I forgot what I was going to call this...

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Kinetic420, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Well the only way to start a grow journal is to just start a grow journal...:D

I've got a good bit left to acquire before I can get 'er up and running but after spending my time watching people too numerous to mention and stealing every bit of information and inspiration I could from you all I'm preparing my grow! So, thank you all for checking my setup out... Pics as soon as I can get 'em up...

for now i'll put up the pics of the carbon scrubber I built.. here's the finished product all buttoned up...[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. nice thread title, lol.

I like the scrubber. Looks like your on the right track, good luck dude.

3. hehe.. Thanks..

keep subbed, I want as much help as I can get...

4. Ok.. So I got a gallon of my RO water out of my bucket and got it ready for when I get my seeds germ'd...

[​IMG]
    I got out my pH kit and TDS meter and started getting everything prepped...
    [​IMG]
    Kinda blurry...
    [​IMG]
    This is alot better than the 150+ my tap water hovers around...

This next pic is my humidity dome with the rockwool I'm going to use... I'm recycling my lunch meat containers in this little project... I'm gonna use them to germ and also as a bowl to hold the pH'ed water where I can 1/2 submerge a cube when the seeds are ready to go in...

[​IMG]

I know it's not much but I wanted to get something up... I've been promising pics for a few weeks and I keep trying different setups to see what I like and what I don't like... I'll get some pics up of the actual room as soon as I settle on a layout and get some cleanup work done in there...

Attached Files:

5. Ok pics of the room!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok so pic 1 is my 6 buckets that I'm thinking of srarting in.. Pic 2 is the rumplebucket-style bucket.. Pic 3 is the blower and scrubber attached.. Pic 4 is the RO filter and a Storage tote / possible reservoir...

Now all I need is my Light...

Attached Files:

6. Ordered my light today! It should be here within a week... :devious:

7. Looking good. My second grow will be bubblebuckets.

8. Whoa! I didnt even know you had a grow journal started. Kick ass!

What light are you getting? You're going to locate that Lasko blower outside of the grow room right? I figured you were just staging up.

9. Yeah I'm staging up right now, it's a lot to get done. The blower is going to scrub the air.. not exaust it... I'm waiting until the light gets here before I try to do the math on how many CFM's I'm going to need to move to keep the temps stable with the light on..

I'm getting a 400w switchable mh/hps electronic ballast and 1mh 1hps bulb and bat-wing reflector... paid like $180... I'm just waiting until it all gets here before I do my happy dance :D

I'm considering a 4" fan to exaust the room but I've got an area that is 6' x 8' x 6' and that is a rather large area for a 4" fan... I'm going to have to tent off part of the room and make it airtight before I really start gettin it... :smoking: Thanks for stoppin by Smurfy and Zero!

10. If you use an exhaust that does not scrub the air then the smell of weed will escape the grow room.

11. #11 Kinetic420, Jul 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2010
    yeah I know... I'm not gonna try to setup any exhaust until the fake-sun arrives... I've found out that I have an area that is 288 sq. ft. and only a 3x3x6 area of that is considered "useable" with a 400w setup. Therefore in that 54 sq. ft. area if I can tent it off and get a fan that will turn over that small area's air in a quick enough timeframe I could scrub the air in the main 288 sq. ft. area then tent off the 54 sq. ft. area and scrub the exhaust as it leaves the tent so that scrubbed hot air is leaving the room and being piped across the house. Then the area inside the tent will have a negative pressure and be recieving the air from the larger area which will also be scrubbed and recirculated.

I'm already able to light up a bowl in there and within 10-15 seconds you can't smell the smoke anymore. I'm hoping that with the negative pressure the smell won't leak out into the "anti-chamber" and that if it does have a chance to I'll have another scrubber on an independant circut to scrub the air before it can make it outside or up into the house.

I've been looking at a 4" 190CFM inline fan and filter combo online for like $160. I'm just not sure if I should go that route and Y it into the dryer line or not. My budget for this is starting to run low so I'm slowly bargain hunting and hoping I don't get sold some defective shit.

