degree growing? Fuck yeah. The market needs you dude.

8. Wow, that is a badass video. But the guys co-workers(males) are a bunch of fuckin pussies.

They should of just bum rushed the guy together and whipped his ass. How do you see your co-workers get hurt, and not do anything about it? I really hope that guy went to jail though. He should be able to control his temper, especially over some paper that was mistakenly knocked over.

Anyway, GL OP.

9. Cubical workers

Nothing to lose, since he's already dead inside.

10. well go back to the old job set up a nice lil account that makes your money grow and than grow some bud. never start to do something without a plan b

11. wow that dude went berserk

12. that guy went at it a while

13. if you wanna open a dispensary, come to colorado, they are growing here like wildfire!

14. You didn't say what state you were in but if your in California I would buy up some land in either Mendocino, Trinity, or Humboldt county. You can grow huge outdoor crops with less fear that you will get busted out in those woods. Personally if I wasn't going to school I would be thinking about growing out in Trinity county. Here is a blurb from High Times special strain issue that just came out.
    :smoking:

So to answer your question. I would start growing first and grow a lot if you want to make a lot of cash. Outdoors is the cheapest for the yield you would get. Indoor grows can be very profitable also. Obviously no matter what you will need to have money to invest in your start up.

Opening a medical marijuana dispensary is possible but will require a lot of work. There are still many cities in California without medical marijuana dispensaries and if you have the time and energy to work with the cities you may be able to open one up.

Vendormaps.com is also a good resource if your looking to become a vendor.

15. Isn't mendocino cal. where a bunch of great white attacks happen? Those things really fuck people up. Big jaws goin OM NOM NOMONOMOBNOOM there was a dude on a surf board, and a big 18 foot white took a strike at him, and in one bite bit through the dude's torso and his surfboard and just bit him in half. He died.

16. Ya the north coast has the highest rate of shark attacks. Still pretty rare to get chomped on by one though.

17. you could always quit your job and become a male stripper. Its what I did.:p

[​IMG]

18. Uuummmmm,...... Yeah..........

[​IMG]

19. Hahahha office spaceeeeee :hello: