Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I found a forgotten tincture and am wondering if its any good to even try?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Clstcnnbscltvtr, Mar 13, 2013.

1. About 6 months ago I had thrown about 3gs into a few oz of 80 proof whiskey. Im really not sure why but I just found the sealed up mason jar and remembered doing it. The lid has been on and it hasn't been touched and I am very unsure of if there is any use for it be it another extraction or can it be consumed? If there is any doubt, nothing lost that I had cared for apparently.

2. It's good. Just strain it. You may want to let some of the alcohol evaporate naturally (open air) in order to concentrate the thc into the tincture. Alcohol tincture is nearly forever. You may want to flavor it, but it's good. Enjoy. :)

3. probs going to be potent as fuck

4. Nothing wrong with that, though. Just have a seat close by in case you have to get down fast. ;)

5. Yeah i just found a bottle of tincture that is supposed to be diluted? If anyone knows what im talking about...

6. Another question. Can I do this sublingual? like let it soak into blood under the tongue?

i drank a small 2 ml shot about 30min ago. we'll see how this goes

7. Yeah, could get something like a wafer and administer drops into the wafer, then put it under your tongue. I've found that's a pretty good way.

8. What's the point of the wafer?

9. The taste, it dissolves under your tongue just the same. I imagine this shit will taste strong after all this time, because I've drank some pretty old liquor and it's strong.

10. I drank some 70+year old moonshine. A drop of tincture shouldn't be that bad!

11. Whew, liquor that old is a trip. Only thing I've drank that was that old was some vodka. But I mean we're comparing something pretty hard on the palette to something that's still hard on the palate. Of course a tincture like that doesn't hold a candle to some moonshine that old.

Bet you got really fucking drunk, hahahahaha. Did it still have very distinct flavors? Or were you just drinking it to get smashed?

12. It may burn but since it's not Everclear, it shouldn't burn too much more than whiskey would. And whisky gets better as it ages. :)

13. Well the moonshine in question here was supposedly 100years old. My dad got it as a trade for work he did for an extremely old lady. Said her dad was a shiner an she had old glass gallon bottles stacked on shelves in her basement with dates on them.

When I drank it, it was instant WOAH. you could do your finger in it then blow your finger dry in seconds.

Had a really weird flavor an yes, it got me feeling really good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ganja Power

14. What kind of tincture and what do you mean by diluted? Like a concentrate? That could just mean that it's super potent and it's recommended to dilute it. Frankly, I would use it like it is, but if it has some other herbs in it, that could be why. Is a specialty medical tincture or just something someone like me whipped up? :)