Edit: Light Shipped From: South San Francisco CA
    Shipment received by UPS - Jul 08, 2010 8:47:00 PM

12. Well, sounds like you have a plan going and know whats up. I cant wait to see this take shape.:)

13. While I wait for my light I made a cloner... Thanks again to Rumpleforeskin for the DIY.. Definately the way to go, $50 in materials as opposed to $300 for a TurboClone clone machine... it's a no-brainer...

Here it is... all put together.. The EZ Clone sprayers are a pain in the ass to get to bight the threading from that tutorial but also I got a little frustrated.. Anyways most of them went in with no problem and only 2 of them needed some persuasion
    [​IMG]

Here it is in the bucket.. I ruined a lid trying with my pocket knife to cut the circles that my 3" net pots will fit in... oh well.. tomorrow I'm going to get a 3" Forstner bit or hole saw or something that will make my attempt run a little more smoothly...
    [​IMG]

So that's it for now... I'll get more on here when I get my light...

Attached Files:

14. Tracking my Light: Hodgkins IL: Arrival Scan - Jul 08, 2010 11:53:00 PM

That's been that way for 3 days... very boring...

I've mixed up some full strength nutes.. I guess if I put 1 gal of full strength nutes into 4 gal of RO water that will make 1/5 strength nutes.. and all I'll have to do is pH it...

I wonder if I can get my hydrangea to root in my cloner... hmm...

well.. I'm debating whether I should order some White Widow seeds... Seedsmans or Nirvana...

Feedback plz! I need to know if it's worth it!!!

Pics as soon as the Light Arrives... L8r

15. Well, Im sure anything beats growing bagseed. I do know that Greenhouse Seed Co. is the original producer of the White Widow so if you are looking at that strain I would buy from them. You can get it through Attitude seed bank.

Green House Seeds White Widow Feminized

16. I saw some documentary deal on them, Greenhouse seed co.. They sell something on the order of 8 kilo's of seeds at a retail value of $1-$2 million. Annually... I'm in the wrong business, Breeding is where it's at! hehe..

I'm still waitin for my light... today is the earliest possible delivery date estimated by the seller.. UPS says it's still in IL. no scans after Friday.. Stupid...

I've got 1 BB built and 5gal of nutes mixed ready to run my 1st plant but I NEED MY GD LIGHT!!!!!

I'm mad kuz I smoked with my cousin the other day and totally finished off my stash... I've got the same problem with bud that I have with alcohol.. In social situations I consume 3x more than I do when I consume alone... I could have made my quarter last for another month or more but get me and my cousin together for a day and we just get too stoned to function... Thank god for $5 pizza's.. otherwise we would have starved to death...

I'll update as soon as my light arrives.. *Crossing fingers for it arriving today*

17. Saw the light has made it to my state finally...

Ordered a mylar tent.. I figured that making my own would be more complicated than I felt was needed for this... plus I got a good deal on a 4'x2'x5' tent... Here's hoping it's big enough...

I decided that to light-proof and seal off the room from pests was going to be more difficult than tenting my soon-to-be ladies in... I can use the room for germing, sprouting, and cloning while the veg/flower chamber is tented... it's a bit smaller than I wanted it to be but the ceiling height really dictated how I was going to be able to do it... 70" isn't a standard height...

I can adapt my filter and blower to fit the tent no prob... It'll be better this way... now I'm close! I got my Nutes, Fan, Filter, Bubble Buckets, Cloner, Meters, Meter maintainence solutions, Meter Calibration solutions, 400w MH/HPS ballast bulbs and reflector coming, 40 cubic ft Mylar grow tent coming... I'm SO CLOSE!!!

18. Light Arrived today!!!

Pics as soon as I get it setup..
    :wave:

19. I am buckling in for your grow. Congrats on the 400 watter..... LQQKING forward to seeing you grow something.

20. #20 bobbarker420, Jul 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2010
    Looks like your headed in the right direction. :hello:youll be way more prepared than i was. sub'd and looking forward to see what you can do.